Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 (114476 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2023 Semi-Finals (4 - 2)pens On 7 Feb 2024 / Argentina vs France : Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Finals (4 - 2)pens On 18/12/22 / Senegal Vs Egypt : AFCON 2021 Finals: 4 - 2 pens On 6th February 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by xareal(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2022
How can onomonu call herself a striker?? Very sluggish,weak, with zero center of gravity..any small touch fiam she don fall

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by otokx(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2022
adefitim:
Alas Na Onumonu killed us

Foreign based scam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by CSTRR: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2022
The difference is IQ.

When you know that nobody wants to see you win, you play your game smart.

This is a game of David versus Goliath.

Nigeria being the Goliath.

Nobody likes a Goliath. We have won it too many times for anybody to like us.

Nigeria should have managed the game better,played it cool, cut out unnecessary fouls and mistakes, and punish the Moroccans with precision.

That is what football goliaths do and we couldn't.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by slex(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
The biased commentary, rubbish..

Morocco will defeat SA, just wait and see.

The officials will. Make sure of that.

Meanwhile, the penalty awarded to the SA team against Zambia, abeg how was that a penalty.

The defender stopped the ball and the sa player jumped into. The defender.

Another VAR error, a morrcan player also did a stump on a Nigerian player and got just a yellow card.

CAF should sanction those North Africans for them always using lasers to distract GK s of other teams, they do this for years and yet nothing is done.

The falcons tried, 9 vs 11?? E easy

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Luckysbab: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
LincolnOnyeabor:
CAF ought to investigate the Morocca Fans Behavior.

They had lasers on all our players throughout the entirety of the match.

Don't even start with me on the Officiating cause this team have literally being carried all through this competition.

It seems there are select interests and select teams that are being positioned to qualify. The Zambian South Africa Match is an example.

All the same, our girls gave it their all and I'm so so proud of them.

*#SoarSuperFalcons

The North Africans have made it an habit to beam lasers into the opponents' faces on their home soil. I don't know how it's been tolerated though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by otokx(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
rollywise:
The moment he congratulated them,I knew it will end in tears

Did he?
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by xareal(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
PJtech:
Y'all ranting onumonu this,that bla bla bla.... Did you watch our second and third match in the group stage? and quater final match?
The lady has been impresive after Oshoala injury. So y'all should stfu and stop capping
she did nothing apart from scoring against the lowest ranked team in Africa
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Lamasta(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
2016easy2017:

The keeper is the worst of the tournament and coupled with this useless Onumonu.
He doesn't deserve a shirt. Ortega could have done better. I don't know why the coach used her
The keeper did not cost us the match though she caused the goal but you see the coach is very very clueless and also Onumonu the moment I saw her on the spot kick I know she will lose hers cos majority are never wrong about an individual.....

All things being equal our girls tried to have hold on till the penalty shoot out.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by KosiGee(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
rastaLivity:
anytime Nigeria looses a match, we must start claiming cheated by the officials. Every single match!. Nigeria committed at least 3 clear handballs that could have easily been given as PK. And the two red cards are clear, sorry if your sentiments can’t see through it

I wish I could like this comment a million times. I think the girls played well. Sad they lost on penalties.

On the positive side, Morocco has invested very well in female football and it’s yielding fruits. It’s no more Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa and Cameroun dominance. I hope they sustain the effort.

Equatorial Guinea did well a few years ago but faded into oblivion but Falcons have been consistent over the years even though we expect a lot from them and truly, they should’ve
grown and developed better than they are at the moment.

This is good for women football in Africa. I hope they all do well in the World Cup….Euro women championship is going on the moment and the quality of football from England, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden and Netherland have been very good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Luckysbab: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
CSTRR:
The difference is IQ.

Nigeria should have managed the game better,played it cool, cut out unnecessary fouls and mistakes, and punish the Moroccans with precision.

That's on the coach, obviously
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by viktor105(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
helinues:

Which other strikers do we have that is better than her presently?
Gift Monday didn't you see her

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by greggng: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2022
I wish our supper chicken will learn from this ladies . They gave their all in far away land . Our men allowed Ghana to disgrace us in our country .federal govt should ban our super eargles with immediate effect and reward this ladies handsomely.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Bukolaberry(f): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2022
rastaLivity:
anytime Nigeria looses a match, we must start claiming cheated by the officials. Every single match!. Nigeria committed at least 3 clear handballs that could have easily been given as PK. And the two red cards are clear, sorry if your sentiments can’t see through it
hmmmmm we are human being and also entitled to our opinion, I expressed myself based on my perspective concerning the match, you are allowed to do same broda
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Femeto: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2022
What the Nigerian team didn’t realize was that everyone was against them from the start of the competition. So going up 10 against 11 with a goal up should have been to play a defensive game but instead we were still attacking and very aggressive. I blame this loss on the coach. Even with 10 men we would have won the game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by CheedyJ(m): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2022
Occurstaem:

