Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Donbass Republic Reveals Execution Method For Foreign Fighters - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donbass Republic Reveals Execution Method For Foreign Fighters (338 Views)

Watch Some Nato Mercenaries Foreign Fighters Running Away From Ukraine / Its Official, Donbass Republic Fully Liberated / Ukraine Taking Foreign Fighters From All Continents Except Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Donbass Republic Reveals Execution Method For Foreign Fighters by Kewtt: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Three convicted foreign volunteers who fought for Ukraine and were captured in Donbass will be executed by firing squad if their appeals are not granted by the court, the head of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), Denis Pushilin, said on Wednesday.

On June 9, the republic’s Supreme Court sentenced three foreign fighters – two Britons and one Moroccan – to death, finding them guilty of being mercenaries and taking part in “Ukraine’s armed aggression,” attempting to overthrow the government of the DPR. Aiden Aslin, Shaun Pinner, and Brahim Saaudun appealed the verdict.

“All foreigners filed an appeal; we are waiting for the court hearing. If the court finds a measure of punishment appropriate, then the cases will be transferred to the executive service for the implementation of the sentence. It is carried out by firing squad,” Pushilin said.

Firing squad? I see the DPR is a traditional east European republic. It is a manly and soldierly thing to do to face a firing squad with bravery, even if you realize you were wrong to do what you did. Here in the west we believe in allowing prisoners of war to live as it discourages surrender if you don't just as btfofffice commented. The mercenaries were properly uniformed, spies are of course shot as a matter of routine. Unless the country they are working for pays a ransom. Thus, spies are valuable to both sides. I know, holding prisoners is a costly affair. Sometimes you simply can't afford such 'luxuries'. If they are to be shot it should be done immediately on the battlefield at the time of capture, in the heat of battle and the other side should be prevented from hearing about the deed.*****Too late for that sensible course of action in the case of these 'foreign mercenaries'. I would suggest dangling them in front of the world as an object lesson and to improve their value. Unfortunately, the Western Dictatorships are censoring the whole thing. Only if executed, 'barbarically' would the news hit the western propaganda rags. However, the governments know.*****If the captured prisoners of war are to be executed this is a decision of a sovereign state. The West does not seem to be making any efforts to save them. Best if it's done quickly and use the preferred option, execution on the field of battle if others are captured. Advertise the preferred option as it would discourage others from volunteering. Treating them badly in prison would also stiffen their resolve not to surrender as it did our soldiers who fought the Japanese in the Asian theater of the Great Patriotic War.*****That said I would again try to establish a new tradition. Instead of a firing squad which can be a hit or miss proposition (pun intended) I would advocate Maxwell's Hammer. A great weight of concrete-filled or even gravel-filled stainless steel. Smashing the head of the convicted offender, instantly and mercifully. It's actually more merciful and swifter than any other thing I can think of. Thus I advocate its usage. A bit messy of course but with proper enclosure and a handy hose of water for other client's sensibilities it would be quite usable. Mercy is a virtue and a mercifully quick and painless death is not a gift to be despised. It is said that even with a guillotine the severed head retains some awareness until the brain activity finally ends. The drug induced death requires medical professionals who should not be involved in actually dealing death instead of healing. All the other methods, including cement overshoes, gas chambers disguised as showers and other frivolities are less preferable to my sensibilities. smileysmiley Is an intense beam of radiation instantaneous or do you just get a slow painful death? It would be cleaner and neater but would it be sweeter? Certainly more difficult for lower tech societies to arrange and less theatrical as well. Compressed air driven spikes through the head are certainly respectable and neater as well but public execution is supposed to be an object lesson for the populace. Otherwise, what use is it? The splatter of the head should be broadcast in high definition with excellent audio as well, on all channels of public communication.*****God Bless Us All

Re: Donbass Republic Reveals Execution Method For Foreign Fighters by Kewtt: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
your suggestions are welcome
Re: Donbass Republic Reveals Execution Method For Foreign Fighters by babyboy4every1: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
Me prefer them beheaded

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Rouble Is Soaring And Putin Is Stronger Than Ever, Our Sanctions Have Backfi / MAGA Republican From Ghana Now US Citizen Sends A Powerful Message To Joe Biden / Col. Doug Macgregor - Ukraine Russia Latest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.