Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working (32040 Views)

PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. / Nigerian Oil Firm To Construct $.8m Schools In South Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working by Mywd: 6:41am On Jul 12, 2022
Hespee93:
Let me clear air on this matter as I can see error in this report.

As claim by student unio that Matrix Energy is trying to cover up the casualties.

The incident occoured on the 8th of July which started at 19:30hrs, mean while the staff and IT's that are within the depot ran towatds the jety to avoid the gas explosion from the loading truck hitting them because most people thought that the fire would would touch the two main gas storage tanks.

Many jumped into the river while some other ran far away from the depot on land.

As the time of press release on 9th Sartuday, no causalties was recorded as nobody was announced missing or dead. Even the truck driver that had injury during escape was declare okay and healthy.

It was Sunday morning that the security that do stay at the jety discover that something was floating on the river, he quickly raised the alerm anf the appriopraite personnel move down their.

3 bodies were recovered which include 1 IT and 2 staffs, among the staff was a formal IT who seek to stay and work after his completion of his IT December last year. The second staff was employed month ago.

The 3 of them drown as they were unable to swim when they jump into the lagoon and it was already dark, so nobody noticed or saw them, even the community boys were around with their speed boats and they helped to rescue thosethey saw in the lagoon to get out of the water.

I'm also currently doing my IT programme at MAtrix Energy, I left Warri for Sallahthe day the incident happend.

Please try to read through, cos I'm on able to correct errors.

Omorr that day me fear oo as sky turn yellow... I hear say aboki driver go dey hit batterry plug.. How true.. And how he no take die
Re: Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working by Hespee93: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Mywd:

Omorr that day me fear oo as sky turn yellow... I hear say aboki driver go dey hit batterry plug.. How true.. And how he no take die

It was a gas leakage from a loaded truck. The said driver ram under a moving truck but escape death.

He was the first person reported to be under critical condition.
Re: Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working by Dangerousboy(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Hespee93:

Bro, this is the most painful part, many were even saying that hr should have left with his colleagues when his IT ended, but I understand his reason why he choses to stay and work.
so sad. May his gentle soul Rest in peace
Re: Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working by od4life(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
Quite painful. RIP Sunny Bobo. Sunny was my neighbour as we live in same area. Very young and respectful chap. The entire area has been in a mournful mood since the news broke.
Re: Two PTI Students On I.T. Die From Fire At The Oil Firm Where They Were Working by Mywd: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hespee93:

It was a gas leakage from a loaded truck. The said driver ram under a moving truck but escape death.

He was the first person reported to be under critical condition.

Him body for don burn ehn.... Ah sha hear say ikenwoli full that night

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop One English Word Which Will Make People Check Their Dictionary / What Subject Made You Feel Like This When You Were In School? / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.