Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. (437 Views)

On The Naivety Of Peter Obi And The Obidients / As An Igbo Man, I'm Deeply Worried About Our Political Naivety / Buhari’s June 12 Pandering And Naivety Of Yoruba Elite-farook Kperogi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2022
Politics is a game in which what matters most is results.

I have read lot of books, watched documentaries about political revolutions in lots of countries and one thing I noticed is the people choices hardly win an election.

We are in Africa so is far even worse here....lot of people easily forget were we are coming in this nation and expect magic to happen.......there no miracle in politics, everything Is Master minded.

Do I see a political revolution happening in the next election My answer is a big No.

People should know politicians are all the same no matter the party or tribe all that matters is there interest.
Is no surprise to me even governors from the East aiint supporting Peter Obi because they don't share common interest.

Betrayal,kidnappering,murder,assassinations,thuggery this are all currencies of politics...politics in Africa is like a cartel.

It took George weah 8yrs before he could win the liberia presidential election despite being the people choice....he was defeated twice by sir leaf (a woman)....he had to go learn the game well.

There are many plays when it come to politics and am very sure apc is really going to deploy one which is (voter suppression). It is very infective in a country like this.
Voter suppression is simply making it easy for people on your side to vote and making it extremely hard for people against you to vote.
We all are already seeing this with the voters registration.

Politics isn't all about talking or fine speeches is more about getting dirty .....is Obi ready to get dirty when things start unfolding??

We all can make threat, support and claim the people support obi on the Internet but are we actually ready to give our life on that day because trust me in every political revolution people pay the price.

Nigeria is a shit hole where alot of terrible things can happen Broad day light and nothing will happen.
Corrupt police,inec,military and you expect a party like Labour to win

Am not gonna kill people moral towards fighting for peter obi but after 2023 if OBi loses what next

Nigeria youths should read more about politics, do research so you can understand this game....aisha yusuf is already talking about 100 billion and testing the waters for Obi, i thought he wasn't going to spend shi shi ...lol.
Dirty/stolen money is the vehicle that drive political campaigns in nigeria....Obi shouldn't be naive to this fact even if the youth are.

A political revolution isn't something you do within 7 month.....It is something that requires proper and strategic planning.

We will get there someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2022
Wrong sir. If we kill and lie our way to get power, we will simply be another APC. A party of murderers and killers.

We are expecting Nigerians to rise up in a political revolution ( see Sri Lanka and Arab spring) to bring about political change the masses want.

Revolution isn't achieved through standard methods of politics. Peter obi is a political revolution championed by the Nigerian youths.

We want the government for the most competent devoid of tribe and religion. 2023 may end up being violent. 2023 may spell the end of Nigeria as an entity. So you must wake up and realise that 2023 will be an election Nigeria has never had in its history before.

Of course you must expect violence if need be. Our votes must count , our votes will be protected

2 Likes

Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
Wrong sir. If we kill and lie our way to get power, we will simply be another APC. A party of murderers and killers.

We are expecting Nigerians to rise up in a political revolution ( see Sri Lanka and Arab spring) to bring about political change the masses want.

Revolution isn't achieved through standard methods of politics. Peter obi is a political revolutions championed by the Nigerian youths.

We want the government for the most competent devoid of tribe and religion. 2023 may end up being violent. 2023 may spell the end of Nigeria as an entity. So you must wake up and realise that 2023 will be an election Nigeria has never had in its history before.

Of course you must expect violence if need be. Our votes must count , our votes will be protected
Sri Lanka isn't a country like nigeria bro.....we too divided along tribe and religion.

Bro one thing I always do Is speak for myself .....I will never bank on people not in this country.

Anyone who get himself killed for protecting vote on election day just died for nothing.
we all saw what happened in IMO state governorship tribunal.....that the kinda of shit am talking about.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 7:58am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

Sri Lanka isn't a country like nigeria bro.....we too divided along tribe and religion.

Bro one thing I always do Is speak for myself .....I will never bank on people not in this country.

Anyone who get himself killed for protecting vote on election day just died for nothing.
we all saw what happened in IMO state governorship tribunal.....that the kinda of shit am talking about.
every election below presidency is local politics. There are all politics of homogenous people where tribe and religion doesn't really play much of a role. You can see that with many states ruled by Christians and Muslims and there isn't an issue there. But at national level, the game changes. You must appeal to the majority of a great divide. Mind you that we will be worse than Sri Lanka come next year. Please go and read up on the economic bomb about to explode in Nigeria. The poverty of today will be child's play. It is a fight of life and death.

Tinubu will never be affected, same with atiku and Peter obi. They are all billionaires. It is you and I who will.gnash our teeth. If you died protecting your vote. You didn't die for nothing, you will still die anyway when a wrong person enters and goes to sleep like buhari did going into the hell that next year and beyond will bring to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
every election below presidency is local politics. There are all politics of homogenous people where tribe and religion doesn't really play much of a role. You can see that with many states ruled by Christians and Muslims and there isn't an issue there. But at national level, the game changes. You must appeal to the majority of a great divide. Mind you that we will be worse than Sri Lanka come next year. Please go and read up on the economic bomb about to explode in Nigeria. The poverty of today will be child's play. It is a fight of life and death.

