Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation (12874 Views)

Tribunal; Protesters Barricade Osun Roads / Adeleke Defeats Oyetola Inside Osun Govt House / Abuja EndSARS Protesters Barricade Berger Roundabout Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by MMWandali: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Osun people

Abeg
Just go to your polling units and protest with your Votes

Vote Dem Out VDO
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by stabilizer: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jking20:
Sometimes I wonder why it's most of the Christian ruled states that suffer their people this way. Imagine, not longer than 2 months ago that even Rivers approved for payment of pensioners.
It's hard seeing this coming from North, and after they'll be preaching us religion. Osun deserves better just like other states like Benue, Kogi, Cross River...

Reason why Muslim Muslim ticket is a goal.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by OMBIIGA: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Please let's decipher the message well. They were own compensation payment over nine years ago, prior to the current government.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Mememi1230: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hxhd

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by akanbiaa(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Vote Oyetola out so you can enjoy your life again.
Adeleke is winning
Even If Demola Adeleke was the Governor the less than 30 protesters will still come and ask for the comendentation. Since it was past Government of Aregbeshola that they had issue with, and many houses along the road that usually get demolished are illegal structures with no Document backed by law to protect people that claim such land, that us why they cannot go to court but trying protest (which might be sponsored considering timing of election).
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Rebuke: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jking20:
Sometimes I wonder why it's most of the Christian ruled states that suffer their people this way. Imagine, not longer than 2 months ago that even Rivers approved for payment of pensioners.
It's hard seeing this coming from North, and after they'll be preaching us religion. Osun deserves better just like other states like Benue, Kogi, Cross River...

Na fufu full yhur head, no small sense.

Is the Governor of Osun state a Christian? Be bold and feel free to make yhur point instead of beating about the bush.

We know what yhur point is already but yhu are just as dumb as whatever yhur point is.

3 Likes

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Honjoshy4u: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
akanbiaa:
Even If Demola Adeleke was the Governor the less than 30 protesters will still come and ask for the comendentation. Since it was past Government of Aregbeshola that they had issue with, and many houses along the road that usually get demolished are illegal structures with no Document backed by law to protect people that claim such land, that us why they cannot go to court but trying protest (which might be sponsored considering timing of election).

If na you them owe, won't you do anything to collect your money They should be paid oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by LOOBE: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see labour party winning Osun state, I see PDP coming 2nd and APC 3rd.

This I have seen.
who knows LP ? PDP is winning this time around.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by lereinter(m): 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
Osun state your destiny is your hands

Oyo state is reaping the benefits of voting pdp.

Deliver yourself from apc, tinubu and their cohorts

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by akanbiaa(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

If na you them owe, won't you do anything to collect your money They should be paid oga
If I have the right documents I will not protest but go and tender it in court, my compensation wulk even be more and I will not stress myself since Court ruling has deadline but a politician promise does not.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by mrvictornews: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Osun state election update and more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HedFUqUaILI
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Franking: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
That's their way. Anything to keep people down. Voters shine ur eyes. Anyone connected to Tinumbu and the APC will always spell doom. Looting is their thing.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Honjoshy4u: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
akanbiaa:
If I have the right documents I will not protest but go and tender it in court, my compensation wulk even be more and I will not stress myself since Court ruling has deadline but a politician promise does not.

How many court ruling relating to this matter have your government obeyed? Let them sleep there to ask for their money. Protests is the only language Nigeria APC leaders listen to

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Judolisco(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jking20:
the North is what makes Nigeria the poverty capital of the world... So I don't know what you're talking about

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Whyzaid(f): 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
The truth is Osun people are suffering but our politicians are ready to do anything to silence the voice of the people.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by SledgeHammerer: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
9jahotblog:
Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Non-payment Of Compensation

Some property owners along Old Garage, MDS and Fakunle areas of Osogbo, Osun State capital, on Monday staged a peaceful protest over non-payment of over N1bn compensation nine years after the state government demolished their properties.

The protesters barricaded the gate of the Government House in Osogbo, the state capital while the protest lasted, wielded placards with inscriptions such as ‘Osun govt, pay our compensation;’ ‘Oyetola, you are a man of your words, fulfil your promise;’ ‘Oyetola, pls save our souls;’ amongst others.

They said the State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, promised to pay their compensation in instalments when he assumed office.

Speaking on behalf of the affected property owners, the leader of the protesters, Funke Afolabi, said over 600 shops belonging to them located along Old Garage/MDS/Fakunle axis in Osogbo, were demolished by the state government in 2013 for the expansion of road.

She said, “Enumeration and valuation were carried out by officials of the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning for payment of compensation.”

“Unfortunately, the compensation was not paid by the Aregbesola-led government in spite of a series of letters of reminder and visitations to him.

