Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu (1100 Views)

₦37.1bn Fraud: Why I Shunned EFCC's Invitation - Farouq / Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike / Runing Mate: Tinubu Meets APC Chairman, 11 Northern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by sharpden: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) has stated the reason why he opted for a running from his religion.

Mr Tinubu on Sunday announced Kashim Shettima, former Borno governor, as his running mate for next year’s presidential race.

In some quarters, analysts say the former Lagos governor was pressured into arriving at the conclusion termed politically suicidal by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). His followers in the North are said to have described as inferior the Islamic version he practices, hence the need for one of their own to deputise him.

Addressing newsmen in Daura, Katsina State, hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari, the ruling party’s chieftain explained that competence informed his decision on choosing the director-general of his campaign during the APC presidential primary.

He said the need to do away with religion from the political scene also informed his decision.

“I am mindful of the energetic discourse concerning the possible religion of my running mate. Just and noble people have talked to me about this,” Mr Tinubu said. “Some have counselled that I should select a Christian to please the Christian community. Other have said I should pick a Muslim to appeal to the Muslim community. Clearly, I cannot do both.

“May I say this to all of you, especially to those who will be disappointed in my selection based on religious considerations. I will not and cannot ignore the religious concerns and ethnic sensitivities of our people.

“Taking them into due consideration is an important part of good and able governance. But religion, ethnicity and region cannot always and fully determine our path.

“To forge ahead as a nation toward development and prosperity, we must break free of old binds. We must recalibrate our political calculations to where competence and fairness matter more than reductive demographics.

“I am aware that many will continue to focus on a particular detail, the question of his faith. However, if we truly understand the challenges upon us a nation, then we must also see the imperative of placing competence in governance above religious sentiment.

“In 1993, Nigerians embrace Chief MKO Abiola and a fellow Muslim running mate, Baba Gana Kingibe in one of our fairest elections ever held. The spirit of 1993 is upon us again in 2023.

“As such, the ticket we present today represents a milestone in our political history. It symbolizes our party’s determination to be a leading light among political parties in Africa,” he added.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-i-shunned-christians-picked-a-muslim-as-my-running-mate-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by PresidObi: 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu choice of running mate wasn't a big blunder, it was a clanger grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Fredmatic(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Christians are calm and lovley and you think you can just ride on them. You don't have any good reasons.

Your presidency is DEAD on arrival. Go and lick your wounds

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Evil party...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by SarkinYarki: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
God punish U

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by 666Advocate: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-i-shunned-christians-picked-a-muslim-as-my-running-mate-tinubu/

My Nigerian people are illiterate and will only vote for somebody which will destroy their future especially criminals
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Pandev(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by jkpbestseries: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
I hope your choice will not end in premium tears

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Moblux(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bosun Emmanuel was right about this with his outburst in 2013 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjEGfcZC74
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by buckeyemedia: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
PresidObi:
Tinubu choice of running mate wasn't a big blunder, it was a clanger grin
Ok because no competent Christians from Northern Nigeria?

His personal selfish ambition has put him in this hole, to destroy the demonic APC.

Jehovah is he that giveth power, & takes it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by OVB123: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sorry sir, we are already obidient and we are ready to vote labour party.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by PresidObi: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Ok because no competent Christians from Northern Nigeria?

I wonder o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by sosanova: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu goofed and fuucked big time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
OVB123:
Sorry sir, we are already obidient and we are ready to vote labour party.

Night talk empty vessel once you go to the police station they give you one biscuit you will vote for a criminal. I have even seen this with Nigerians in America and UK one biscuit is enough for the hungry dogs. Look around you and ask yourself which Nigerian can develop the country it will not happen in 1 billion years read my words
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by jmoore(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu with a fantastic masterstroke that leads to an own goal.
Let's pop the champagne!!

I was a bit worried when many were openly condemning speculations that Tinubu wanted Muslim-muslim ticket. I said to myself 'You guys should keep quiet na, why are you trying to give your opposition a good advice?'.

It's a good thing that Tinubu didn't listen to their criticism.

Many Northern Muslims don't see Yoruba Muslims as 'real Muslims'. That's why Tinubu chose a northern Muslim as a running mate to capture the votes of northern Muslims. He has convinced himself that Yoruba people are not bothered about Muslim-muslim ticket.

Tinubu only succeeded in scoring an own goal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Oilwell(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
Christians will now shun you and your Evil party.

Below is the balanced Choice

3 Likes

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Originakalokalo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
He has failed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Durabest: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
sharpden:

All i want is development and employment these religions things should divide us we are all equal before God.
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Originakalokalo:

He has failed.

I want you to look around yourself go on the streets look 360° in day time, go to go to any state in Nigeria and look 360 degrees around you now ask yourself which Nigerian can develop a country. All of us at the same piece of illiterate we do nothing only fool ourselves
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Oilwell:
Christians will now shun you and your Evil party.

Below is the balanced Choice

You are just wasting your time.
Your idea is very good but the truth of the Nigerians cannot wait for somebody to develop them they will only vote for somebody to destroy their future. We Nigerians in developed countries and abroad at the same thing we go and vote for people to destroy our future. Illiteracy is worse than a virus
Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by 9jalyte: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Let the game begin! Now, the mission is clearer, and I think we have all these while over-estimated Tinubu's intelligence. He allowed himself to be used and made a subject of historical scandal. First, they "dashed" him APC ticket is a very suspicious way, he didn't think deep. They further worsened his case by luring him into Muslim-Muslim ticket and he fell for it. Hmm, this desperation is nauseating.

In this election, we will now understand the power and number of Christians in Nigeria. Even Osibanjo, if he votes for this APC ticket, we will question his faith. This is not about who becomes president again, it is now Christian faith on Trial. This is the second Crusade in Nigeria, and the soldiers of faith will act.

Let the game begin.

1 Like

Re: Why I Shunned Christians, Picked A Muslim Running Mate – Tinubu by Mynd44: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022

(1)

Breaking; Tinubu Insulted Christianity By Hiring Bandits To Disguise As Bishops / Abuja Walk For PO / Throwback Tweet: Rinu Abused Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.