Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,209 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? (446 Views)

Buy Land, They Aren't Making It Anymore / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Where Is The Best Part In Ajah Lagos To Rent An Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Bobbiee: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2022
So a friend of mine, recently divorced, wanted to rent a flat somewhere in Lagos, and she found out the hard way that there's a law in Lagos barring women from renting apartments without a man involved. This is the most sexist law I've ever heard. Why is Nigeria like this?
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by thesicilian: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2022
Bobbiee:
So a friend of mine, recently divorced, wanted to rent a flat somewhere in Lagos, and she found out the hard way that there's a law in Lagos barring women from renting apartments without a man involved. This is the most sexist law I've ever heard. Why is Nigeria like this?
You should be smarter than this
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by godofuck231: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2022
Most of the single women are toxic , they can't even address the property owner with respect when there's a conflict it ends up in a fight or police issues , they don't maintain the property some dont pay utility bills , some other type use the building as a hostel for sex merchants who sell stale kpomo and they have a poor hygiene regimen

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Bobbiee: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2022
godofuck231:
Most of the single women are toxic , they can't even address the property owner with respect when there's a conflict it ends up in a fight or police issues , they don't maintain the property some dont pay utility bills , some other type use the building as a hostel for sex merchants who sell stale kpomo and they have a poor hygiene regimen

Wow! Stone age mentality. I can't believe people like you actually wake up in the morning everyday with such thoughts running through your brain.
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Bobbiee: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2022
thesicilian:

You should be smarter than this

Oh, enlighten me, Mr Smart man
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by youngsahito(m): 9:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Bobbiee:
is it on the island or mainland?
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Bobbiee: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
youngsahito:
is it on the island or mainland?

On the mainland.
Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
Strange but i like it

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by godofuck231: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Bobbiee:

Wow! Stone age mentality. I can't believe people like you actually wake up in the morning everyday with such thoughts running through your brain.
sorry na you ask question no vex , but as for the truth? Thats it , deal with it

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Women Allowed To Rent Flats In Lagos? by Bobbiee: 7:11am On Jul 27, 2022
Everyday I find out new things about the people of Nigeria that makes me hasten my drive to leave this country as soon as possible. Please note, the problem in Nigeria are the Nigerians not the country itself. And there is no hope seeing as these people have lost their shred of humanity and sense of right from wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring And Motivating Quotes That Will Amplify Your Ideas / Used Household Items For Sale In Port Harcourt / Fenced With Gate 2plots Of Land For Sale By Cedarcare Hospital Ogombo Ajah. PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.