Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet (21511 Views)

NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics) / Watch NASA Pour 2 Million Litres Of Water Onto Its Launch Pad In Under A Minute / NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by tonididdy(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
indeed, only the fool will say in his heart that there is no God

Someone has to be responsible for all of this and his name is GOD... he is the beginning...

3 Likes

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by ume1000: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

It's impossible to say there's no other civilization out there.

If ever a civilization is discovered out there NASA will never make it public. It'll be a top secret and classified information only for world powers and some US top military personnels.

Such information will totally destroy the largest earth religion.
what would they use such information for
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by tonididdy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nackzy:
Better people, Always in front No be this Dump site
Nairaland or Nigeria ,you mean ? grin
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by PotatoSalad(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
AlphaAlex:
just do your research bro I no get strength to argue with you
You should be thanking me for opening your mind. Don't be ignorant. It's 2022
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Eniitankorede: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

If ever a civilization is discovered out there NASA will never make it public. It'll be a top secret and classified information only for world powers and some US top military personnels.

Quran 36:36:

“Highly Exalted is He Who created all pairs—of what the earth germinates and of their own selves1and of what they do not know.”
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by shopwiser: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
ehinmowo:

This is a very bold statement. Even if this is true, we may never know. Why?

1. Man may never achieve superluminal speed (the scientific fact to back this up)

2. Even if man somehow discover the warmhole predicted by Einstein, we will not be able to cover the whole universe.

3. The observable universe is about 47 billion light years. In other words, man cannot even cover the end of the observable universe with superluminal speed.

4. The observable universe is 1/6th of the total universe.

5. The universe is expanding at a rate faster than the speed of light in some places.

6. So just forget it. We can only try. Keplar42B is a planet exactly like earth-with trees, sufficient oxygen etc. But man can never get there.
very true...... except there is a way to explore multiverse grin
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Offpoint1: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
GreyLaw:

Religion won't be destroyed. It is not afraid of facts. It's humans who have put faith into a straight jacket. God wants this whole thing revealed because then those who refused him on blind faith will the accept him on empirical evidence.

Life is too ordered to be a coincidence. And yes, there are beings out there. A simple out of body experience will show you that. Real humans know there are being out there, not far as in far out in space, but far because they are in a different dimension.

NASA will find nothing in the physical universe. The CIA already use remote viewing and other metaphysical apparatus to eavesdrop on people all over the world. They know there are other civilizations out there, but are NASA is trying to contact them physically and will fail.
There's not doubt there other physical physical or 'spiritual' beings out there, in fact from Biblical hints the heaven is within this very earth hence every biblical ascension happens to be "vanishing in the clouds"

I believe in different dimension, All those dead planets scattered all over the universe might not really be dead planets. There may be beings in all those planets but not visible to human civilization, same we may not be visible to them too.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Offpoint1: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
SpaceMarshall:

Sorry to break it to you.
It won't make any difference.There is no record in the scriptures that life existed only on earth.
It has nothing to do with whether there's life elsewhere, it has to do with the belief itself
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
PotatoSalad:

You should be thanking me for opening your mind. Don't be ignorant. It's 2022
Just do your own research I use God name beg you just do your own research. Thank you
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by dinomcjohn: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
What an awesome God. Every decade comes with the discovery of a new constellation of stars.Every century comes with the exploration of a new Galaxy of plantesimals. Imagine: there are more stars in the known (discovered portion of the) universe than all the grains of sand on earth! Confirm this from Google. Indeed, God is awesome. He is infinitely great.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by mema900: 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
You will not see righteousness here because this is not his perception of nature grin
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Snitch24(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

I know right
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by sinanaira(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
What is really all about this?
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Humans are voyagers. Back then, humans moved to different parts of the world without any plans of returning home. These movements caused development of new lifestyle, civilisation and way of life. In linguistics, you'd notice that different languages originated from others. Look at latin. Latin gave birth to French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, etc.
The English language have different variations too. All these changes didn't happen in an instant. It evolved through generations.
Look at latin today, it's almost dead. Dictionaries are updated to include new modern words everyday. These things are happening but due to our perception of time, it's as if nothing is happening.
Fair enough, I'll say.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by EmmaxKeys: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

It's very simple if you've read their holy books

Hmm..if it's the Christians, I don't think it will have any effect, it will rather boost their faith. Bible doesn't say there's no life beyond earth.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Reference(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
redcliff:

I will not rule it out as purely hypothetical. There is a form of truth to all of these explanations, i wont necessarily agree we are an experiment per se, il rather see us as a game being played. There is a character marvel called THE ONE ABOVE ALL, most people who are marvel fanatics do not even know him at all or has he ever been featured but he is the most powerful marvel character and he is able to reset life back to how it should be or the reality he wants it to be. He does not intefere and he only instance of his interference is when life in the whole universe is threatened. Its that bad that even when Thanos did what he did, he still did not interfere.

