Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud (6360 Views)

Be A Landlord In Abuja: Land For Sale @ Ipent 5 Extension Estate,lokogoma,abuja: / Stubborn Tenants Refuse To Leave And Don't Pay Rent! / Help! Abuja Land - How To Verify? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by hakir(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
hi nairalanders,

lot of people has had problem getting genuine land in abuja.

there are 3 categories of land in abuja

1. FCDA(federal capital development authority) land

2. AMAC(abuja municipal area council) land

3. MASS HOUSING land

fcda and mass housing lands are easier to deal with, it is located within PHASE 1, 2, 3 AND 4 of abuja.

you can easily confirm from AGIS (abuja geographic information system) in the form of search, cos that

is the origin of the allocation, there is proper documentation. the districts infrastructure is certain to be executed by FCDA.

you can easily get a development approval from DEVELOPMENT CONTROL DEPARTMENT.

AMAC lands are quit complicated, the FCT administration in 2004 under mallam el-rufai administration harmonised all land

within abuja FCT, under the jurisdiction of 2 authorities  AGIS & DEVELOPMENT CONTROL. the earlier allocates and latter

approves design for construction. before now, AMAC  and other AREA COUNCILS do have their individual authorities to

allocate and approve designs. so most of the AREA COUNCILS  do back date allocation and design approval which is illegal

by FCT  standard today.

area like lugbe should be avoided now cos it is undergoing layout re-design by development control.

NOTE OF WARNING:

DO FIND OUT ABOUT AN AREA AT DEVELOPMENT CONTROL & AGIS BEFORE PURCHASE, AND WERE AREA COUNCIL LANDS ARE INVOLVE, YOU MAY NEED TO DO FURTHER SERACH AT THE AREA COUNSILS (THOUGH NO MORE OFFICIAL SEARCH IN AREA COUNCIL BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR WAY AROUND INTERNALLY)

hakir
onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by biolabee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
nice one hakir,
how life
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Natudu: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2011
Hakir,
Karu is under which control?
Abeg, how does one start to chart a new plot in Karu? Where do i start?

Nat
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by hakir(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2011
@Nat
karu is under abuja municipal area council (AMAC) and i dont really get the charting u are talking of. but if it is beaconing, you can go to amac @ area 10 garki, there are surveyors in amac with the layout and datas of the plot.
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Natudu: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2011
Ok. Thanks, Hakir.
I just don't know much about this AMAC and FCDA things. I hope they don't wake up tomorrow and put it under another body.
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Benz123: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
Nice one Hakir, do you know anything about the demolition that took place at Lokogoma last week. I own a plot there and I need to know precisely what the situation is
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by hakir(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ Nat
AMAC & FCDA - i will use lagos senerio as an example. we have local government and state government. ikeja is a local government as well as the state capital. what ikeja is to lagos state is what AMAC is to abuja e.g ikeja local govt, epe local govt, ojo local govt etc and that of abuja is abuja municipal area council (AMAC), kuje area council, bwari area council etc.

FCDA is the state symbol of abuja.

@ Ben

am not aware of the demolision at lokongoma recently, but the last demolision that went on was as a result of developer's cutting corner, utilising area meant for commercial for residential
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Natudu: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2011
Hakir,
Thanks for the info.
You've got your ears to the ground. Do you have an update on the infastructural development in Jahi? What is the average price of a 1000sq. m C of O plot out there?

Nat
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by hakir(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2011
@ nat

the infrastructure @ jahi district is still ongoing, 1000m2 c of o goes for an average of 18m. the jahi value is still raising and it is a wise investment to invest in it today before it climb's to an optimum value.
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Natudu: 11:30am On Jul 29, 2011
Thanks Hakir. I appreciate it. Infact, i got into Jahi early enough and i am waiting for the right time to dispose of a plot at ''optimum'' price!
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by osy77(m): 6:11am On Jun 22, 2013
This thread is a misleading account of land acquisition in the Area comprising the Federal Capital Territory...
1. Abuja is not a state as such Amac cannot be likened to a local Government Area of a state.

2. Ther are no rural lands in the area comprising the Federal Capital Territory as all lands in the FCT are designated Urban as such Area Councils lacks the statutory powers of allocation. See sec 297 of the 1999constitution
3. It is totally erroneous to believe that lands in the area allegedly under the jurisdiction of Amac are valid titles..thats a no no..
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by id4sho(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2018
hakir:
@Nat
karu is under abuja municipal area council (AMAC) and i dont really get the charting u are talking of. but if it is beaconing, you can go to amac @ area 10 garki, there are surveyors in amac with the layout and datas of the plot.
can a beacon number be used to track plot number and possibly file number at AGIS
Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by Asquare84(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
no area council have power to allocate land in abuja many have bought land from area council and there houses demolish by FCDA,

buying land from traditional ruler is even worst

you can follow the right channel which is FCDA, with approval of the minister of FCT, (he is acting on behalf of president)

getting a genuine land in abuja through FCDA is like a camel passing through the eyes of a needle

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Abuja Land System And Don't Fall Prey Of Fraud by hakir(m): 1:22am On Feb 15, 2019
id4sho:

can a beacon number be used to track plot number and possibly file number at AGIS

Not that I know of. Beacon number has never being used on a reverse note to my knowledge, but it is worth trying at AGIS one may just be surprised

(1) (Reply)

My 2 Units Of 2 Bedrooms In Abeokuta. / Five Oaks Residences (off Eleko Road, Adjacent Amen Estate 1) Buy And Build. / Need Land In Okun Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.