Tinubu will never be affected, same with atiku and Peter obi. They are all billionaires. It is you and I who will.gnash our teeth. If you died protecting your vote. You didn't die for nothing, you will still die anyway when a wrong person enters and goes to sleep like buhari did going into the hell that next year and beyond will bring to Nigeria.
I should die for people who there children are in the UK to rule......very very funny.

I will rather find my way out of this shit hole than die for it.......only a dumb person will die for Nigeria politics.

Be it atiku,tinubu,obi they all same to me.....non is worthy of my free time not to talk of vote.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 8:17am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

I should die for people who there children are in the UK to rule......very very funny.

I will rather find my way out of this shit hole than die for it.......only a dumb person will die for Nigeria politics.

Be it atiku,tinubu,obi they all same to me.....non is worthy of my free time not to talk of vote.
leaving the country is a wise choice. However not everyone can do it. For those who can't, fight for your right.

Even you who will leave and go to other nations will come to realise that there is nowhere like home. You must be wondering why diasporans fight more than people in Nigeria for good goverment. They want to come home

2 Likes

Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
leaving the country is a wise choice. However not everyone can do it. For those who can't, fight for your right.

Even you who will leave and go to other nations will come to realise that there is nowhere like home. You must be wondering why diasporans fight more than people in Nigeria for good goverment. They want to come home
I choose my fight bro......I will only fight if we all agree to pull everything down and start afresh but if is to support a politician over another ain't in for that.....Power intoxicate more than coke bro.
I can never trust any nigeria politician.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

I choose my fight bro......I will only fight if we all agree to pull everything down and start afresh but if is to support a politician over another ain't in for that.....Power intoxicate more than coke bro.
I can never trust any nigeria politician.
you can trust Peter obi. You can trust him to try his best.

1 Like

Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
you can trust Peter obi. You can trust him to try his best.
Lol.....someone who kids are also in the UK.

I don't do lesser evil bro....Evil is evil to me.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

Lol.....someone who kids are also in the UK.

I don't do lesser evil bro....Evil is evil to me.
ok nobody is completely evil or good. Even you. I am sure your coworkers and friends will say same. With that knowledge. I will go for the lesser evil.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 8:35am On Jul 12, 2022
Eddygourdo:
ok nobody is completely evil or good. Even you. I am sure your coworkers and friends will say same. With that knowledge. I will go for the lesser evil.
Feel free bro....

Can't blame tho....buhari thought me a lesson.

Ain't gonna make the same mistake twice.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Eddygourdo(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

Feel free bro....

Can't blame tho....buhari thought me a lesson.

Ain't gonna make the same mistake twice.
its life. He taught us a lesson. You will run away due to what you learnt, I will fight back due to what I learnt. Its all fair responses. Cheers.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by helinues: 8:47am On Jul 12, 2022
Abeg allow them

When most of them are first timer. How many of the youths ranting online have the stress of voting on the election day?

Do those people even aware about the role of party agents in any elections?
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Abeg allow them

When most of them are first timer. How many of the youths ranting online have the stress of voting on the election day?

Do those people even aware about the role of party agents in any elections?
Most people here are in there early 20's so they dont understand what politics entails in nigeria.
You remember when alot of youth where making threat about if kanu is touched....some even said they will burn down nigeria, kanu is spending how many month in jail now? That kind of youth we have now.
loins on social media but ant in real life.

Some don't even no politics is an occupation.

You want to run presidential campaigns without having funds available....what a very disgusting joke.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by helinues: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

Most people here are in there early 20's so they dont understand what politics entails in nigeria.
You remember when alot of where making threat about if kanu is touched....so even said they will burn down nigeria, kanu is spending how many in jail now? That kind of youth we have now.
loins on social media but ant in real life.

Some don't even no politics is an occupation.

You want to run presidential campaigns without having funds available....what a very disgusting joke.

Imagine oo.

How much did Obi contribute towards 2019 election?

Imagine now asking supporters to donate N100bn when Obi could divert the money for something else.

When his supporters could have negotiated with him to help them invest in any lucrative business like hero beer so that they can get returns in some years to come

Misplaced priority
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Godoverevery: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:

Imagine oo.

How much did Obi contribute towards 2019 election?

Imagine now asking supporters to donate N100bn when Obi could divert the money for something else.

When his supporters could have negotiated with him to help them invest in any lucrative business like hero beer so that they can get returns in some years to come

Misplaced priority
Life is all about give and take....who gonna put in money where there no return in politics.

All politicians are the same.......I can never trust any nigeria politician.

Whoever wins congrat to him......I just keep on hustling and move out of the country.
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by helinues: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Godoverevery:

Life is all about give and take....who gonna put in money where there no return in politics.

All politicians are the same.......I can never trust any nigeria politician.

Whoever wins congrat to him......I just keep on hustling and move out of the country.

In my dad's voice- I don't like fetching water into the ocean
Re: Politics And The Naivety Of Nigeria Youths. by Enceladus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
The naive ones are shouting Obidient on Twitter while the water resource bill has been sneaked back into the senate. grin grin

A bill that will make the Federal government own all water bodies in the country thereby centralising the already centralised unitary government.

Will Peter Obi use the constitution of the UK to rule Nigeria? Nigerians are politically naive and they will keep suffering for it.

(1) (Reply)

Osun APC Mega Rally - LP And PDP Hope you Are Watching / CNN Christian Amanpur Set To Host Peter Obi / Shettima Slams Nigerians Against Tinubu's Muslim-muslim Ticket | VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.