Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. (41823 Views)

No One Will Get Preferential Treatment In Demolition Exercise – LASG / Gov Soludo Continues Demolition Of Illegal Structures In Onitsha(video) / Governor Soludo Receives Obi Cubana In Government House Awka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by kozmokaz(m): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Gubioma:
Dan Borno(Kanuri Boy)......

As how..?where do u want them to go the owners of houses..? I swear Nigerian politician are big problem of this Nation.

Shikenan nagode

Firstly there is something called planing

Most of this home owners knew what they where venturing into yet thought they could gresse some palm to amend things to there favor

Welcome to a new dispensation

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by ufotunang: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Is this what you promised in your election campaign..to demolish properties instead of building and developing
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by slowice(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
If you build on waterway you can't in all honesty expect to be compensated. I mean, are we now applauding bad behaviour?

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by GerogeI(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Destruction is easy. Creation is hard.
We elected Soludo to create wealth for our people, not to impoverish them.

We are not just in a third world country, we are also politically and economically disadvantaged in Nigeria. Anything you see in Onitsha was built from 20 pounds handout from which our parents restarted after the war.

Any Igbo Governor that rides shod on people to mimick El Rufai in demolishing properties without proper plan for restitution is living in a Utopian Nigeria.

I am waiting to hear of resititution amounts paid by Soludo. People mught be wrong in building, but from where we are coming from, we must be grateful that they built for that put food on our tables.

More importantly, I am waiting to hear of Soludo's prowess in seeding new industrial sectors that will blossom.

His leverage on his international connections to attract single digit funds for our industrial entrepreneurs to startup and compete with Lagos and Ogun State.

His genuis in attracting foreign investment and worldbank grants to build at least 3 new industrial layouts accross the state, with well developed logistics and Gas power solutions spanning from road network to rail and water all taking advantage of Onitsha port.

Am still hoping to hear Soludos plans for Onitsha port. How he will develop an offshore Ship to Ship lightering terminal that will allow barges to bring containers straight to Onitsha port.

What of Orient petroleum and Anambra oil fields. Where is Soludos plans on how to produce more, refine all, creating jobs and winning all of Nigerias hydrocarbon market. The modular Refinery plans laid by Obi, which sent shivers down the spin of downstream retailers, and for which MOMAN launched the Dangote Refinery.

What of the low hanging fruits of food process industries in Anambra North. How will Anambra state get a city in Anambra North that will grow to be the foremost in food processing in Nigeria. With Logistics enablers to give them the leverage to out compete others.

Kogi State, has huge Iron deposit. Anambra state has peat, Enugu has well matured coal. Where is the Soludo that is building Synergy, with Kogi and Enugu, and using International influence to attract the likes of Mittel to invest in a steel plant. What of partnerships to build coal gasification plants that will allow us be one of the cheapest steel producers in the world just like China. Which will in turn make us the centers for ship building and offfshore oil facilities fabrication for the next decade.

Frankly, if Soludo has no ideas, he should open a forum and we will all comedown to brain storm with him. These kids issues of demolition today and UGM tomorrow are non issues, they fall below what is expected of him.

A. If the society is wealthy, people will bring down poor quality or poor location building and rebuild them in Brown field developments. They will not need to be urged or forced because it will be driven by simple demand and supply. London use to be full of slums and backwaters.

B. UGM has ended because their sponsors have all failed to get any tickets in the Presidential primaries. UGM were neither IPOB nor criminals. They were all political recruits, which Soludo knows too well being a friend and rival to the likes if Andy Uba.

C. Anambra State never had the kind of money to fund the kind of developments we want from Soludo. Just like he was a genius with banking consolidation, we expect him to be a genuus with innovative and international funding. Quit complaining about Obiano and get to work. You win some, you loose some.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Chikeluba25(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good Move Mr. Governor.
Obiano did well... May Soludo do better.

Sometimes I wonder if Obiano's predecessor lived in Awka as a state capital

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by mcbreeze: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Fahdiga:
That's what Soludo should do but it seems man is too stingy.

Compensated when they clearly know that they violated the plan.

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by chigoziri2403(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
tempusfugit:
You dey craze, what of the compensation people should pay for setting up structures on water chanel causing years of flood and destruction? Compensation kill you there
Have you eaten today?
Send your account number let me bless you today
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by haffaze777(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Soludo should destroy all the shanties litter everywhere in Anambra.

God bless Charles chukwuma soludo

3 Likes

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by grandstar(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I hope those whose houses are not in violation of existing physical planning laws will be compensated.

If they are, they won't be demolished. Common sense should tell someone not to build along the drainage canal. It's greed and indiscipline that blinds one to the truth, even I at times.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Fadafada231(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
And some of those whose property were demolished voted for him.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by JaroMan: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
I love this. Time to relocate to my Onitsha and stop all these unwarranted insults from people I can keep in the house and be paying them salary.
Soludo thank you.

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by johnbosco11(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Have you eaten today?
Send your account number let me bless you today
Bless me too
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by AIGL(m): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
iamyemiakins:
Soludo no dey joke

Send mobile top-up Online
Send credit to your family and friends anywhere in the world!
https://aiglglobalmobiletopup.online/

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by AIGL(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Thank you sir. You are actually clear enough and I appreciate your honesty and courtesy. I just want to add public enlightenment especially through the electronic and print media.

