Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law (833 Views)

Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child / Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child / The Rod Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 11:54am On Jul 10, 2022
Please can anyone prove that children who were never flogged by their parents end up being spoilt?
The believe that being a violent parent is the best way to bring up your kids is false.
If you go to the prisons, you would not find kids who where not beaten by parents. Rather, you are most likely to find kids from violent homes. Please stop using the bible as an excuse to violate your kids.
Many of you agree that it is wrong to beat our wives. It is even worse to beat kids. They are unable to defend themselves. They are weak and powerless and should be protected.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by funshint(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
The best way to correct a child up till age 13 is the cane; not slap or blows o *'cos that'll harden them. Above that age, you switch to words and moral correction. The laws of the Bible are forever valid. That's why you can see that despite it's development, America is a morally bankrupt and rotten society.

3 Likes

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by Jokerman(m): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
It is not outdated... infact the law is needed much more in this generation

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
Please can anyone prove that children who were never flogged by their parents end up being spoilt?
The believe that being a violent parent is the best way to bring up your kids is false.
If you go to the prisons, you would not find kids who where not beaten by parents. Rather, you are most likely to find kids from violent homes. Please stop using the bible as an excuse to violate your kids.
Many of you agree that it is wrong to beat our wives. It is even worse to beat kids. They are unable to defend themselves. They are weak and powerless and should be protected.
There is no absoluteness in this case.

Majority of kids flogged become responsible adults. Few of them become irresponsible adults.

Majority of kids that were not flogged become irresponsible adults. Only few of them become responsible adults.

Visit cheap public schools and expensive private schools to confirm this. Enter NYSC camps for further verification. The point is everything has a limit. Too much flogging or flogging a kid below the age of 5 is bad.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
There is no absoluteness in this case.

Majority of kids flogged become responsible adults. Few of them become irresponsible adults.

Majority of kids that were not flogged become irresponsible adults. Only few of them become responsible adults.

Visit cheap public schools and expensive private schools to confirm this. Enter NYSC camps for further verification. The point is everything has a limit. Too much flogging or flogging a kid below the age of 5 is bad.
You have any evidence of what you say or you just choose to talk? Are you saying that if we go to prisons, we would discover that most of the criminals were never flogged by their parents? Are you saying that all these corrupt politicians and yahoo boys were not flogged by their parents?
And you are wrong about private school. Till date, we have not had a single cult clash in any of our private universities. Where are you getting you wrong facts from?
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
You have any evidence of what you say or you just choose to talk? Are you saying that if we go to prisons, we would discover that most of the criminals were never flogged by their parents? Are you saying that all these corrupt politicians and yahoo boys were not flogged by their parents? And you are wrong about private school. Till date, we have not had a single cult clash in any of our private universities. Where are you getting you wrong facts from?
One, I have an evidence because I relate with people from different backgrounds. Two, why not use schools and NYSC as I suggested? Why are you using prison? How many rich criminals go to prison? Are there not numerous innocent individuals in prison? It seems you are either insincere or illogical in this argument. You respond with "all politicians and all yahoo boys" as if you did not see where I wrote "no absoluteness" "majority" and "few" in my comment.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
One, I have an evidence because I relate with people from different backgrounds. Two, why not use schools and NYSC as I suggested? Why are you using prison? How many rich criminals go to prison? Are there not numerous innocent individuals in prison? It seems you are either insincere or illogical in this argument.
So using schools and Nysc, can you give us the data? Like I stated, till date we have never had an incident of cult clash from any private university.
Please what data shows proves what you say. Why should anyone take you serious if you don't back what you say with data.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:
How so?
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
funshint:
The best way to correct a child up till age 13 is the cane; not slap or blows o *'cos that'll harden them. Above that age, you switch to words and moral correction. The laws of the Bible are forever valid. That's why you can see that despite it's development, America is a morally bankrupt and rotten society.
You child is not a goat. Stop. The domestic violence
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
So using schools and Nysc, can you give us the data? Like I stated, till date we have never had an incident of cult clash from any private university. Please what data shows proves what you say. Why should anyone take you serious if you don't back what you say with data.
You, which data shows you that kids that are not flogged become responsible and the ones flogged become spoilt? You brought an argument and I responded based on my real-life experience. It is left for you to deny it with your own real-life experience. Which data do you want me to provide? Do you expect me to mention the names of the schools and the names and picture of the individuals? You are not serious. You have jumped from prison and Yahoo to data. Maybe you will jump to home addresses in your next response.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
You, which data shows you that kids that are not flogged become responsible and the ones flogged become spoilt? You brought an argument and I responded based on my real-life experience. It is left for you to deny it with your own real-life experience. Which data do you want me to provide? Do you expect me to mention the names of the schools and the names and picture of the individuals? You are not serious.
I gave you an important data, no single cult clash in any private school.
Stop domestic violence.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
I gave you an important data, no single cult clash in any private school. Stop domestic violence.
Can you swear that kids from private schools do not get involved in cult clash? Also, what will you say about Chrisland College and Dowen College cases?
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Can you swear that kids from private schools do not get involved in cult clash? Also, what will you say about Chrisland College and Dowen College cases?
Christians don't swear. Secondly, you have google, you can research to find out if there had been any cult clash in any private university.
You gave an example of sex in a private school, but there have been many incidents of sex in public schools.
Go to the north and you would see primary school girls getting pregnant. All in public schools.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by Jokerman(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:

