Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. (1319 Views)

Open Plea To Mods And Supermods In Romance Section / Seun/all Supermods.your Attention Is Needed.naijaloaded Stealing Our Content*pic / Dear NL Mods And Supermods, I Can Moderate This Section! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
toba:
Semid, why u dey fall my hand nah? Most of what i said on the thread were probability which implies uncertainty. U go school pass me nah.

Ok, I hear you but how ''old man'' like me wey get white bear bear and with only WAEC take go school pass you wey get 1st and 2nd degrees wey dey enable you innovate great ideas like ''rotational moderatorship'' undecided?

toba:
Huh BTW, im female n not male. Im searching. U available?

Guy, I no believe you but assuming it's true. . .e  nor go pure make we hook up cos you too get ''stronghead'' and me go turn you into punching bag and dey beat you everyday grin

By the way, that Frontbot has been in operation for sometime now. First noticed it the day after you put up this thread. . . and if my memory serves me right, it's been used before in the past.
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by Jarus(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2011
I also saw this Frontbot when i, inexplicably, found myself on the shoutbox archive yesterday.

So who be frontbox? A humanbeing or a bot worked out to auto-send topics to frontpage? Pardon my naivete o
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
Theres every posibility that my idea may have been put into consideration. After all we now have 2 new supermods 'frontbot' and boriswole
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
It's a bot programmed to auto-send ''hot'' topics to the Frontpage and it seems it's priority is set for threads from the politics section

If you observe closely, you'd notice the title of the threads moved to the homepage by the Frontbot are not modified at all unlike the threads moved there by the Admin or Super Moderators.

It's quite intelligent and seems to be doing a very good job IMO grin
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by Jarus(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
Exactly my thought.
Interesting. Na wa o.
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by Odunnu: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
Semid na wa for your analysis o.
Egbon mi Jarus, someone is asking if the 1st class you got is credible or you had to sort your way thru. Lemme get the link for you. . . ehen here is it https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-726062.0.html
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
Though the 'bot' idea is cool though but then, the human effect cant be underestimated or over emphasised cos other boards that its not programmed for will require 'human hand' posting topics therefrom on homepage
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by blank(f): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
I think they are members that have changed their usernames so people will not realise who they are. Or they could be member's of Seun's family. No reason why Nland can not become a family business.
Re: Boriswole and 'frontbot' Now Supermods. by olawalebabs(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2011
this "auto" machine will not do the job. Not all "hot" topics deserve the frontpage. Some are "hot" just to correct the "stupidity" of the OP, this is mostly the case in the joke section.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Keeps You Going When You Are Down? / The Seven Kinds Of Givers / The Ranting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.