LASG is very good at this, when they need to rally their base, they will be everywhere. You will recieve whatsapp video of the Gov. and Deputy making appeals in both English and Yoruba , their social media handles will engage and when you tune to all the 3 radio stations of Lagos state and our LTV, there are documentaries, talkshows, call in programs, adverts and jingles in Yoruba and English to enlighten the public on the benefit of these govt policies.

I am not in Anambra so I can't just assume it is being done but the benefit is huge to ensure that political opponents do not misinform the public the government is serving their interest.

Send mobile top-up Online
Send credit to your family and friends anywhere in the world!
https://aiglglobalmobiletopup.online/
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Buccalcavity2: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
I'm just always happy that I promoted and I'm a fan of Soludo. He will so perform that it will seem that Anambra never had a governor when he leaves.

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by delait: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
Recently journey from Owerri road Onitsha to Asaba end of the Niger Bridge has become anything more than difficult. Please let the Governor do some palliative on that road. The road users are suffering untold hardship. Please Please Our Solution Governor.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
That's how APC bad gorvenance will be demolished without compensation in 2023
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Gubioma: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

Most of this home owners knew what they where venturing into yet thought they could gresse some palm to amend things to there favor

Dan Borno(Kanuri Boy).....

Are they not Nigerian..? Are they not citizens of Anambara...? For that reason they have to right to built house any place that they like.
Some houses ate farm land before,clear by their great-great Fathers before the arrival of this white pigs called Europeans.They settle in that place since before the some that u mention as "Land Planning"
Hope the gov't pays them compensation at the and of the demolition.

Shikenan nagode
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Gubioma: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

Are they not Nigerian..? Are they not citizens of Anambara...? For that reason they have thr right to built house at any place that they like.
Some houses ate farm land before,clear by their great-great Fathers before the arrival of this white pigs called Europeans.They settle in that place since before the something that u mention as "Land Planning"

Shikenan nagode
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
I would like to see some building projects on at least at the same time. Demolition does not inspire confidence.
infini771:
Destroyer. Why don't you build before destroying people's sweat?
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Antai123(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Vawulence can neither be created nor destroy but can be transfered from one form to another.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Kunja2: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Provided the landlords will be properly compensated.

How to be a successful entrepreneur

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by epistleNow(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
It's interesting that you guys are hailing Soludo, saying he should sanitize the state but if its the Lagos state government doing exactly the same you guys will be badmouthing the state.

Folks be consistent !
You are naively showing you are biased and that's why you are not being taken serious in the larger society.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
May Soludo succeed in Jesus name. We are just tired of bad leadership in the country.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by kozmokaz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
Gubioma:

Are they not Nigerian..? Are they not citizens of Anambara...? For that reason they have thr right to built house at any place that they like.
Some houses ate farm land before,clear by their great-great Fathers before the arrival of this white pigs called Europeans.They settle in that place since before the something that u mention as "Land Planning"

Shikenan nagode

The government won't pay a dine if it goes against the state plan or the encroached on government areas which I'm sure they did
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by truthfinder319: 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
Is the roof brown? Shanties need be cleared but do it with human face?

Tomek09:
Happening now!!!

The Anambra State Government continues the demolition exercise in Onitsha Metropolitan Council Area of the State.

The Joint Taskforce comprising of Police, Army, Civil Defence, Anambra Vigilante Group and EbubeAgu is currently demolishing a double storey building and detached buildings of an abbauer market obstructing the Sakamori Nwangele drainage Canal.

This exercise is in line with Governor Soludo's vow to implement the Greater Onitsha Urban Renewal Plan as part of his efforts in reshaping and rebuilding the commercial and industrial hub of Anambra and SouthEast at large.

©
I-Witness Media
Onitsha.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by truthfinder319: 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
Is the roof brown? Shanties need be cleared but do it with human face?
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by victorv12(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Thank you sir. You are actually clear enough and I appreciate your honesty and courtesy. I just want to add public enlightenment especially through the electronic and print media.

LASG is very good at this, when they need to rally their base, they will be everywhere. You will recieve whatsapp video of the Gov. and Deputy making appeals in both English and Yoruba , their social media handles will engage and when you tune to all the 3 radio stations of Lagos state and our LTV, there are documentaries, talkshows, call in programs, adverts and jingles in Yoruba and English to enlighten the public on the benefit of these govt policies.

I am not in Anambra so I can't just assume it is being done but the benefit is huge to ensure that political opponents do not misinform the public the government is serving their interest.

You're a good Nigerian. Someone should forward this information to Anambra State government or send it to Soludo's Twitter account.

1 Like

Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by cenaman(m): 11:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hell-Rufai pro-max.
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by harmony75: 1:25am On Jul 15, 2022
Soludo is not 3months in the office he's already demolishing Anambra state hope he's government is compensating these those after!? The economy is hard these are people's investments being wasted!
Re: Governor Soludo Continues Demolition Exercise In Onitsha. by Powersurge: 2:10am On Jul 15, 2022
kozmokaz:
Sanity must be restored

I am just laughing at you. Sanity must be restored when it comes to pple with no name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plane Carrying Osinbajo Couldn't Land In Akure After Hovering For Many Minutes / Aliko Dangote & Zainab Ahmed Visit The Oil Refinery In Lagos / Tinubu Shares Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.