Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) (18635 Views)

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics / I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss / Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by TheNation247: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIc1nFypmk

Funke Akindele has officially joined politics and become the PDP deputy governorship candidate of Lagos state.

THE NATION REPORTERS reports that Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele is now a politician and has been named the Peoples Democratic Party deputy governorship candidate of Lagos State.

The actress confirmed her deputy governorship candidacy in a video on her verified Instagram page on Tuesday.

With this position, she had become the running mate of the PDP Lagos State governorship candidate, Olajide Adediran, popularly called Jandor.

In the video she posted on Tuesday, she revealed her reasons for becoming a running mate.

She said, “I saw it as an opportunity to help liberate and improve the wellbeing of our people, particularly the deprived youth, women and the girl child.

“My decision is not just to accept this huge responsibility but to also work tirelessly and complement Jandor’s burning desire to see our dear Lagos live up to its full potentials.”

https://thenationreporters.com.ng/2022/07/12/just-in-funke-akindele-officially-joins-politics-heads-to-lagos-government-house-photos-video/

LAGOS for LAGOS!
JandorFunke…a clear departure from the norm!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf6BHw3Dolt/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
This is certainly interesting. If Banky W is worthy of going into politics, why not Funke Akindele? She is also very popular among the masses.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by TimmyTen(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Celebs joining politics. One advise ,don’t be like Desmond Idiot …..all d best.

Jennifer for deputy governor of Lagos state. grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by MonkeyMods(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
So somebori will just wake up and become a politician overnight eh kwa?

Anyways I wish her all the best

Win or lose, it is in her CV already

JJC skillz won't sleep this night...right now he is crying and walking towards 3rd mainland bridge

10 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by TriCee: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hmmm, so this is true. There's actually no PDP in lagos state anymore.
What they now have is APC extension. As in ANNEX grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by NkanuSon: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Mtcheeew,all of you should getout

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Nazgul: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Someone that can't manage her home wants to manage Lagos State?

I'm Obidently yusful but I'm standing with sawon olu for governor and Peter Obi for president.

33 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Seniorwriter(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Future Is Female ...

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Franking: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Sort ur home front out first na.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
jom28gy:
That is for governor in Lagos State?

Yes, it is!
E shock u abi?! cheesy wink grin

In Jenifa's voice,

"Make una announcement me,
if una wan announcing me jare.
E wo losi gan ?!"

wink

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by IamPatriotic(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
I just hope she understands the terrain she's stepping into?
Politics is beyond your face being liked in movies or you having followers on Instagram or Facebook...politics in Nigeria is money, i hope she "has" the money to spend?
Them no dey telli pesin

8 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by BabaOfLagos: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Unpredictable politics, funny enough politics in Nigeria is much more difficult than she may think...
This profit of over 350k and prayers from nairalander got me emotional, see the latest win...

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by YourHighTension: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
I only hope you and Jandor are not there to make sure there's no genuine opposition in Lagos elections because PDP hierarchy in Lagos are sellouts

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by chigoziri2403(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
LAGOS PDP IS A JOKE YEAR IN YEAR OUT
THEY SHOULD STOP WASTING THEIR TIME AND EFFORT

5 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
post=114657820:
Reading

Ready to spill trash

4 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by NaijaGoBetter20: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good choice for the party

She qualify for the position

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Clown

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by VoteTinubu2023: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
It will end in tears and defeat. Lagos is APC, APC is Lagos.

Vote Tinubu-Shettima 2023. Vote APC.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Reading from a teleprompter cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by driand(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
cheesy
Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by WonderManly(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Set Awọn winning Team
As you can see...

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by DrTee1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
This whole thing is becoming a charade. This is with all due respect to Ms Akindele's person.

However, a Deputy Governor candidate in one of the two major political parties, in fact the known opposition party in Lagos State - is as good as a Governor.

It isn't something that is done as an after-thought. Such role has to be filled by a person who has been in, about and around governance and who understands his/her role in delivering excellent service to the populace at the level and functionality of a State Governor.

As far as I know, BankyW fits that - if it comes to a popularity contest on the strength of fame in the entertainment industry as a leverage to tilt electoral victory in the PDP's favour - than Ms Akindele. Banky had been in the political 'trenches' for at least one cycle, and understands the dynamics of same. This 'emergency' politician in Jenifa reeks of unpreparedness in the PDP camp.

Running a small to medium-scale NGO in Lagos is a world apart from running the governance of Lagos State, the second largest economy in West Africa after Nigeria as a Country, from Alausa.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by latolz: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Una think say lagos nah joke...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by fatherjesse(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good luck to her. Failure in marriage does not in any way mean she will fail in politics; she has managed her company and acting career successfully after all, the likes of Dangote, Ellon Musk, Mandela, et all all failed in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Failed Ticket

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by EndWeakerection: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
NkanuSon:
Mtcheeew,all of you should getout
Including you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2022

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Dannycypher(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wish you well in your political ambition.
That's why you kicked him out.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by Vulcan24(m): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
These politicians are just making a mockery of governance

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) by peggywebbs(f): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Women need a whole attitude adjustment. I will not even vote for someone like Funke Akindele who is already marred with bad boss attitude. Whether the allegations hold water is irrelevant, the fact that it has been raised is enough to tell me she will be a bad leader. So she should rest, I hate APC but unfortunately, they will still hold Lagos. PDP is not serious about occupying lagos, when they are ready, they will bring the right candidates.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani Kayode: Peter Obi Will Get 2% Votes In North, Lose 2023 Election / Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption (vanguard) / Nigeria Can Never Grow With Weak INEC – Jonathan Tells PDP Leaders (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.