I disagree.
I hope you watched the match.
The coach tried with the formation before and after the red cards.
Did you know that we scored first with one red card given to Halimat Ayinde.
We've been winning based on individual brilliance of some of our players, there is really no defined team play especially when we come up against a strong side anyways,that's just my opinion..
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by helinues: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2022
rastaLivity:
some of those handballs, the hands of the players were not in natural position

But it was placed on their body
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Shegricho: 12:05am On Jul 19, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

That's Plumtree's wing o... Na wetin I dey talk since be that, they saw her as the weak link and are capitalising on it

It wasn't even Plumptre wing I was referring to, it was the other side of our defence, Morocco had too many chances there.
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by KosiGee(m): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2022
Lamasta:

The keeper did not cost us the match though she caused the goal but you see the coach is very very clueless and also Onumonu the moment I saw her on the spot kick I know she will lose hers cos majority are never wrong about an individual.....

All things being equal our girls tried to have hold on till the penalty shoot out.....

Get your coaching badge and show the doubting Thomases how to do it.
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by 2016easy2017: 12:05am On Jul 19, 2022
PJtech:
Y'all ranting onumonu this,that bla bla bla.... Did you watch our second and third match in the group stage? and quater final match?
The lady has been impresive after Oshoala injury. So y'all should stfu and stop capping

E be like say u close to this Onumonu
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by helinues: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2022
CheedyJ:

We've been winning based on individual brilliance of some of our players, there is really no defined team play especially when we come up against a strong side anyways,that's just my opinion..

If you look at this team, their are new set of players . SA is ranked above us in this competition due to our struggling performance to qualify. They have not been playing together
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2022
Shegricho:

It wasn't even Plumptre wing I was referring to, it was the other side of our defence, Morocco had too many chances there.
That was Payne's wing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Passionate1(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2022
Ekaka1:

Why you dey laugh me na....atleast she still set a record of playing badly and losing a penalty....icing on her cake...but seriously, I have seen her turn up in some real good games...but like they say, "when it rains , it pours"....2 red cards, 1 goal keeping error, A player having a bad game + missing a penalty...Poor coaching crew decisions ....it was a "tragic night"

Make I enjoy my red wine. . goodnight!
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2022
LaIabobo:

Yes she was. If you watched our past matches, you'll know It was obvious from the 70th minutes that she can't move her legs again. The coach refused to remove her and bring in Ortega

Ordega has too much of powder in her face
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by helinues: 12:07am On Jul 19, 2022
viktor105:
Gift Monday didn't you see her

Can she mark? Rugged? Height? Withdrawing back to defend?
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Lamasta(m): 12:07am On Jul 19, 2022
CSTRR:
The difference is IQ.

Its football there is no way things like this will not happen but in all it was clear that everyone just want the falcons out by all means cos they have won it too many times.
At a point I was asking myself if VAR was off when the Moroccans were committing their fouls

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by rastaLivity: 12:07am On Jul 19, 2022
Luckysbab:

The North Africans have made it an habit to beam lasers into the opponents' faces on their home soil. I don't know how it's been tolerated though.
we didn’t loose because of any laser, they do it in Greece, serbia, romania, Mexico etc leagues too
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Passionate1(m): 12:07am On Jul 19, 2022
2016easy2017:

E be like say u close to this Onumonu
Onumomu na Nnewi girl. .
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by MT: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2022
kingw:

That was Payne's wing

Payne, such a joy to watch!
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Orimogunje51(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Am i d only one feeling satisfied despite the defeat? It's high time we focus more on women football in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Ekaka1(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Passionate1:

Make I enjoy my red wine. . goodnight!
Enjoy jare.....red wine is good for your health... cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by rastaLivity: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2022
helinues:

But it was placed on their body
nevermind, the official cheated you people
Re: Nigeria vs Morocco: WAFCON Semi Finals (4 - 5)pens On 18th July 2022 by Brian47(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Our Girls tried..

It's not easy to play 9 against 11.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (56) (Reply)

Suzy Cortez Tattoos Messi’s Face On Her Groin. Messi Blocks Her On Social Media / Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) / Leicester City Reacts As Ahmed Musa Breaks Their World Cup Goal Record. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.