Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? (692 Views)

Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Nigerians Wait For Election Result – In Pictures / Corruption Is Different From Stealing,just Small 10billion They Begin To Shout! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by CyberG: 1:54am On Jul 28, 2011
I remember in the days of Yar'Adua, there was a lot of debate about his governance, failures, 7 point agenda, Vision 20:2020, rule of law, etc almost throughout his ill-fated presidency. So, GEJ is ~3 months into his (new) tenure and he has not cut the image of a president that will accomplish anything significant except extend his tenure, promote insecurity by doing nothing or best pacifying the radical elements, accumulate IOUs he cannot pay and leave Nigeria no better than he met it. So I ask, when will Nigerians begin to ask very serious questions from this guy? Will people wait for 4 years until he comes to tell you stories of waiting for another 4 years before you can get power, good healthcare, security, recover some pride to be Nigerian, diversify and grow the economy, etc, etc? Right now, he wants a third term by subterfuge and that old fox and minister of propaganda Abati is already helping him to oil and spin the propaganda he needs to unleash his "Fresh Air" on you Nigerians? Nigerians, you have the better of 4 years to act now to influence governance and demand accountability from this guy before he pulls another scam on you!
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Jul 28, 2011
CyberG:

I remember in the days of Yar'Adua, there was a lot of debate about his governance, failures, 7 point agenda, Vision 20:2020, rule of law, etc almost throughout his ill-fated presidency. So, GEJ is ~3 months into his (new) tenure and he has not cut the image of a president that will accomplish anything significant except extend his tenure, promote insecurity by doing nothing or best pacifying the radical elements, accumulate IOUs he cannot pay and leave Nigeria no better than he met it.

um . . . The man has been president for 15 months, not 3! grin grin grin grin

Maybe we should all wait till he has spent at least 100 months before we start doing gra gra now! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 28, 2011
Vision 20:20 has changed to Vision 20:90

Blind ppl.
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by Johndoe100(m): 2:12am On Jul 28, 2011
Don't you people get it? We have chosen. We chose GEJ, please allow him to do what we elected him to do. Internet Nigerians and other haters should go hug a transformer.
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by CyberG: 3:25am On Jul 28, 2011
@Kobo. . .yes, I agree it is more than 3 months and that is why I put "(new)" in the post. . .just for ardent defenders can at least reason that not even counting his past failures and non-performance, what about NOW? There is no excuse for anyone employed for any job he is supposedly qualified for to still be "interning" or "on the job training" after over 1 year!

@Johndoe: You don't understand that I am not against that he was "elected". . .but being held accountable to that mandate he was given by "election". Every serious president and progressive society knows that governance is not merely being left alone to do something or anything! The first 3 months is enough to set some concrete agenda which would be pursued so vigorously in the next 1 year and beyond! Do you know that even a mere graduate student will be put to his paces in less than 3 months after he joins a research group? And guess what? He will have to answer very tough questions about his work, results and failures not next year but almost on an on-going weekly/bi-weekly basis. Why should the president who sets the agenda and governs over 150+ million people be different? Where do you live by the way?

The problems in Nigeria are very simple basic questions that can be solved without any new engineering or scientific discovery or research! If the government (through private sector investment, or public or partnership) wants to light up the whole of Nigeria, generate electricity, distribute, bill, etc, there is nothing difficult because it has been done so much everywhere else. Turbines, transformers, gas, etc when assembled and powered will deliver light and a meter will bill it, no? Why can't measurable and achievable objectives be set and achieved in a year or less and then you can say in 2, 3 or X years Y and Z will be done!? Same goes for gas (petrol), then growing and enabling an industrial economy. What does Nigeria need? Human beings with brains? There are millions of them here. . .paid fat by other countries and trained extremely well to use their brains to solve real problems here. What will Jonathan do about it NOW? Not tomorrow.

Going on FB is totally useless, what if Zuckerberg did not create FB? FB runs on computers, powered by electricity and software written by human beings, some Nigerians! What will Jonathan do, in real terms, not campaign promises NOW to ensure the next great idea is birthed in an enabling environment called Nigeria? We need real progress and by waiting and waiting for an industrial economy in 20:10000 without any progress in 2011:NOW, its a total JOKE and waste of time. I wish NL, and the streets of Lagos, Abuja, PH, Enugu, Sokoto, Kano, Jos, Kaduna, Bayelsa and their corridors of power will be filled with this kind of discussion, conversation and negotiations for real progress! If we are not careful, even the youngest Nigerian will not inherit anything from their parents / country if we keep "leaving him alone". We just CANNOT leave him alone for 4 years!!
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by Becomrich11: 3:28am On Jul 28, 2011
jonathan look like , he either has no clue or have nothing for nigerian. I watch nigeria television. He has not show an plan. even thinks look worst. there is no kerosene etc. and NEPA. no light. The television station light go blank everyday,
Re: How Long Will Nigerians Wait Before They Begin To Hold Gej Accountable? by CyberG: 3:49am On Jul 28, 2011
Yes Becomerich. . .I agree with you! This is the issue that is bothering me and should bother everyone more seriously! How can our parents tell stories of the 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s saying Nigeria was good, this and that but with all the advancement in the whole world now, Nigeria is worse than 60 years ago? If he has no clue as he does appear, it is enough reason to never leave him alone! Can anyone imagine being in a car (your own car) driven by someone who has no clue, well paid and for 4 years and you go to sleep because you already hired him for the job? Koboj, Becomerich, Ileke and a lot of passionate people do not have problems of power failure (plenty in Nigeria), healthcare (not working), security (not available), education (not affordable, not possible), transportation (too expensive), food (too costly, stale), pollution from generator and smoke (overwhelming), progressive society (not applicable), and I can go on and on yet they are more fired-up than Nigerians that live and breathe Nigerian air everyday! This is where we (Nigerians) should focus ALL of our energies before this government takes us nowhere in 4 or 8 years! Over here, for all the efforts of our leaders who do quite some work and miles ahead of Nigerian leaders, they cannot breathe for the pressure they are under everyday. No wonder their society is progressing and Nigeria needs this IMMEDIATELY not waiting for 20:2020 or 2015 or tenure elongation!

(1) (Reply)

I Ran Into Trouble With Buhari Over Ex-gov Alli’s Security Vote / Bomb Discovered In Bauchi State / Empire Of The City - Ring Of Power - Goal Is One World Empire And One World Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.