Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili (26698 Views)

Nigeria Struggling To Find Oil Buyers For 30 Cargoes / Shettima: Nigeria Needs Abacha’s Hospitality, Buhari’s Commitment / Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by akanbiaa(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
kponkedenge:

I'm sure you won't be asking this question if it was Peter Obi and suspected IPOB members.
Please who is peter obi is he a medicine store seller and what is IPOB?

Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by buckeyemedia: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
Nigerians wake up! Get your PVC, let's kick these old ancestors and terrorist out!!

No doubt, at this juncture I'll urge peter Obi to start preparing his inugration speech now. He is the next president of Nigeria come 2023!

This I have seen!

Inshallah
Who will vote for Peter Obi, Yoruba or Hausa?

If he likes, let him not return to pdp, he should just hand the Federal Government to APC to continue.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by ChoCho54(f): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2022
ajumma:

Tinubu "A Muslim" have been living peacefully with his wife (A Pastor) for many years...is far far tolerant and a unifier than a Catholic that don't go to the protestant churches , or even a Winners member that have never attended a deeper life , Anglican , Cele Church etc.,..
How many General overseers attended T.B Joshua's burial
How many GOs have visited Owo after the terrorist attack ?

Let's be Objective Muslim- Muslim ticket is not against the constitution , it is all over the regions both south and North we have either Muslim -Muslim , Christian-Christian, Christain-Muslim, Muslim-Christain leaders at all levels both private and Public sectors.

Infact most offices both public and private sectors are dominated by Christians, those saying christians are marginalised in any way are not sincere....Even Dangote , a Northerner and a Muslim , His companies are dominated by Christians .....

The simple reason why Nigeria is underdeveloped and getting worst is simply because of "HYPOCRISY"
Stop regurgitating all over the place please. Don't you have something else to say than this plagiarized jargons?
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by robosky02(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
Quest7777:
Buhari's 8yrs of Tribal & Religious bigotry destroyed any iota of unity, fairness & equity that existed in this geographical contraption called Nigeria.
He clearly displayed bias towards his tribesmen in handling national issues. Reason why the APC Muslim-Muslim ticket has become a matter of great controversy.
No matter how much people try to sugar-coat it, that M-M ticket will further divide the country along religious lines & heighten the religious tensions & killings in the country.
But the bat doesn't care because his na-my-turn desperado ambition is worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.

My dear
This M-M ticket they are trying to sell will not work

Nigerians are Kore wiser now
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Didijiji: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I don't understand your first statement to the question, " Must you vote APC?"

You wrote 'We must and shouldn't..." Are you stammering or confused?
We must not and have no reason to vote the most useless party in Africa... Why will any sane Nigerian vote for APC at the center? Security or Economy or Infrastructure?

YOU GUYS ARE PUSHING NIGERIANS TO THE WALL OOOOO

Retract now there is time
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Mikishow(m): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
I tire ooo
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Okoroawusa: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
Didijiji:
We must not and have no reason to vote the most useless party in Africa... Why will any sane Nigerian vote for APC at the center? Security or Economy or Infrastructure?

YOU GUYS ARE PUSHING NIGERIANS TO THE WALL OOOOO

Retract now there is time
Haba! Oga, we are both saying the same thing... Don't Vote For APC!!
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Didijiji: 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Haba! Oga, we are both saying the same thing... Don't Vote For APC!!
Yes na. Only animals will vote APC. My worry is rigging...They are desperately wicked and will do anything to keep power. They may not be as gentle manly as Jonathan was

Like i said, we are ready. Enough of the nonsense
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by JoeNL22(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
ghettokid1:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/11/tinubu-shettima-nigeria-struggling-to-be-a-country-ezekwesili/
We the youths and Christians of this great country Will remain obedient and Yus-ful in wasting our votes on peter obi and Yusuf. And we refuse to allow BAT things like Jagabanits to run and rule the affairs of this great nation.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by sotall(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
2loadedguy:

Pls speak for yourself, whether Muslim Muslim or Muslim pagan. I am a Yoruba christian and my vote is for Asiwaju anytime anyday.
So are other yoruba Christians thinking, we won't leave our son and vote and Atiku or obi when we are not jazzed.
Shattap.