My point is that, that character is God and that even though the comic characters were able to somehow travel across time and space, we are not able to do that.

Anyway back to the point your raised, il say that out of all Gods creations we are the most unique to him and this is because of how we were created, in his image and likeness. I do not think another specie has the same form factor as us and even though we have failed from the garden, we are still regarded as special.

This was perhaps the wrong wording.
What I meant by 'experiment' is 'a deed gone wrong', an outcome not expected and not in the sense of a laboratory experimentation at creation.

able to somehow travel across time and space, we are not able to do that. .... that is the knowledge deficit that makes us thousands and thousands of years behind the power of creation. The Bible makes it clear that God is ALL knowledgeable. I believe this knowledge is not just limited to spiritual virtues but the knowledge of complex sciences way beyond what we can presently imagine that puts all the universes and all creation and all times past, present and future in His immediate grasp, knowledge we may never attain before the earth is ended.

In this whole process I also believe that time is not on the side of man to attain the kind of knowledge (and with it the ability - power) to either survive outside the help of God, annul His timetable for rapture or prevent or escape the cataclysmic end to the world (whichever comes first).... simply because man does not have the knowledge of how to 'bend' time, which is the exclusive preserve of God.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Offpoint1: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
EmmaxKeys:

Hmm..if it's the Christians, I don't think it will have any effect, it will rather boost their faith. Bible doesn't say there's no life beyond earth.
If there are other civilizations, is Jesus applicable to them?
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by ehinmowo: 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
shopwiser:
very true...... except there is a way to explore multiverse grin

Science fiction!!! grin
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by leofab(f): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
We may never be able to develop the technology to go there if there was any sign of life outside our own solar system.

Unless we find a way to make man immortal, then we can always design systems that travel at the speed of light , capable of withstanding the G forces that will result. Then at least we will be alive when we get to the destination

Maybe an AI consciousness might be the first interstellar traveller.
your last paragraph has said it all.. man is his consciousness and not the biotic and degradable Casing that comes with it..

2 Likes

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by anyilalaz: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ederlyoungmman:
We need investors and partners in our
lucrative charcoal production AND nationwide distribution, farming and nationwide distribution company, and get high yield return on your investment, we can also produce non sparkling charcoal for exportation..
location is kwara state

Pls check my profile for contact details

Beware!!! A scammer’s prowling and on loosed seeking for who to prey and devour!!!

Chacoal killi you there
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Niswayne19: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
This is beautiful.
You can get the Oraimo freepods 3 and enjoy your favourite music.

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Eddygourdo(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
leofab:
your last paragraph has said it all.. man is his consciousness and not the biotic and degradable Casing that comes with it..
exactly. There is something in the pipeline that will revolutionalize how we perceive human loss and suffering. Keep fingers crossed.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by okoroemeka(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

how can nasa discover another civilization when the nearest planetary system to earth is light years away,I don't think the new discovery will cause any majo problems except in Africa,the white man has by now known the religion is just the opium of the masses.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by DonroxyII: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Offpoint1:

Religion can never Be destroyed Because That's the Law of the Earth Only Humanities will Destroy Herself by Destroying Religion:

Once we go Berserk and Earth Berserk Us Only God has the Answer to Pacifying Earth because She will Punishes Anyone without giving a Damn:

Other Civilisations shall Also Have Doctrines(Religion) guiding Them:
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Kulushkalash(m): 12:07am On Jul 13, 2022
Offpoint1:

I share this sentiment too, it's just impossible to say there is no life out there... The milky way Galaxy and its several stars and solar systems, then it's neighbor Andromeda and the rest... It really is unlikely to say there is no life.

Already the mere thought of the extremities of space, and its accompany awakening, defeats the argument of religion already and in many ways even. The sound principles of science as malleable as religions have applied it are even still shaky in view of new discoveries.

Apparently we are comfortable in this bubble we've created for ourselves to give our meaningless existence meaning.

