Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,561 members, 7,865,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections (191 Views)

Nigerians Laud Tinubu For Appointing Tunji-Ojo As Minister Of Interior / Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting / Governors Laud Tinubu For Refurbishing Arewa House Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections by Azeemokoya: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
The All Progressives Congress, APC, Governors’ Forum has applauded its presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu for picking Borno Senator, Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

The forum described the Tinubu/Shettima ticket as a formidable team.

The governors disclosed this after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Daura, Katsina State, on Monday, July 11.

Addressing journalists after the meeting, the Chairman of the APC Governors Forum and Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu, said the Tinubu–Shettima ticket would ensure victory for the party during the 2023 presidential election.

“We are quite pleased that this formidable team of Tinubu and Shettima will usher in a new Nigeria in 2023.

“Kashim Shettima is one of Nigeria’s finest who will bring his wealth of experience to bear in the governance of the nation.

“Nigerians should be convinced that this is about the best team from the party for the 2023 general elections,” he said.

Tinubu, who is a Muslim from the Southwest had picked Shettima a Muslim from the north.

Shettima’s choice has generated controversy in the nation’s political discourse.

Some Nigerians are of the opinion that Tinubu should have Christian as his running mate.

In a 35-paragraph statement released on Sunday, July 10, Tinubu said that the spirit of 1993 was now upon Nigeria in reference to the Muslim-Muslim ticket of Chief MKO Abiola and Alhaji Babagana Kingibe.

He said; “I am mindful of the energetic discourse concerning the possible religion of my running mate. Just and noble people have talked to me about this. Some have counselled that I should select a Christian to please the Christian community. Others have said I should pick a Muslim to appeal to the Muslim community. Clearly, I cannot do both.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/apc-govs-laud-tinubu-shettima-ticket-ahead-of-2023-elections/

Re: APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections by ayoolataiwo(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2022
Do they've any other option,but it should've be an inclusive governance,given a northerner Christian the VP ticket will ve been the best choice

Re: APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections by Xscape1993(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
Evil party.....
Re: APC Govs Laud Tinubu-shettima Ticket Ahead Of 2023 Elections by Olaoluwa122: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
Islamic and terrorist party...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Correctional Service: The Wages Of Neglect-By Owolabi Alani / Its Been Tough. I Am Eager To Leave- President Buhari / Lasun Yussuff 5 Point Agenda For People Of Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.