Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Another Building Collapses In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Another Building Collapses In Lagos (24191 Views)

Fire Guts Another Building In Lagos (Photos) / Another Building Collapses In Onitsha, Five Escape Death / Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by kals4luv990(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Cobra get ALPHA?..just asking oo

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Candidlady: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hotfreezer:

Yet, "I will take you to Lagos" is what they used to toast your mother

Lmao

Do they really use such to toast ladies?

OMG

Anyways my mum stays in abuja

Still laughing here cheesy
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by BluntCrazeMan: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Wetin Tinubu Dey Cause
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by kernniejay(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
BAT's selfish ambition surpasses the interest of any religious or tribal group in Nigeria, that is why he is more concerned about strategy for winning the election more than the representation of any religious faith in his government.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Worldlegend(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
crixlight2:
Waiting for dem to blame Tinubu for this again grin

Agbado master's hand work
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Christboy320(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chaii what a loss
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Erdura44: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
see below

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Martinsovih(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
I keep hearing people say Tinubu built Lagos and the buildings are collapsing every day. Una sure the old man use better cement and rodes
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
Materials are no longer up to standard and owners of buildings are still managing the materials.

And if you tell them to engage professionals,na lie,they will say their uncle is a bricklayer.

If I'm to supervise the construction of your building and you are managing materials,will just hands up and leave you before you give me a bad name..

Peace of mind is priceless
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by deflover(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Jesus a whole Lagos that tinubu built
was it owo mi da foundation shocked
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by dangoteinlaw: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
Materials are no longer up to standard and owners of buildings are still managing the materials.

And if you tell them to engage professionals,na lie,they will say their uncle is a bricklayer.

If I'm to supervise the construction of your building and you are managing materials,will just hands up and leave you before you give me a bad name..

Peace of mind is priceless
they will tell u their uncle who is a carpenter has built 3 hotels untop water. I keep saying this once architects and Engineers start going hungry then expect countless loss of lives from building collapse. Most Engineers I know have taken up other sources of income some are even thinking of quiting the profession because quacks have totally taken over. A client will be pricing professionals like they pricing a commodity.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by crixlight2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
Worldlegend:

Agbado master's hand work
Tinubu don subscribe for premium dragging from Ibo people , Jagaban Ibo nightmare
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by PapaMama9ja: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
You seem to know the environment very well. There had been series of petition to Lagos state Environmental Protection Agency about that same plot but due to high connection they always ignore. The owners of that building are in government in Lagos state at least the Vice-Chairman of Apapa Local Government so there is huge problem in our system. They are aware the building is long gone yet they keep doing mending with plaster. The immediate 3 to 4 building in the radius of 50meters is also in a serious state of collapse. God help them

emmanuelbrown26:
Lackadaisical attitude most landlord in Lagos is just d major cause of this collapse.
Also, sometimes afonjas seems to be careless in living, there is one at one end, d structure of d building was suppose to be a storey but d landlord added 2 more making it 3 instead of 1 without a pillar and people hv being living their for many years (from my enquiry)..
Beside d 3 storey building is also a bungalow, that structure won't last more than 5years before d havoc would occur and I pity those living there.
Rest in peace in advance to those that would witness d collapse of d building.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
they will tell u their uncle who is a carpenter has built 3 hotels untop water. I keep saying this once architects and Engineers start going hungry then expect countless loss of lives from building collapse. Most Engineers I know have taken up other sources of income some are even thinking of quiting the profession because quacks have totally taken over. A client will be pricing professionals like they pricing a commodity.
you are very correct,imaging someone asking a bricklayer to do costing for him because he feels the materials I costed him is much,funny enough,he's the one who will be getting the materials himself o,but he wants to reduce the materials,so he needs a confirmation from a bricklayer,a decking for that matter.

If it collapse now,they will say village people
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by KristaPretty(f): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
I blame buhari for everything going on in that country called Nigeria

Nothing you fit tell me
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
By 2023, there won't be any building in Lagos cos all of them would have collapsed.

This I have seen.

AbegO!
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by 360command: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
Don't know why we continue to do things wrongly in this country. Every contractor needs to go to school to learn how to build. Upon completion, you get a license. A bricklayer cannot wake up one morning, learn from the contractor after 6months and say he wants to be a contractor. He must go through school and obtain license.

After every segment of the building is done ,for example: foundation , there need to be govt housing agent that will come inspect it, check the materials used before given them the go ahead. And this should be done in stages..

If any contractor is not proficient enough, his license must be withdrawn.. this is how you create job through construction, from the bricklayer and masons to the government agency..
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by obism1: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by Redoil: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
yet people are making millions of dollar every day
Suspect33:
Serious traffic

smelling city

poor drainage

Collapsing buildings

flooded roads

overpriced restaurants

overhyped real estate

poor road network

Mr. Agbado's legacy; Lagos
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by femilistic1346: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
BadNews:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
buh if it Was something good that happened in Lagos you would have giving the glory to tinubu

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by wiseoneking: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
crixlight2:
Waiting for dem to blame Tinubu for this again grin
Tinubu don finally buy market today from Peter Obi supporter. Like say na him be the Enginer
Your conscience is pricking you. Lagos this Lagos that , Tinubu built Lagos but it's second most unliveable places in the world. The most flooded city in sub Saharan Africa and the only mega city in the world without rail line. Shame shame shame. You guys talk too much to your own shame and vomit. You are now guilty that one will point out the huge emptiness if Asiwaju. Tears of the guilty
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
Sabadon:
Ahhhh Again? Why are we so laxed about quality control undecided
becos no one gives a shiiiit about life
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by 729aleeza: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
The usual suspects will cry marginalisation.The usual suspects will cry marginalisation....
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by chysam: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
Obidients must be held responsible
Na one of their campaign strategies to tarnish Jagaban and ensure Obi's emergence

Oya let's go and arrest them at Alaba arago
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by pacespot(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
These buildings collapsing might be linked to flooding o shocked
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by NoQualmz: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
minfo:
If other state governors most especially eastern states develop their regions, Lagos won't be too congested as it is now.

True

Especially states like Enugu,Imo,Abia and Ebonyi...even Delta state.

I must confess to you that Anambra is also feeling the heat just as Lagos is; Anambra state is overwhelmed too,the rate of growth in population from last year to early this year in Anambra has experienced tremendous increase... due to poor governance and incompetency of governors from these states there is so much influx of pple from the neighboring states
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos by NoQualmz: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
grin
FalseProphet1:
By 2023, there won't be any building in Lagos cos all of them would have collapsed.

This I have seen.

e.diot grin

My house will stand strong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible? / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project / Architectural Design Challenge - Post Your Design !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.