Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor (629 Views)

5 Laughable Achievements Of Governor Ododo’s First 100 Days In Office / Police Reacts To Trending Picture Of Sen. Abbo & IGP / Atiku Reacts On The Emergence Of Sen. Adeleke As Osun PDP Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Babaisha: 6:37am On Jul 12, 2022
I am still waiting for someone to educate me on the achievements of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu during his 8years in office as Governor of Lagos state.

What I have seen in most media propaganda is people attributing efforts and accomplishments of his predecessors and also successors to him as if Lagos started in 1999.

Some also shared that he ruled Lagos without FGN allocation, this assertion is entirely false as Tinubu's first tenure 1999 - 2003 was fully funded , the FGN withholding of Lagos state allocation occurred from late 2014 when the LCDAs were created to compensate a selected few.

Some cited Model Secondary schools , and a fact check will show that Real Admiral Mike Akhigbe started Model secondary schools in Lagos long before the 4th republic, the only thing we remember during Tinubu's regime was the splitting of the model schools into Junior and Senior schools. All additional infrastructure on model schools happened from Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) regime.

I was in Lagos before 4th republic and returned to Lagos after my service year in 2004 and will be glad to say there was no change at all.

People have not been courageous enough to ask how both external and domestic debts in Lagos skyrocketed during those 8years. I am getting a comprehensive report out soon on this and will shock you with what was borrowed for the good residents of Lagos to pay back without reasonable value on ground to account for it. Those borrowings that they channeled into their personal purse will be paid by me and you and our unborn children.

I am still very eager for someone to point me to the projects that Tinubu's 8years accomplished in Lagos , even if completing the projects the military started or completed projects that he initiated during his 8year tenure. At least lets have what he did in the first 4years when he got all FGN allocation + Lagos IGR.

No one should come to tell me about drafting Lagos Master plan, as if subsequent administrators are just roller-coasters, same man as a God-father plotted the un-succesful removal of BRF after his first tenure, if there is a Master plan which BRF followed , why was the plot ever conceived.

A friend was campaigning with the slogan that Tinubu built several men, I sat him down and shared my view that when a politician is seen with such influence , it means he has used the masses common fund to elevate some selected few.
I read a post that compared Tinubu's finest men working in Buhari administration , from Osibanjo to Fashola to Aregbosola to Fowler to Akubueze etc, we have witnessed failures in gigantic proportion, today after 7+ years, Nigeria could not boost of power , are we to talk of the Immigration issues which Nigerians has endured since the administration of Aregbesola, un-availability of travel documents, we are now seeing increased Jail break occurrence. Has our budgeting changed because we have the brightest mind from Tinubu's camp as DG, or do we talk about Tunde Fowler that was messed out of office because of financial mis-appropriation. What magic do we expect from someone that has tested his finest men on a national scale for 7years and all have performed woefully.

We should not make the mistakes of the past.

Waiting to be schooled on his accomplishments

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Gbas gbos gbas plus propaganda burster doing the needful..

Ride on comrade....

Fish out those bloody lies...

hahahahahahahaha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by MadamVanessa(f): 6:48am On Jul 12, 2022
shocked

The Idiotic brownish teeth thief did nothing in Lagos state for the period of 8years he ruled. Recall that Lagos state was the former capital of Nigeria as such Nigeria money was pumped into the over hyped trash state, even at that if you should go to Lagos state now you'll be so disappointed and you'll realized that the state is an overrated piece of trash, only some few areas is developed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Goodcharacter: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Hmm..... That's serious
Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Viscuz: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Iyo

2 Likes

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Eddygourdo(m): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2022
Don't mind those deluded urchins. Tinubu is who cleared the grass and trees before building lagos. Just like tinubu most of them carry oluwole about and have deceived their way into jobs and offices.

No wonder they expect the same in aso rock. We no go gree. They forget that many of us were alive pre tinubu in lagos , during tinubu in lagos and after tinubu in lagos.

They are political jobbers and are part of the people we must eliminate in nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Vulturereloaded: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2022
We are not interested. As long as he cannot treat himself in lagos, he has failed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by SarkinYarki: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2022
20 years as Defacto Governor General of Lagos Tinubu couldn't give Lagos pipe borne water, he couldnt give Lagos roads , he hasn't been able to complete a mere 35 Kms of rail line , he couldn't complete a mere 35 Kms of Lekki Epe highway , till date no sewage treatment in Lagos yet some idiot wants to believe he can help fix Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by OkCornel(m): 7:11am On Jul 12, 2022
They claimed he built Lagos, yet Lagos has no hospital to take care of him?

Nigeria is now swimming in crude oil and fuel
Light is now steady 247
Everybody is gainfully employed

Vote Tinubu for president cheesy
Vote APC cheesy

1 Like

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Wisetrue99: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2022
Babaisha:

What I have seen in most media propaganda is people attributing efforts and accomplishments of his predecessors and also successors to him as if Lagos started in 1999.
You spoke my mind

I saw them attribute remodeled schools to him and I just shake my head!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by kettykin: 7:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Sometimes I feel Obi and Atiku should close rank and kick this bastard out of the race

1 Like

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Vulturereloaded: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2022
kettykin:
Sometimes I feel Obi and Atiku should close rank and kick this bastard out of the race

Thats an insult. Sowore alone can kick him out.

