Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,424 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station (4088 Views)

Shiroro Hydro Power Station To Increase Power Generation By 300MW / Solar Power Station / How To Build A Computer School And Profit In Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by member479760: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2011
keep it flowing, more states to join abeg!
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by mekaboy(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2011

NICE ONE BUT,

1. I DID NOT SEE THE TIME EXPECTED TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT.

2, IS PETER OBI GOING TO PAY FOR THIS PROJECT 100% SINCE HE WILL BE LEAVING NEXT YEAR.

3, IF NOT WILL THE NEXT GOVERNOR BE COMMITTED TO IT?

MOST GOVERNORS DIVE INTO MASSIVE PROJECTS BEFORE THEY LEAVE OFFICE, JUST TO MAKE AWAY WITH HUGE FUNDS AND LEAVE HE NEXT ADMINISTRATION IN DEPT. I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE GAME PLAN HERE.

Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by russellino: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2011
Amen! I pray this takes off. I never liked obi since he was the one that kicked my nigga, ngige out but this project will be best thing to happen to anambra state if it goes beyond the mere signing of MOU's
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by Reference(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2011
nakedall:

keep it flowing, more states to join abeg!

More states please so that Goliath can be hammered. Very soon any state that hasn't a power project going will be deserted. Good one for Anambra. Barges are not the final solution but it can trigger better and lasting solutions. The only thing I hope is that they allow that investor full control of his company with only carefully thought out public protection. If they can get through the challenges of PHCN and its distribution network it can be used as a tool to decongest Onitsha. Consider opening new industrial and commercial zones. The potential is huge. Wish them the best.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by hackney(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2011
I think nigerians have had enough about all this power plant gibberish.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by chino11(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

please this thread is for people of anambra or SOUTH EAST,
i think the people of  anambra including myself and SOUTH EAST has realize the need to develop our region instead of building MANSIONS in most part of ARMAJIRI ZONE and LAZY SOUTH WEST AREAS , NDI IGBO contributes 20% (if not 30 or 40%) of revenue in Lagos only,has the majority of infrastructures in Nigeria, use our MANPOWER to develop other people's states. This is the time to think twice

Yes my brother that is correct. Don't mind all this yorobah almajiris parading all over Nigeria with their begging plates trailing their northern almjiris
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by chino11(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2011
Anambra is fast developing into a major economic hub Nigeria will ever see
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
this is a good concept and i hope it comes to  fruition . anyway sha wen anambla take off make una no forget your yoruba bulodas  grin grin
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by ak47mann(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
grin grin mad thread
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
Another deception; Onitsha alone will consume the 260MW and still have large areas in darkness so how come they are saying Nnewi and other areas?
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by chino11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2011
otokx:

Another deception; Onitsha alone will consume the 260MW and still have large areas in darkness so how come they are saying Nnewi and other areas?

I think you are scientifically deficient. We are not talking about generating set, we are not talking about KVA, we are talking about Mega Watts power plant. You need to first and fore most know what is contained in Mega Watts. Do you know that 260MW has the capacity of powering entire Anambra state and the overlap can still sustain the adjoining states of the federation?? Make your research properly before you start making pointless comments.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by aribisala0(m): 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
delta state has a lot of money from derivation .maybe anamra should find a way to partner them and build another NIGER bridge. it's long overdue and if toll is collected will pay for itself before any other road in nigeria .the earlier the SE(and others )realise that salvation is local and not in Abuja the sooner it will realize its true potential .
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
@chino

Unless people do not stay in ANAMBRA state? 260MVA cannot power ONITSHA alone i repeat.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by aribisala0(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
interesting table. nigeria is almost last in per capita consumption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_electricity_consumptionsumption
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by Gbenge77(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
If each state would construct a power station of their own,electricity cuts would become a thing of the past.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
otokx:

@chino

Unless people do not stay in ANAMBRA state? 260MVA cannot power ONITSHA alone i repeat.
HOW MANY MEGA WATT IS NIGERIA AS A NATION USING PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH VERY WELL
ak47mann:

grin grin mad thread
JEALOUSY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by olyivy(f): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
if you be omo anambra and you biliv anything thingy coming out of Obi's mouth then you are a fool.

Didnt he make that kind of airport noise last year? Where is the airport now?

What about his refinery?

Brewery?

and so many other pre-election promises in 2002.

Abeg make una leave talk, dat guy na the more u look the less you see.

The other time we visited anambra, from onitsha head bridge, it became obvious that something is very wrong with that state.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by woonick: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
1 nuclear power plant can produce 5000 MW
I don't think we are serious about solving the power problem.
Even South Africa has a Nuclear Power plant
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by chino11(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
olyivy:

if you be omo anambra and you biliv anything thingy coming out of Obi's mouth then you are a fool.

Didnt he make that kind of airport noise last year? Where is the airport now?

What about his refinery?

Brewery?

and so many other pre-election promises in 2002.

Abeg make una leave talk, dat guy na the more u look the less you see.

The other time we visited anambra, from onitsha head bridge, it became obvious that something is very wrong with that state.

You are just being eaten up by jealousy. Am sure you envy Anambra and its people so much so that you want to become an Anambran. Mention your state of origin and your state gov so that we can actually draw a proper analysis of which state is upside down and which is doing great. Silly un-lettered fool
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by chino11(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
I live in Anambra, all the projects are ongoing, the Sabmiller is presently in Onitsha harbour constructing a gigantic greenfield brewery plant, the refinery is nearing completion, the world class cargo airport project is being executed by the Orient petroleum and Anambra state government. If you don't know Anambra is the economic hub of the SE and by the time other projects are completed, Anambra will be effectively competing with major cities in Africa and world at large. I will like you to tell us your state of origin. fool
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by houvest: 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2011
I just hope Obi is not playing politics. Please let this be true.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by aribisala0(m): 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2011
chino11:

You are just being eaten up by jealousy. Am sure you envy Anambra and its people so much so that you want to become an Anambran. Mention your state of origin and your state gov so that we can actually draw a proper analysis of which state is upside down and which is doing great. Silly un-lettered fool
guy what is wrong?
i am not from anambra but i feel free to go there and anywhere else in the world for pleasure or business . if you guys sort out the light i will move to onitsha. stop creating wars that don't exist .
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by pokur: 12:13am On Jul 29, 2011
Guys,i don't know where some of u get your facts,but Obi is not leaving next year.His tenure ends March 17 2014,get that straight.
@topic
A 260mw power plant is a good start for my state,but i would advise the state govt. to source for more investors as the proposed 260mw will not be enough for Onitsha alone when it comes onstream,talkless of the whole state.
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by ak47mann(m): 12:54am On Jul 29, 2011
onitsha needs more than 260 mega watts electrictiy to power the industries and hotels, banks and schools cool
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by jason123: 3:56am On Jul 29, 2011
Nice one!!!
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by Sagewood: 7:39am On Jul 29, 2011
Good plan!!!
Just the cost, it appears exorbitant!
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by wazobiang: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
oleee!
Re: Anambra To Build 260mw Power Station by ford705(m): 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
I love this, Finally it seems like Obi is working again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Wants To Become A Konga Affiliate And Start Making Money / Introducing Automatic Change Over Switch With Remote Control / Buy Cheaper Empty Rubber Drums In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.