Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? (1141 Views)

Justwise Is Our Best Section Moderator Of 2023 / Justwise Pls Sir / JustWise Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Thinker01(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2022
I made a post yesterday seeking genuine advise on my plans on relocating to Nigeria with £80,000 only for my entire thread to be deleted.

My topic did not violate any rules so why delete it?

Justwise
Seun
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by dawnomike(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:
I made a post yesterday seeking genuine advise on my plans on relocating to Nigeria with £80,000 only for my entire thread to be deleted.

Justwise
Seun
Maybe the mods don't want you to consider relocating to Nigeria grin

7 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by justwise(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:

Justwise
Seun

You are exposing yourself, don’t do it here. If you worked for that money you will do thing quietly with less attention to yourself

7 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Thinker01(m): 10:41am On Jul 11, 2022
justwise:

You are exposing yourself, don’t do it here. If you worked for that money you will do thing quietly with less attention to yourself

Sorry but how is it your concern if I'm exposing myself? How does that violate Nairaland rules?

I inherited a property and sold it. That's my legitimate money. Wtf

6 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Thinker01(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2022
justwise:

Seun is this how your mods take down people's post because they are uncomfortable or perhaps jealous? I'm not understanding

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by worry357: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:

Seun is this how your mods take down people's post because they are uncomfortable or perhaps jealous? I'm not understanding

You are complaining that the moderator is trying to protect you from scammers that will eat your funds before you know it.
You do not sound like a very experienced person, you should give thanks that people are trying to help and protect you.

Otherwise, do not come back shouting that you have been scammed.

5 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Thinker01(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2022
worry357:

You are complaining that the moderator is trying to protect you from scammers that will eat your funds before you know it.
You do not sound like a very experienced person, you should give thanks that people are trying to help and protect you.

Otherwise, do not come back shouting that you have been scammed.

Then he should've removed the posts of those scammers (whom any reasonable person knows not to engage with) and not my entire thread.

We are adults here. This is ridiculous. Why didn't justwise simply remove those 1 or 2 spam comments?

2 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:

Sorry but how is it your concern if I'm exposing myself? How does that violate Nairaland rules?

I wouldn’t be bothered if you had posted in another section, so now you know how it concerns me?
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:

Feel free to pst it in general section

I got no time addressing other silly comments you made
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Thinker01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2022
justwise:

Feel free to pst it in general section

I got no time addressing other silly comments you made

Lol. Now I know your action was from a place of jealousy. May the Lord provide all your needs.
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thinker01:

Lol. Now I know your action was from a place of jealousy. May the Lord provide all your needs.

Jealousy you said? Dude while you are busy inheriting and selling what someone worked for…I worked and bought my own house here . I’m not a free loader like yourself

9 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by SparkleSix: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2022
justwise:

Jealousy you said? Dude while you are busy inheriting and selling what someone worked for…I worked and bought my own house here . I’m not a free loader like yourself

There shall be no peace. grin Let there be Vawulence

2 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
justwise:

I wouldn’t be bothered if you had posted in another section, so now you know how it concerns me?

You should have moved it to the right section or inform him. Sometimes others post threads in the wrong section.

2 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
Studymore123:

You should have moved it to the right section or inform him. Sometimes others post threads in the wrong section.

The point is about moving it to other section
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by BunmiBie: 3:24am On Jul 12, 2022
Nahwah o
Some people hate to be corrected sha.
Abi nah ego dey worry dem?
I do not also understand the hate on justwise. He is a moderator, which means he has the right to do certain things.
If you are also a moderator you could do more than him.
It's well

1 Like

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Lexusgs430: 4:19am On Jul 12, 2022
justwise:

Wow ...... Below the belt, above the belt & knockout to the head ............. grin

3 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Thinker01:

Thinker1, you are not thinking at all.

This is a public forum, mind what you post in a place like this. The rate of kidnapping and armed robbery is high, keep it low.

All I see in your post is show off nothing more.

Before you tag me as being jealous, what makes you think you are better of than Justwise? You just assume you are richer than everyone?

Be matured and thankful to Justwise for trying to keep you protected.

Think
Think
Think

4 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by semmyk(m): 8:09am On Jul 12, 2022
When I saw that post (b4 it was pulled down), I kinda developed goosebumps: I didn't comment on it. I guess my instinct was right afterall. It was somewhat 'too much details' and overly #exposing.
Well, we all have different levels of 'public comfort'
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Saynoomore: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2022
I saw the post, and made a comment warning the OP about the risks he was exposing himself to, as well as the current precarious situation of the country .

Immediately after I made my comment on that post, my instincts told me Justwise will either sensor my post or pull down the entire thread. He didn't dissapoint!

Well, in my opinion, I think while the OP has the right to seek opinion on investing in Nigeria, the moderators also have the responsibility of protecting forum members in anyway they possible can - which include sensoring any sensitive detial(s) inadvertently posted by any forum member.

I think both parties are correct on this matter. Perhaps a subtle mail to the op (from justwise) or a Caveat that, the Forum will not be held liable for any fraud suffered by any forum member arising from the disclosures of personal details which should have been otherwise held or treated as confidential, or any transactions initiated or conducted outside this forum.

The OP, indeed exposed himself to risk. What if he made contats with some individuals who were already wooing his patronage by dropping phone numbers claiming to be estate agents, investment managers etc..and later got defrauded? The OP is most likely to cry blue murder and malign nairaland as a den of fraudsters.

So, Op abeg no vex! Na the situation of we country cause am o! ...and please do not attempt contacting anyone you have not verified the authenticity of their claims. Justwise should also try to apply some little diplomacy in dealing with forum members.

My 2 cents#

3 Likes

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by seguntravels009(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2022
I think the OP should calm down and understand that the moderator is trying to protect him from scammers.

1 Like

Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
OP kidnapping is real..pls pls and pls.
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by Samueltemi337(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thinker01:

Justwise
Seun
justwise nor wise
he would be the first mod I will sack when I buy nairaland
Re: Justwise, Why Was My Thread Deleted? by seunny4lif(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thinker01:

Justwise
Seun
Either the Mods are protecting you from scammers or the Mods are protecting Nairalanders from be scammed by you .
It’s both way especially when you wrote the amount.
Maybe you should rewrite it without typing the amount.
Can’t blame the mod oooh

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hungary /croatia Spouse Visit Visa / Live In Manchester? I'm Headed That Way On The 8th Of Next Month / Pls Any Nairalander In Germany?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.