2 Likes

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Mstick: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2022
The people boasting about Lagos IGR never talk about Lagos debt.

I saw Lagos State debt and I shouted, Jesus what a life!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Smithkafors(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2022
There is no achievement for an illiterate lie him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by codelearner: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Those that are hyping on Tinubu's performance are those that did not live in Lagos during his tenure.

Lagos as a state missed an opportunity of a fine administrator in the person of Funsho Williams , who performed very well as a commissioner under the military.

With Lagos location and natural endowments, IGR and FGN allocation, any average administrator would always perform better than Sen. Tinubu's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Newton2024: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2022
BLASPHEMY: Adamawa law school student suffers matchete head injuries for praying rosary on the street.

https://www.facebook.com/378378918890631/posts/pfbid0qA8r6qMWHhhQYBQd9aaR2eJCWYSWKshheuuuvhvvEyfrEFZqSZ8fpGP9GstjsU2pl/

And this is a country where APC is fronting a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket. God forbid! Those of you supporting the ticket today because it favours you should endeavour to do so when it's the other way round.

I say no to Muslim terrorist-terrorist ticket.

In a muslim country, both the president and vice would be muslims.

In a christian country, both the president and vice would be christians.

In a muslim-christian country, the president and vice would always be shared by both religion.

APC is an Islamic party that plans to turn Nigeria to a muslim country, a country that is owned by muslims and muslims are first class citizens.

1 Like

Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Babaisha: 11:55am On Jul 12, 2022
Still expecting data driven engagements without insults and grand-standing.

Youths, we should start asking the right questions.

Waiting for anyone that knows Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu achievements during his 8years at Alausa to share that with me.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Babaisha: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yet to get the achievements of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu during his 8years period as Governor of Lagos?

Same "Grab power by all means " sentiments that birthed APC Buhari in 2015 is out again in 2023.

APC as a party thrived on lies and propaganda, what achievement will APC campaign with after having the presidency for more than 7years? Tinubu's finest men were/are in Buhari's regime and have not shown any capability.

The first judgement call for Tinubu (Someone that has had all his lifetime ambition on being Nigerian's number one citizen) in picking running mate,though he took all the time in the world becoming the last to announce his running mate, still his judgement came out dis-satisfactory to many Nigerians, one of the hallmark of God leadership is making the right judgement.
One of the first sign of potential failure we witnessed in the start of Buhari administration when he took almost 6months to institute cabinet, Tinubu will be Buhari Pro-Max and sincerely we should not expect any difference from Tinubu government from that of Buharis.

If Tinubu ever win 2023 Presidency through rigging or other illegal means , quote me , the status quo remains same and Nigerian masses will bear the pain for another 4 to 8 years..
Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Ddokie: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Babaisha:
Still expecting data driven engagements without insults and grand-standing.

Youths, we should start asking the right questions.

Waiting for anyone that knows Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu achievements during his 8years at Alausa to share that with me.

God bless Nigeria

As far as i am concerned, the major thing Tinubu did in Lagos during his time was setting up lastma and lawma. Otan.

It was towards the end of his administration sometime from 2005 that he sent Julius Berger to Lagos island to start rebuilding all those roads in Isale Eko. Nothing more. Except anyone is willing to say dividing already existing roads like Allen avenue, Toyin Street and others are achievements.

Truth be told, it was fashola that gave Lagos the facelift that these tinubu urchins are shouting up and down about.

Talking about him being able to spot talent and use them for development, I laugh. Fashola and maybe Ambode are the only people you would say that Tinubu brought on board that stood themselves out to an extent. I say to an extent because performing as governor in lagos state with all the money is not very difficult. Others are not better than anyone of their colleagues in other states badly run states.

Aregbe was in Tinubu's cabinet, how well did he perform in Osun? How well is he performing as minister.
Amosun is still one of the most useless governors to have graced that office in Nigeria.
Oyetola is a disaster
Fayemi did nothing in his first tenure, and has done nothing for ekiti people to date.
Eleyi of Ogun state, how far? Ogun people should answer.

Or should we consider the legislators at federal level: Afikuyomi, Solomon, mamora, Yayi, Gbaja, Ashafa, Faleke etc. What can you say any of these people have achieved?

Leave matter abeg. Tinubu's so called competence is pure propaganda.
Re: Achievements Of Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu As 2-term Lagos State Governor by Bravetunde: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
In these coming elections,let not vote for theives,drug dealers,bastards that don't know their father's house,looters,Stark illiterates without primary school cert and extremely sick and dying old politicians.
Vote for credible,educated,young and experienced candidate.

(1) (Reply)

Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit / God Is Punishing The North For Killing Deborah / Gunmen Kill Seven During Shooting Spree In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.