Christians don't swear. Secondly, you have google, you can research to find out if there had been any cult clash in any private university.
You gave an example of sex in a private school, but there have been many incidents of sex in public schools.
Go to the north and you would see primary school girls getting pregnant. All in public schools.

Yes there are cults in some private universities
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by Jokerman(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:

How so?

This generation is lazy and into a little of immorality
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
Christians don't swear. Secondly, you have google, you can research to find out if there had been any cult clash in any private university. You gave an example of sex in a private school, but there have been many incidents of sex in public schools.
Your logic is so childish. Private school environment is not conducive for cult clash, and cult clash is not the only form of notoriety. Youths who indulge in sexual immorality and release sex tapes go to Church but do not use Church as the venue for the sexual acts. Would you claim no Church goer indulges in sexual immorality? That private schools are not known venues for cult clash is not an evidence that kids from private schools do not indulge in cult. Besides, your focus on cult clash is a clear deviation from the topic. Stop using cult, prison and yahoo as your base. Most of the spoilt kids causing chaos in streets, homes and schools are neither cultists nor fraudsters. Cult and fraud and not the only or major identities of spoilt kids.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your logic is so childish. Private school environment is not conducive for cult clash, and cult clash is not the only form of notoriety. Youths who indulge in sexual immorality and release sex tapes go to Church but do not use Church as the venue for the sexual acts. Would you claim no Church goer indulges in sexual immorality? That private schools are not known venues for cult clash is not an evidence that kids from private schools do not indulge in cult. Besides, your focus on cult clash is a clear deviation from the topic. Stop using cult, prison and yahoo as your base. Most of the spoilt kids causing chaos in streets, homes and schools are neither cultists nor fraudsters. Cult and fraud and not the only or major identities of spoilt kids.
You have already asked me to swear and not you insult me. I believe you were flogged as a kid yet you engage in swearing. You just made my point, flogging makes no difference on how you end up.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

This generation is lazy and into a little of immorality
Actually, not so. This generation is having less sex than any other generation.
There are now less abortions than 20 years ago. In fact, this generation is doing better than generations before. Please do some research.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