Call for prayers will soon be heard. Be fast and locate the nearest mosque
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Sholaco: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Matters keep on arising from every angle in Nigeria over Muslim -muslim vice president.

Such a disastrous choice by Tinubu will eventually lead to his downfall come 2023 tongue.
you all wailing didn't vote APC in the last general election.... cheesy
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Onyipk: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jesuschristus:
If OBi is nt a Christian bigot he would have married a Muslim like Tinubu and Atiku did,and even have Muslim children.

We the northern Muslims will therefore vote for Peter obi only if he can divorce his Christian wife and marry hijab wearing ,Head slamming, muslim.

But if it were Peter Obi's supporters who just write what you wrote above about the presidential candidate you support , you will stylishly like the devil say they are inciting violence and are abusive BUT we have seen through all of you una tactics no reach.

I remain absolutely:
#ObidientandYusful
#Isaiah1:18
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by redcliff: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jesuschristus:
If OBi is nt a Christian bigot he would have married a Muslim like Tinubu and Atiku did,and even have Muslim children.

We the northern Muslims will therefore vote for Peter obi only if he can divorce his Christian wife and marry hijab wearing ,Head slamming, muslim.

Who the furck cares about your criteria? Abeg geddifok comot for here abeg.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by mrvictornews: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
ebenholer2 post=114639894:
You all joined hands in voting the bigots in government into power.

However, your analysis may not be completely right. Tinubu married his wife even before he joined politics and that is the only wife he has despite people luring him to marry a Muslim woman as second wife. It is Atiku that is deceitful who goes ahead marrying all tribes in the name of politics.
Please understand this, Tinubu is never a religious bigot cos he has couple of time attended RCCG redeem camp program but later stopped due to incessant uproars from religious fanatics. Despite that he still supported in cash each they hold programs. All these do not make him a saint, he might have done many things wrong yet he is the visible available option before us as southerners cos most religious bigots who have much voting power will never vote Peter Obi who is the best option available now.

I stopped reading from here......@ the bolded
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
Coolsperm:
. All this members of YMP (Yoruba Muslims pigs) self, just be saying rubbish

Even when education is free he ddnt even acquire half nursery
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by shinealight(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
sotall:

When did i mention Atiku and Kwankwaso in this discussion?

How did Atiku and Kwankwaso being on the 2023 ballot benefit me? Did i tell you i am from the North?
Are there no other presidential aspirant from the south to support?

That’s precisely the point….you didn’t mention the ongoing attempt by Atiku and Kwankwaso to promote supremacy of the North in our polity. You see Nothing wrong in that!
Yet, you have suddenly realised that you have a voice to talk about Tinubu’s action being capable of “destroying Nigeria”.
If you must speak, then speak against ALL issues in the polity that are capable of destroying Nigeria...in a fair and balanced assessment! undecided undecided

Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Duokc: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jesuschristus:

Out of points and common sense..
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by sotall(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
shinealight:

That’s precisely the point….you didn’t mention the ongoing attempt by Atiku and Kwankwaso to promote supremacy of the North in our polity. You see Nothing wrong in that!
Yet, you have suddenly realised that you have a voice to talk about Tinubu’s action being capable of “destroying Nigeria”.
If you must speak, then speak against ALL issues in the polity that are capable of destroying Nigeria...in a fair and balanced assessment! undecided undecided

Who first mentioned certain groups as having a mission of destroying Nigeria?

Were you not the one?

You should have taken your advice by mentioning everything instead of allowing your hatred for igbos overwhelm your brain.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 12, 2022
In future if we v a Christian-Christian ticket, will Muslims be comfortable? Either northern Muslims or southern Muslims.
If we v such agreement, no problem. Cos in future, we ll see more alliance of Muslim-Muslim, Christian-Christian or any religion.
It's the tolerance level and accommodation that matters. So...
If Muslim-Muslim is being sold now, they should remember the reverse may be the case in another time. Let no MURIC come and cry that it's Christianisation.
We should be fair to represent all religion/fate just as our constitution permit.

