Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video (17283 Views)

How I Prepared 2 Yam Delicacies. Which One Do You Prefer? (pics And Videos) / See How I Prepared Delicious And Well Spiced Grilled Fish (pics And Video) / Lady Saw Wall Gecko In Her Zobo Drink After Drinking (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by Quim2: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by HRMK: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

Ok, thanks for your comment. That's why the video is there for your reference.
how many nigerians culd afford a good android phone?
Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by BigCowH0rn: 3:03am On Jul 15, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

I understood your comment to mean a suggestion and not a question, that is why I referred you to the video for more details. However, now that you have come out albeit more clearly to ask for the steps, please see below:
1. Wash the hibiscus leaves thoroughly and boil in water for about 20 minutes with the pineapple peel. Sieve out the leaves, allow to cool.
2. Blend the pineapple, cucumber and ginger together with a glass of water and sieve out the juice.
3. Pour the juice into the now warm hibiscus leaves and stir, then add sweetener of your choice. Drink is ready to be served, enjoy chilled or warm.

Learning is an important part of life and I take feedback very seriously, be it positive or negative. I listen very carefully to my audience (yourself included) and try to hear even the things that are not said, which I admit I may not always be successful with.

I think that perhaps you should have been a bit more clearer with your request instead of generalising that all Africans never understand audience. We may not be as perfect as you like, but at least we make effort to be better with the feedback that you give.

It may interest you to know that most of my voiced videos are fully transcribed with subtitles available in at least 5 international languages. This is a result of feedback that I once received.

Thanks. I appreciate this...

You see, I live in a ridiculously expensive part of Lagos...

I love zobo so much but it's expensive here yet once you leave Lekki to other parts of Lagos the same Zobo becomes terribly cheap but kinda unhygienic cos it's packaged into used plastic bottles

Since Hausa people sell the red hibiscus petals/flowers in most open air grain markets i'm always tempted to buy much of it and make my own drinks but never knew how and never bothered to check until your post.

May i ask why you chose to make use of pineapple peels people normally throw away? Is there some kinda nutrient in it.
Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by DiomaKitchen: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2022
BigCowH0rn:

Thanks. I appreciate this...

You see, I live in a ridiculously expensive part of Lagos...

I love zobo so much but it's expensive here yet once you leave Lekki to other parts of Lagos the same Zobo becomes terribly cheap but kinda unhygienic cos it's packaged into used plastic bottles

Since Hausa people sell the red hibiscus petals/flowers in most open air grain markets i'm always tempted to buy much of it and make my own drinks but never knew how and never bothered to check until your post.

May i ask why you chose to make use of pineapple peels people normally throw away? Is there some kinda nutrient in it.

You're welcome.

I totally agree that the hygiene level of most Zobo drinks in the market today is not the best. Making it yourself or getting it from trusted sources is the best way to assure the quality.

Pineapple peels are known to be rich in Vitamins particularly vitamin C. They also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties just to name a few. It also gives a unique "natural pineapple" flavour to the Zobo.
I encourage you to read more on this topic.

Please ensure to wash your pineapple properly before using the peels.

You may also want to visit my YouTube channel to see my other recipes, I believe you will find other interesting meals there. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DiomaKitchen
Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by BigCowH0rn: 6:46am On Jul 17, 2022
DiomaKitchen:

You're welcome.

I totally agree that the hygiene level of most Zobo drinks in the market today is not the best. Making it yourself or getting it from trusted sources is the best way to assure the quality.

Pineapple peels are known to be rich in Vitamins particularly vitamin C. They also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties just to name a few. It also gives a unique "natural pineapple" flavour to the Zobo.
I encourage you to read more on this topic.

Please ensure to wash your pineapple properly before using the peels.

You may also want to visit my YouTube channel to see my other recipes, I believe you will find other interesting meals there. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DiomaKitchen

Help! Help!! Helpppppppppppppppppp!!!

Ms Dioma wants to turn a guy man into a full time kitchen simp ooo.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Your channel is cool but i must get married before going there again so it's bookmarked for now.
Re: How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video by DiomaKitchen: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
BigCowH0rn:

Help! Help!! Helpppppppppppppppppp!!!

Ms Dioma wants to turn a guy man into a full time kitchen simp ooo.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Your channel is cool but i must get married before going there again so it's bookmarked for now.

smiley Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video / Why Is Africa Foods Very Smelling? / Cooking Jollof Rice With Only Tinned Tomatoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.