Yes there are cults in some private universities
I never said there are no cults in private schools, all I said is there has never been a cult clash in any of our private schools. You can research on that.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
You have already asked me to swear and not you insult me. I believe you were flogged as a kid yet you engage in swearing. You just made my point, flogging makes no difference on how you end up.
You have no fact in this argument. You are just relying on your sentiment. Among spoilt kids, majority were not flogged. Among responsible kids, majority were flogged. And like I said earlier, flogging has a limit. Your disagreement does not change the fact. You are offended by the word "swear" because you are not confident in your claim. I am confident in my own claim and I can swear that my claim is factual. Swearing is not violence or unethical. That is why people swear oath of office and during marriage vows.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
You have no fact in this argument. You are just relying on your sentiment. Among spoilt kids, majority were not flogged. Among responsible kids, majority were flogged. And like I said earlier, flogging has a limit. Your disagreement does not change the fact.
Ok you have made your point. Unfortunately they are not based on facts. Now let me give you some facts. Flogging of kids is illegal in most of western Europe, yet they have more peaceful societies, less corruption and better economies than in Nigeria where flogging is allowed. How is that for some facts.
If flogging is such a good thing, we should have more yahoo boys in Switzerland than in Nigeria, more cultist in Germany and more terrorist in Holland.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
You have no fact in this argument. You are just relying on your sentiment. Among spoilt kids, majority were not flogged. Among responsible kids, majority were flogged. And like I said earlier, flogging has a limit. Your disagreement does not change the fact. You are offended by the word "swear" because you are not confident in your claim. I am confident in my own claim and I can swear that my claim is factual. Swearing is not violence or unethical. That is why people swear oath of office and during marriage vows.
Also, you've called me childish and sentimental, you have requested that I swear. Hope you know that swearing in an argument is childish, sentimental, and stupid.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
Ok you have made your point. Unfortunately they are not based on facts. Now let me give you some facts. Flogging of kids is illegal in most of western Europe, yet they have more peaceful societies, less corruption and better economies than in Nigeria where flogging is allowed. How is that for some facts. If flogging is such a good thing, we should have more yahoo boys in Switzerland than in Nigeria, more cultist in Germany and more terrorist in Holland.
Every society has what works for it. The same Europe has been managing life with contract marriage and baby mama system. Contract marriage and baby mama are causing problems in Africa. Divorce rate is higher in Europe than in Africa. Number of kids that sue their parents in Europe is higher than the Number of kids that sue their parents in Africa. Sexual immorality rate is higher in the same Europe. Europeans are also into the fraud you cited. Europeans also prisoners and bullies. In fact, there are more European bullies. Racism is also higher in the same Europe. All these things reflect the upbringing of the Europeans. So, your logic is weak.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Every society has what works for it. The same Europe has been having peaceful life with contract marriage and baby mama system. Contract marriage and baby mama are causing problems in Africa. Number of kids that sue their parents in Europe is higher than the Number of kids that sue their parents in Africa. Sexual immorality rate is higher in the same Europe. Europeans are also into the fraud you cited. Europeans also prisoners and bullies. In fact, there are more European bullies. Racism is also higher in the same Europe. All these things reflect the upbringing of the Europeans. So, your logic is weak.
You are mostly wrong. Nigeria has one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy not Europe. Nigeria is among the most corrupt counties while western Europe is the lest corrupt part of the world. You have no evidence of a higher bully ratio in Europe, where did you get your data from? About racism, Nigerians are worst. We are the most tribalistic people on earth. You can't read 5 post in Nairaland without Yoruba insulting Igbo or Igbo insulting Hausa. We are worse than Europeans in almost all metrics.
Talking about bullies, I went to a secondary school in Nigeria where prefects were allowed to beat and punish students. If you try that in Europe, the principal of the school would end up in jail. There are still so many schools in Nigeria like that.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
You are mostly wrong. Nigeria has one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy not Europe. Nigeria is among the most corrupt counties while western Europe is the lest corrupt part of the world. You have no evidence of a higher bully ratio in Europe, where did you get your data from? About racism, Nigerians are worst. We are the most tribalistic people on earth. You can't read 5 post in Nairaland without Yoruba insulting Igbo or Igbo insulting Hausa. We are worse than Europeans in almost all metrics.
Teenage pregnancy in what sense? Most of the males that impregnate the teenage girls in Nigeria are either pampered kids or Muslims that practice under-age marriage. Tribalism does not even fit in this discussion. Tribalism manifests more in politics and religion that are headed by old people. When talking about spoilt kids, tribalism is not among the facts to be used. What you should be talking about is how kids contol themselves and act in the absence of parents, how kids respect elders and how kids get involved in juvenile delinquencies. Those are the areas to focus on when discussing spoilt kids. Not all these adult traits you are bringing up. You are just jumping from one thing to another. Nairaland's case is about cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is higher outside Africa, and even results in more suicide cases outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child is not a Law and neither is it a commandment from God. undecided
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:
It is not God's Law but a suggestion made by man. undecided
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child is not a Law and neither is it a commandment from God. undecided
We are on the same page. It's an outdated advice that has lost meaning in the modern world.
Let's say no to domestic violence.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Teenage pregnancy in what sense? Most of the males that impregnate the teenage girls in Nigeria are either pampered kids or Muslims that practice under-age marriage. Tribalism does not even fit in this discussion. Tribalism manifests more in politics and religion that are headed by old people. When talking about spoilt kids, tribalism is not among the facts to be used. What you should be talking about is how kids contol themselves and act in the absence of parents, how kids respect elders and how kids get involved in juvenile delinquencies. Those are the areas to focus on when discussing spoilt kids. Not all these adult traits you are bringing up. You are just jumping from one thing to another. Nairaland's case is about cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is higher outside Africa, and even results in more suicide cases outside Africa.
Let's talk about it point by point.
1. Cyber bullying occurs ever minute on Nairaland. It is worse in Africa than the rest of the civilized world.
2. I brought up tribalism because you spoke about racism. They are the same thing. Both involve treating someone wrong because he comes from a different place. Nigerians are champions at that not Europeans. In fact in many parts of Europe, you could loss you job for posting a racist comment.
3. You blamed the Muslims for teenage pregnancy but the Muslims like you believe in beating their kids.
4. Mention on single way that an African trained child ends up better than a European brought up child.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:

Let's talk about it point by point.
1. Cyber bullying occurs ever minute on Nairaland. It is worse in Africa than the rest of the civilized world.
2. I brought up tribalism because you spoke about racism. They are the same thing. Both involve treating someone wrong because he comes from a different place. Nigerians are champions at that not Europeans. In fact in many parts of Europe, you could loss you job for posting a racist comment.
3. You blamed the Muslims for teenage pregnancy but the Muslims like you believe in beating their kids.
4. Mention on single way that an African trained child ends up better than a European brought up child.
Factual people know cyber bullying is more outside Africa.