Desperation made Tinubu to field Shettima. He's on a run of win at all cost.
I m a Yoruba man, a bonafide one. By default, I should pitch tent with him. Especially when the election is looking like a contest btw Hausa man (Atiku), Yoruba man (Tinubu) and Ibo man (Obi).
But I m reserving my vote till the day of election.
However, with the way religion is being polarised in Nigeria especially the north where some people feel their lives are important than others: i.e, the killing of Sarah Yakubu in the name of blasphemy. A sane Christian ll consider his/her options.
Decisions of today can reshape the future.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by shinealight(m): 5:31am On Jul 12, 2022
sotall:

Were you not the one?

You should have taken your advice by mentioning everything instead of allowing your hatred for igbos overwhelm your brain.

sotall:

You warped reasoning is able to detect that IPOB and Biafra wants to see to the destruction of Nigeria but you didn't see that APC and Tinubu religious bigotry is capable of destroying Nigeria before the end of 2023.

Is the above post in bold not from you….to which I responded? Now you know who first mentioned the issue of “destroying Nigeria”.
Talking of brain, you should take yours for some dry-cleaning at your earliest opportunity ….before it completely atrophies!! shocked shocked
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by shinealight(m): 5:45am On Jul 12, 2022
sotall:

Were you not the one?

sotall:

You warped reasoning is able to detect that IPOB and Biafra wants to see to the destruction of Nigeria but you didn't see that APC and Tinubu religious bigotry is capable of destroying Nigeria before the end of 2023.

Is the above post in bold not from you….to which I responded? Now you know who first mentioned the issue of “destroying Nigeria”.
Talking of brain, you should take yours for some dry-cleaning at your earliest opportunity ….before it completely atrophies!! shocked shocked
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by jamace(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2022
PreacherMan007:
Ashiwaju/Shetimma 2023

Ashishe 2023 grin
*NIGERIANS MUST NOT FORGET �*

Sen Kashim Shettima atrocities with Bokoharam and secret plans..... �

On the morning of December 25th, 2011, as worshippers gathered for Christmas prayers inside St Theresa Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State, a bomb exploded killing 37 worshippers. Nigerians were horrified.
"Who could have done this?" was the question on everyone's lips. Goodluck Jonathan, the go-to culprit for everything wrong with Nigeria was not only blamed but cursed generously. He managed a vow to bring the culprit/s to justice.

In no time, the man in the picture below, Kabiru Umar Abubakar Dikko, AKA Kabiru Sokoto was identified as the mastermind of the horrendous bombing. Security agents under strict instructions from President Jonathan went crazy looking for him and his Boko Haram cell in Abaji was discovered. But despite infiltrating the cell, the terrorist was no where to be found. Intel would later lead to the Asokoro lodge of Kashim Shettima, then the governor of Borno state and lo and behold that was where the murderer was found and arrested. Under interrogation, he revealed more info and was taken for a search of his premises at Abaji under the command of Policeman Zakari Biu.

Now Biu is an interesting character who alongside the likes of Hamza Mustapha, Sgt. Rogas and Paul Okuntimo did Abacha's sordid jobs. It was he who slapped the journalist, Chris Ayanwu almost blinding her in one eye for publishing an "embarrassing story" about Abacha. Ms. Ayanwu would later drag him to the Oputa Panel where he showed absolutely no remorse but instead laughed it off, even cracking jokes! Rev. Father Kukah and Justice Oputa would, in an obscene gesture that seemed like a profane appropriation of divine will ask Anyawu to "forgive and forget," hug the man and "let bygones be bygones," a stunt Wole Soyinka would capture in a scathing article on Tell magazine. But the unforgiving Olusegun Obasanjo, like he did to all the lunatics of the Abacha era would retire the policeman immediately. How Zakari Biu sneaked back into the NPF under President Yar'Adua remained unnoticed until he was implicated in the escape of Kabiru Sokoto.