“On assumption of office of the Governor of Osun State, Alhaji Isiaka Oyetola, in 2019, a courtesy visit was paid to him by all the affected claimants. At the meeting, the governor stated that compensation would be paid in tranches to all the claimants.

“It is disturbing to note that approval has been given for compensation to be paid to a section of the claimants with the exclusion of claimants from Old Garage, MDS, Olaiya Junction and Fakunle Area. This development negates the principle of equity, justice and fairness. Over 600 shops were affected and we are being owed about N1 billion compensation, “Afolabi said.

She then appealed to Oyetola to revisit the issue with a view to compensate the property owners for the losses they incurred.

Reacting, Engr Remi Omowaye, the Commissioner for Works and Transport, said the protesters should be patient, adding that government would reach out to them once the resources is available.

Omowaye said though the demolition was done by the last administration to pave way for Osogbo-Ikirun-Ilaodo road projects, but since government is continum, the compensation will be paid.

” We have been engaging them that the compensation will be paid when the resources is available.

“Although, the demolition was done by the last administration, but since government is continum, we will strive to pay once the resources is available.

“The should be patient”, he said.

http://citymirrornews.com/news/2022/12/demolition-protesters-barricade-osun-govt-house-over-non-payment-of-compensation/

They should go and meet Aregbesola
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Heedries05(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
lereinter:

Osun state your destiny is your hands

Oyo state is reaping the benefits of voting pdp.

Deliver yourself from apc, tinubu and their cohorts

How exactly is oyo state reaping the benefits of voting � PDP...
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by SledgeHammerer: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jking20:

Try to read before you comment. You won't die if you do so.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by SledgeHammerer: 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see labour party winning Osun state, I see PDP coming 2nd and APC 3rd.

This I have seen.

You're living upto your name
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Jking20(m): 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
toplinetrtrend:

Aregbesola is a Muslim and he also suffered Osun people when he was governor. Your reasoning is absurd.

Can't compare it to the sufferings Christian undergo under their fellow brother. You cannot use one person to campare with majority.
Maybe it's your reasoning that is irrational.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by SledgeHammerer: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
toplinetrtrend:
My brother is in Osun civil service and said the workers have vowed to vote for PDP massively.

I asked him why Osun recorded one of the highest number of voters registration and he said they want to send a clear message of rejection to APC.

New registrants are not voting oga
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Jking20(m): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Try to read before you comment. You won't die if you do so.

Are you stupid or something?? What did u comprehend that you couldn't point out rather than just opening your mouth.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Allisgud: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
This is the best time,make them hold him for trouser,because if he win that election without paying them their money don sara
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Jking20(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Judolisco:
the North is what makes Nigeria the poverty capital of the world... So I don't know what you're talking about

North might be the what makes it, but at the same time it's the region with the Black richest man. So what are you talking??
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Jking20(m): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rebuke:

Na fufu full yhur head, no small sense.

Is the Governor of Osun state a Christian? Be bold and feel free to make yhur point instead of beating about the bush.

We know what yhur point is already but yhu are just as dumb as whatever yhur point is.

Your foolishness just expressed itself and manifested all over you. I can see there's nothing left in your damn sucking skull than trash.

Make sure you comprehend before replying fool.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by FamTomx2(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
possibility99:

Your eye dey pain you boss

grin cheesy

But that's true, LP will win.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Sholaco: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
9jahotblog:
Oyetola has failed woefully beyond redemption.
it will shock you that he would win election again. BATified
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by Jking20(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
AWONEYAN:

Is Ishiaq Oyetola a Christian....or Rauf Aregbesola a Christian, I don't seem to get this statement of a Christian ruled state...can we leave religion sentiment out of political discussion. Most of these politicians forget their faith, it is politics and their interest first

Of the states I have references to, Benue, Kogi, Cross River etc which is ruled by a Muslim?? Majority they say takes it all.
Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by UrPapa: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
toplinetrtrend:
My brother is in Osun civil service and said the workers have vowed to vote for PDP massively.

I asked him why Osun recorded one of the highest number of voters registration and he said they want to send a clear message of rejection to APC.
So ur brother is representing the whole civil service in Osun

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation by UrPapa: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Osun is governed by a fake Muslim

It was Aregbesola and Tinubu that crippled it both fake Yoruba muslims
Okoro face ur side na
After una go talk say Yorubas are obsessed about u
You’ve probably not being to Osun
D Lagos u went to sef, dem load u with ugwu bus go do servant for ur broda
But you’re here typing jargons

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture / President Buhari's Speech At The Armed Forces Remembrance Day Emblem / Your Days Are Numbered, Defence Chief, Buba Warns IPOB, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.