Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site (1494 Views)

Top 15 Most Visited Nigerian Websites / Konga Beats Nairaland In Alexa, Whats The Significance? / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by mikuz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nairaland , the largest online forum in Nigeria has lost its position as the most visited Nigerian site as Vanguard,a leading newspaper site becomes the number one Nigerian site.
According to the latest Alexa Rankings, Vanguard displaced Nairaland to become the 8th most visited site in Nigeria just after Twitter. Nairaland, which has occupied the number one position for years now, is now ranked 9th in Nigeria. Interestingly, Vanguard’s audience from Nigeria shows an 83.7% of site traffic compared to Nairaland’s 73.1% audience from Nigeria, although Nairaland ranks better on a global scale (1, 633) compared to Vanguard (2, 257), as at time of writing this post.
Source :
http://techloy.com/2011/07/22/vanguard-beats-nairaland-to-become-most-visited-nigerian-site/
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by MrGlobe(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
Vanguard aint no joke. Though their paper is trashy to me and not on point, I think they hold it down online. The only Nigeria Newspaper to to frequently update their news daily and engage the audience. I cant also take away the influence they have gained with Twitter. Vanguard is Unarguably the Number 1 Nigerian News site. No second and third! There is still room for improvement. Methinks they should improve graphics and designs. Thumbs up.
Back to story, why them no go overtake nairaland when seun dey admin the forum like dictator. Public forum is now more like personal forum. Say what I want you to say and how I want you to say it forum. OAMJ wey dey more nairaland than seun just dey delete and move all the stories in no like etc. People want freedom and if you are not ready to gurantee that, I dey laugh
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
I'm not a dictator anymore. I haven't been since the elections.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by MrGlobe(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^^ oopps my bad. Then that OAMJ or so is biting more than he can chew
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Dclique(m): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
Who dey visit vanguard sef?
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by automania: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2011
Haven't you guys noticed that when you download opera for mobile it comes with vanguard among the sites displayed? That to my opinion is why it is getting so much traffic here. I have been visiting myself almost on a daily basis since i got opera on my android.

@ Seun, why not approach firefox(they are coming up with something big for mobiles), dolphin or even opera(there is always room for more) and get yourself a deal to keep u in peoples faces. You've got the machinery man, dont slack.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by CrazyChica: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Vanguard aint no joke. Though their paper is trashy to me and not on point, I think they hold it down online. The only Nigeria Newspaper to to frequently update their news daily and engage the audience. I cant also take away the influence they have gained with Twitter. Vanguard is Unarguably the Number 1 Nigerian News site. No second and third! There is still room for improvement. Methinks they should improve graphics and designs. Thumbs up.
Back to story, why them no go overtake nairaland when seun dey admin the forum like dictator. Public forum is now more like personal forum. Say what I want you to say and how I want you to say it forum. OAMJ wey dey more nairaland than seun just dey delete and move all the stories in no like etc. People want freedom and if you are not ready to gurantee that, I dey laugh

#u said it all!
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Seun(m): 1:45am On Jul 29, 2011
But I'm not managing the forum like a dictator anymore. And that's not why we were beaten anyway.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by epapa(m): 2:50am On Jul 29, 2011
I think automania nailed it. i am posting this using opera and vanguard is one of the speed dials just like facebook. it makes it very convenient then to make it my news centre.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Seun(m): 3:41am On Jul 29, 2011
How did my dictatorship make vanguard to appear on the speed dial of opera? Also, I'm not a dictator.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by DualCore1: 4:12am On Jul 29, 2011
People visit Vanguard that much? shocked
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2011
Santa Maria! Me creia nairaland was still the number 1! smh
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by Fayimora(m): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
lol I visit vanguard/daily trust when i wanna read some Nigerian news. For Nairaland to stick at the top it has to do more dan just a forum. Am not gona say what cause da wud just be stupid of me.lol.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by iwantto(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
Vanguard is trending upward steeply. The daily ranking is at peer with NL.

I won't be shocked to see it overtake NL within couple of weeks. Anyway they have better funding and reach.
They have by far, a better social cirlcle than NL. That could be a major +
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by tpia5: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
seriously doubt it.
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by yawatide(f): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
Sounds like dude is making it a personal affair, savoring the very possibility cheesy
Re: Vanguard Beats Nairaland To Become Most Visited Nigerian Site by DualCore1: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Sounds like dude is making it a personal affair, savoring the very possibility cheesy
Baby, I'm lost! kiss
Who you dey talk abat?

(1) (Reply)

500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain / Why Isn't My Signature Clickable / I Need An Expert Who Specializes In Maximizing Facebook Ads For B2B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.