Just hours after Kaburi Sokoto was taken for a search his home in Abaji under the command of Biu news came that the terrorist had escaped custody on their way to Abaji. A livid Jonathan quickly got Zakari Biu and everyone involved arrested and ordered for Sokoto to be produced by whatever means. Another set of state security agents would later track him to Biu village where after a heavy shootout between his men and security agents, he was arrested and under tight security transported to Abuja and charged to court. On December 21, 2013 he was handed a life sentence by a judge who remarked that the terrorist showed zero remorse for the murders he committed.

Why was Kabiru Sokoto hiding in the Borno State Governor's Lodge, Asokoro?

Why was Kashim Shettima vehemently opposed to the security directives issued by President Jonathan with respect to the Boko Haram crisis such that it culminated in the Chibok tragedy, and even after Jonathan lost in 2015, he was still so bitter about the former president's handling of the terror group that during his swearing in as a 2nd term governor of Bornu state on May 29, 2015, he said Jonathan's was a "hostile Federal Government..which also saw the insurgency from the most perverted, narrow and irresponsible prism.."?

Why was Shettima insistent on amnesty for Boko Haram even 3 yrs after the presiding judge in the Kabiru Sokoto case clearly said Sokoto did not show any remorse in the course of his trial?

We will keep retelling these stories for the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with our immediate history, even if only to serve as sign posts on their walk towards the next polls, and to those who have mischievously chosen to forget, so that by tomorrow when posterity sees the Nigeria our generation bequeathed to them, they will know where we each stood when it mattered and in the words of Pius Adesanmi, that "not all of us choose to be slaves."
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Nowyouknowbest: 7:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Any right thinking politician should know the sensitivity of religion in the context of the state called Nigeria, and of course at a period as crucial as now, that the state Nigeria is suffering from almost never seen before agitations and divisiveness especially for the under 40's, I make bold to say Nigeria after the civil war has never been this divided that a people do not feel a part of the state Nigeria. Talk to Nigerians on what you have to offer them, Elaborate reasons they should vote for you. Just as a Christian/Christain presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate is insensitive so is a Muslim/Muslim presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate insensitive. While the choice of a running mate is solely a choice for the candidate of a party, election victory is solely the choice of the electorate.
My 2kobo #nowyouknowbest[i][/i]
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by ajumma(m): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2022
ChoCho54:
Stop regurgitating all over the place please. Don't you have something else to say than this plagiarized jargons?

Am commissioned here for people like you.

When Buhari picked Osinbajo, a Christian and Pastor as vice, Bishop Oyedepo, Rev Kukah, CAN and several church leaders supported Alhaji Atiku Abubakar publicly without shame.

What changed now about religion
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by Ebeano49(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu did not even bother to pick a moderate Muslim. It is a plain truth today that Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are the reasons for the rampant insecurity in the land. Shettima is credibly accused of being the brain behind BH. Tinubu himself vociferously defended Fulani Herdsmen when they killed Adefarati's daughter by his now infamous "where are the cows" declaration.

How can any sane Nigerian believe that these two will take Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsman seriously?
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by truthfinder319: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Even if he chose you, you and your type will still not vote for him.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by sotall(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2022
shinealight:

Check your post i replied to and stop acting like a child with Down syndrome
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by ajumma(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

You are not worth mentioning

Peter Obi aka Obi Pandora redesigned Hero larger beer with Biafra flag
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by JOemmy(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2022
Jesuschristus:

Igbos never gave such conditions before they voted for yaradua. In the history of nigeria there has never been any time ur fulani north voted for an igbo person ur bigotry is just too much.
Re: Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili by JOemmy(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2022
kingbee90:
Madam I got your message but you still need to apologize to Nigerians for being STUPID in 2015 by supporting this jihadi government through BRING BACK OUR GIRLS campaign to remove Jonathan from power.
The same chibok girls that Shettima & Boko Haram kidnapped inorder to frame Jonathan.
How could you be SO STUPID? HOW COULD YOU?

Don't blame her she was obviously protesting innocently not knowing that the apc who are the real achitect of the problem have their own hidden jihadist agenda.

I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty / Police Helicopter Threatening My Life- Fayose

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75