Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Line Between True Support And Extremism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Line Between True Support And Extremism (407 Views)

2023: Tinubu Is Counting On Violence And Extremism To Win / U.S. Laments Govt’s Inaction On Religious Extremism, Considers Special Envoy / Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Line Between True Support And Extremism by Truthsoldier(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Good day nairalanders

One of the things I by the grace of God has said is that I will try to say the truth,no matter whose ox is gored,and in this case I want to say something on I am going to try to be pointed.

I have tried making a post on this issue sometime ago,and I think I need to make another on this topic as occasion demands.

The upcoming elections in this country is going to be one of the most decisive elections that will ever be had in this nation of ours come 2023 as it was in 1993,but the way we are going about it in some quarters is going to make it look as if it is a thing of war.

Funny enough it looks like this game for the most prestigious seat of government in this nation is between the three major contenders from the three major ethnic groups in the country.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu from the West with Kashim Shettima a former governor of Borno state as his running mate and from the ruling APC government, both Muslims.

Atiku Abubakar from the North,from the Fulani extraction, a former vice president a Muslim with his Christian running mate from the South south geopolitical zone by the name of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa,governor of Delta state,both from the PDP

Mr Peter Gregory Obi from the East,an Igbo extraction, a former governor of Anambra state,a Christian,with his running mate by the name of Datti Baba-Ahmed a Muslim from the North and from the Labour party.

The interesting thing about this is how the followers both online and on ground or onsite has been going about in the expression of support for their candidates, I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to support any candidate of their choice whether they are from amongst the three major contenders or from the sixteen others.

There is a difference in showing love and extremism,the truth is that the way most of these so-called supporters go about in expressing their love for their candidates looks extreme,and even ridiculous and it puts their candidate in bad light.

If I am in support of BAT,Atiku or Peter Obi that should not make me to behave irrationally or be a blind follower,no,that should not make me to start looting,and threatening peoples lives because they are not in support of my man,that also would not be a reason in creating threads to manipulate peoples hearts and incite hate......

Typing....
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by Jking20(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nice one bro, you hit the point.
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by psucc(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
The truth is that most of those displaying the hardline attitude or extremism are not genuinely working for the interest if the group. Most times, they are being "paid" to carry on such acts by someone who is "big" enough to shield or protect them from the arms of the law.

Sadly, this group is peopled by the youths whose future is at stake.
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by naija4life247: 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
Anybody be it Flattino or an unfortunate Oduduwa son who brings trouble will get double in return. Yorubas are always ready for any idiot especially flat headed idiots for that matter.
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by Truthsoldier(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
...This should not be the reason why I will be searching and digging into peoples privacy in order to get a fault,and if I couldn't find one I then resort in creating one. That I am in support of one candidate and not in support of another should not make me use it as to create a religious propaganda in order to cause religious tension and to tarnish another man's image,I know most people would call it politics but that's nonsense.

That I am not in support of your candidate should not be a reason why you should be making inciting statements calling it prophecy.The truth of the matter is that we are still far from learning our lessons,both the religious institutions, and the other bodies has further fueled the issues making it look like war,is this the way that we want to birth the New Nigeria?

You said that your candidate is good,yet he gives you paltry sum of 5k to go and destroy properties and you willingly go for it,he gives you 8k and that is just two thousand naira for the four years in office and you gladly accept it,calling it love and can even go to the point of burning houses and molesting people not in support of your candidate just for that meagre sum..

Typing...
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by Truthsoldier(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
.....I believe everyone is entitled to vote anybody, Nigeria is not a property of any man,Nigeria is not Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo or any other tribe,Nigeria is me and you.
Nigeria is not a Muslim state or a Christian state,Nigeria is a secular state,where everyone is entitled to his or her faith or religion without attacking that of others.

If you are to market your candidate respect the faith,the beliefs,the choice and privacy of others,let's only make constructive criticisms,not some of the 'battles' we do here on nairaland and the social media.

Focus on the very core things that affects us generally as a nation and fight for that at the polls,by casting your votes,give your votes to someone that his or her vision carries a national picture, a person whose antecedence has a repute.

Enough of this show of extremism.
Show love for your candidate but respect that of others,and note also that the way you go about marketing your candidate can demarket him or her.

Let's be wise
2023 would be fine.

My humble submission.
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by Viscuz: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
psucc:
The truth is that most of those displaying the hardline attitude or extremism are not genuinely working for the interest if the group. Most times, they are being "paid" to carry on such acts by someone who is "big" enough to shield or protect them from the arms of the law.

Sadly, this group is peopled by the youths whose future is at stake.

Say no more see this pic below

Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by MetaPhysical: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Good day nairalanders

One of the things I by the grace of God has said is that I will try to say the truth,no matter whose ox is gored,and in this case I want to say something on I am going to try to be pointed.

I have tried making a post on this issue sometime ago,and I think I need to make another on this topic as occasion demands.

The upcoming elections in this country is going to be one of the most decisive elections that will ever be had in this nation of ours come 2023 as it was in 1993,but the way we are going about it in some quarters is going to make it look as if it is a thing of war.

Funny enough it looks like this game for the most prestigious seat of government in this nation is between the three major contenders from the three major ethnic groups in the country.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu from the West with Kashim Shettima a former governor of Borno state as his running mate and from the ruling APC government, both Muslims.

Atiku Abubakar from the North,from the Fulani extraction, a former vice president a Muslim with his Christian running mate from the South south geopolitical zone by the name of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa,governor of Delta state,both from the PDP

Mr Peter Gregory Obi from the East,an Igbo extraction, a former governor of Anambra state,a Christian,with his running mate by the name of Datti Baba-Ahmed a Muslim from the North and from the Labour party.

The interesting thing about this is how the followers both online and on ground or onsite has been going about in the expression of support for their candidates, I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to support any candidate of their choice whether they are from amongst the three major contenders or from the sixteen others.

There is a difference in showing love and extremism,the truth is that the way most of these so-called supporters go about in expressing their love for their candidates looks extreme,and even ridiculous and it puts their candidate in bad light.

If I am in support of BAT,Atiku or Peter Obi that should not make me to behave irrationally or be a blind follower,no,that should not make me to start looting,and threatening peoples lives because they are not in support of my man,that also would not be a reason in creating threads to manipulate peoples hearts and incite hate......

Typing....

OP,
I like your post, very sensible and I hope people heed your admonition.

Correction for bolded part....
Peter Obi, of PDP, and his Vice Datti Baba-Ahmed, also of PDP, both representing Labor Party.
Re: The Line Between True Support And Extremism by smile11s(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu And Kashim Shetima On Their Way To Osun-photo / Breaking News!!! Ndoki Leaders Confirm They Are Ijaws!!! / Moment Davido's Uncle, Ademola Adeleke Was Declared Winner Of Osun Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.