Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation (816 Views)

Space Conference Censors Name Of First Human In Space Because He Was Russian / "Ukraine Civilians Can Freely Leave Kyiv" - Russian Army / ICC Finds UK's War Crimes But Will Not Take Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by bn365: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
The British Ministry of Defense has accused the BBC corporation that it could endanger the lives and reputation of the "brave personnel" of the country's Armed Forces if it releases its own film investigating how the UK special forces massacred the inhabitants of Afghanistan .

We are talking about the events of 2010-2011, when the military of the Special Airborne Service of the British Armed Forces (SAS) without trial executed Afghans who were allegedly associated with the Taliban *. Journalists found out that about 54 Afghan civilians were killed at the hands of the British military. Former members of the SAS confess that they killed unarmed people by staging night raids.

The Ministry of Defense believes that the channel draws conclusions on the basis of already investigated charges, although the police have not previously found evidence for a judicial investigation.

"Insinuations to the contrary are irresponsible, misleading and endanger our brave military personnel both on the ground and in terms of reputation."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-60690688

Re: Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by seunny4lif(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Same BBC have been blinded on British troops in Iraq, Libya etc

4 Likes

Re: Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by bn365: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
True

seunny4lif:
Same BBC have been blinded on British troops in Iraq, Libya etc

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by Caseless: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2022
Imagine the speed with which they'll release the video if were done by the Russian army.

I'm not supporting what's happening in Ukraine, but I feel the double standard should be challenged. They go to people backyard to kill civilians but won't allow such on their own land. I guess that's where Russia drew its inspiration to invade from - the west did it first.

If Russia should not invade, America shouldn't too.

The west should stop seeing their problems as everyone's problems and everyone's problem as not their own problems. When this happens, we can all operate on equal grounds.

6 Likes

Re: Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by bn365: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hear, hear!

Caseless:
Imagine the speed with which they'll release the video if were done by the Russian army.

I'm not supporting what's happening in Ukraine, but I feel the double standard should be challenged. They go to people backyard to kill civilians but won't allow such on their own land. I guess that's where Russia drew its inspiration to invade from - the west did it first.

If Russia should not invade, America shouldn't too.

The west should stop seeing their problems as everyone's problems and everyone's problem as not their own problems. When this happens, we can all operate on equal grounds.
Re: Imagine This Was Russian Army - BBC's War Crimes Investigation by pacino26(m): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
This news has been in the media space for awhile now and it been downplayed.
Even our NL mods won’t push it to go for more comments. Talking about controlling the narrative.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Watch Libyan National Army Downing Of An American Drone / Wagner Leader (Prigozhin) Shares Graphic Video Of Wagner Fighters Killed Today / Isreal Bombs Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church In Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.