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Kulushkalash(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2022
Jinity1:
I keep wondering if the universe has a stop point. What lies beyond those stars

Apparently there is no stop point it's a continuum.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Kulushkalash(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
I saw it on Twitter yesterday,so beautiful so marvelous ,omo God create, to bad one can't explore this galaxies because of distance

There is gradual progress being made in the form of warp travel tho, not enough to match light speed which is a constant to reach the extremities of space but quite enough to explore beyond the limitations of our fossil burning transport mediums.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by Kulushkalash(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2022
Eddygourdo:
We may never be able to develop the technology to go there if there was any sign of life outside our own solar system.

Unless we find a way to make man immortal, then we can always design systems that travel at the speed of light , capable of withstanding the G forces that will result. Then at least we will be alive when we get to the destination

Maybe an AI consciousness might be the first interstellar traveller.

This view tho... Absolutely reasonable! We may have to upload our consciousness or brain so the biological limitations of our body may experience no harm in exploration
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by redcliff: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2022
Reference:

This was perhaps the wrong wording.
What I meant by 'experiment' is 'a deed gone wrong', an outcome not expected and not in the sense of a laboratory experimentation at creation.

able to somehow travel across time and space, we are not able to do that. .... that is the knowledge deficit that makes us thousands and thousands of years behind the power of creation. The Bible makes it clear that God is ALL knowledgeable. I believe this knowledge is not just limited to spiritual virtues but the knowledge of complex sciences way beyond what we can presently imagine that puts all the universes and all creation and all times past, present and future in His immediate grasp, knowledge we may never attain before the earth is ended.

In this whole process I also believe that time is not on the side of man to attain the kind of knowledge (and with it the ability - power) to either survive outside the help of God, annul His timetable for rapture or prevent or escape the cataclysmic end to the world (whichever comes first).... simply because man does not have the knowledge of how to 'bend' time, which is the exclusive preserve of God.

I agree with your last paragraph. I think God does hold that exculsive right but that knowledge/power if known, can be used by any other being and it will alter the reality of things and i also think this is what makes God always greater than any other force out there. Someone claimed that the devil can bring people back to life and i said its not possible, if it was, nobody would worship God anymore.

On an aside, Every power you can imagine in the universe comes from one source. Science, physics, or any other sphere of life that is able to wield mental capacity to produce reality in any form, comes from one source and that source is the power of God. But the thing with those is that we are just tapping very very tiny fractions of that power and we will never be able to have more than what we are currently tapping from it except the owner allows it. This is that inspiration i earlier mentioned in one of my comments on this thread. It could come from above or the devil whichever way, the devil never had his powers taken away from him anyway so he also has the ability to give inspiration, in a different way. That is why sometimes you hear that someone famous sold their soul to the devil. Their souls were sold for the inspiration to create things that are able to captivate man. Be it in music, technology, science and what have you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by redcliff: 12:39am On Jul 13, 2022
Offpoint1:

If there are other civilizations, is Jesus applicable to them?

Maybe not in the context of how we perceive christ, heaven or hell but i will definitely tell you that God is definitely applicable to them but maybe in another form. Before man sinned against God in the garden, he came down every evening to chitchat with adam and this stopped after they sinned. Do you think if they had not sinned this will not continue to be the case ? That we will not know God in live form?

Now that you you know the current reality which is that we only have the consciousness of God and not the physical consciousness, based on how we were created and what we know from adam in the bible, i do believe that if there are other civilizations which were not necessarily created in the likeness and image of God, lets assume they were created as computers in another planetary system, there will be a Super AI computer, connected to, that will overlord and oversee all the activites of other set of smaller computers on that planet with the full consciousness of those smaller computers knowing well that the Super AI COMPUTER (lets assume maybe sitting on an island in the middle of their planet) is their lord and master.

But this time, it may be that these smaller computers do not have freewill and cannot assert their own codes and cannot object to the instructions of their super computer and always have to do whatever they are told whenever they are told to do so. The good thing about this model will be that since there is only one will (or set of codes) on that planet which is the will of the super PC, there will be peace and harmony because no other conflicting code or instruction is given from anyother angle in that planet..Now, again, as i said, depends on how they were created and for what purpose.
Re: Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet by leofab(f): 12:42am On Jul 13, 2022
Eddygourdo:
exactly. There is something in the pipeline that will revolutionalize how we perceive human loss and suffering. Keep fingers crossed.
its 50% done.. chips to the Brain through VR.. and and stabilization kf the brain after death.. scientists are now able to bring back to life the brain activities after death and if Elon most formally launched his brain chip then it’s 90% done.. only job is to keep the brain from dying and decaying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 / Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.