I mentioned racism because you claim Europe is a better society. You made the claim to insinuate that the individuals there behave better.

I said most of the males that impregnate teenage girls are either pampered males or Muslim males that practice under-age marriage. You use your sentiment to read instead of using your brain. I did not say only Muslim males are guilty of it. Also, I did not say only pampered males and Muslim males do it.

As for the 4th point, I have already addressed it. Flogging is necessary but should have a limit. I have stayed in schools full of pampered kids. I have also stayed in schools full of kids that are not pampered. Most of the ones flogged behave well while few of them misbehave. Most of the ones not flogged misbehave while few of them behave well. I am not from a rich home but I luckily got a scholarship in an expensive university filled with pampered rich kids. Most of them misbehave. Most of them do silly things that kids in public primary schools will not do. There is uninterrupted running water in the toilets but some of them use the toilet without flushing it. Imagine someone above the age of 16 using a toilet and leaving it not flushed, not once but often. They use phones and laptops to watch films in class during lectures. There is steady power supply in the academic buildings and in hostels but they can distract lectures to charge their iPhones in class during lectures. They can leave a used plate or cup for days on a wash basin without washing it. They wake up around 5AM to do early-morning sports but go late to 9AM class or even miss the class. I will not mention all the things they do here. I will not mention what they do and say to lecturers, non-academic workers and hostel managers. When security officers or lecturers complain about their behaviour, the kids usually say something like "This is a university, you cannot tell me how to behave". When lectures head towards ethics and morals, they respond the way you do here. I am not sure but I suspect you are one of them. Only few of them behave well. They are intelligent and have good command of English but score so low in discipline. Only few of them express concern for their parents' reaction when they are tempted to misbehave or when they misbehave in the school. The rest always get suspended and the parents come to take them home with smile and hug.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by tctrills: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Factual people know cyber bullying is more outside Africa.

I mentioned racism because you claim Europe is a better society. You made the claim to insinuate that the individuals there behave better.

I said most of the males that impregnate teenage girls are either pampered males or Muslim males that practice under-age marriage. You use your sentiment to read instead of using your brain. I did not say only Muslim males are guilty of it. Also, I did not say only pampered males and Muslim males do it.

As for the 4th point, I have already addressed it. Flogging is necessary but should have a limit. I have stayed in schools full of pampered kids. I have also stayed in schools full of kids that are not pampered. Most of the ones flogged behave well while few of them misbehave. Most of the ones not flogged misbehave while few of them behave well. I am not from a rich home but I luckily got a scholarship in an expensive university filled with pampered rich kids. Most of them misbehave. Most of them do silly things that kids in public primary schools will not do. There is uninterrupted running water in the toilets but some of them use the toilet without flushing it. Imagine someone above the age of 16 using a toilet and leaving it not flushed, not once but often. They can leave a used plate or cup for days on a wash basin without washing it. They wake up around 5AM to do early-morning sports but go late to 9AM class or even miss the class. I will not mention all the things they do here. When security officers or lecturers complain about their behaviour, the kids usually say something like "This is a university, you cannot tell me how to behave". When lectures head towards ethics and morals, they respond the way you do here. I am not sure but I suspect you are one of them. Only few of them behave well. They are intelligent and have good command of English but score so low in discipline. Only few of them express concern for their parents' reaction when they are tempted to misbehave or when they misbehave in the school. The rest always get suspended and the parents come to take them home with smile and hug.
Cyber bullies are more in Africa. We have zero laws regulating such. You really need to do some research. Smart people make research before speaking.
Let me give you an example. Remember the video of the 10 year old having sex, if that were to be in Europe or America, many would have gone to jail for spreading child porn. But you Africans are only good at beating your kids and not protecting them.
Please be using Google before making any claim.
Most of what you say are not true.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law by immortalcrown(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:

Cyber bullies are more in Africa. We have zero laws regulating such. You really need to do some research. Smart people make research before speaking.
Let me give you an example. Remember the video of the 10 year old having sex, if that were to be in Europe or America, many would have gone to jail for spreading child porn. But you Africans are only good at beating your kids and not protecting them.
Please be using Google before making any claim.
Most of what you say are not true.
I do not need to keep on responding to you. Suite yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mo Salah Is Criticised By Muslim Fans For His Picture Of A Christmas Tree / Why Some Christians Dey Shine Teeth All The Time? / De-conversion Story: Confessions Of A Former Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.