Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) (30729 Views)

Man Proposes To Girlfriend As She Takes Worship During Church Service (Video) / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly / Church In Ijebu Ode Flooded As Apostle, Others Walk Through Flood To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Realists(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2022
Didijiji:
YES THEY KNOW WE ARE IN TRYING TIMES

THEY NEED TO PRAY AGAINST THE DEMONIC MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET AGENDA OF THE WITCHES COVEN

FLASH BACK
CHRISTIAN-CHRISTIAN TICKETS

1. In 1978, UPN. Presidential torch bearer Chief Awolawo Obafemi picked his running mate Chief Umeadi Phillip (ready to win but failed) Christian/Christian. No comments.

2. 1979, Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe & Prof. Ishaya Audi of Kaduna State ran upon Christian/Christian. You want to know the party? Later!.

3. In 1966-1975 Yakubu Gowon & Joseph Akinwale ruled us Christian/Christian (Military era).

4. Johnson A. Ironsi & Babafemi Ogundipe ruled Nigeria on Christian/Christian (Military era). No noise. Find out the date.

5. Did you know running mate of Chief Tunji Braiwaite? In 1983? Before coup 31st Dec. 1983 or 1st January, 1984?.

6. Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola & Mrs. Erelu Olusola governed Osun State 2003-2010 Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim ends.

7. Barr. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State & his Deputy. Christian/Christian, No noise & comments from Islamic movements.

8. Mr. Ayo Fayose ruled Ekiti from 2014-2018 with his Deputy Niyi Adebayo/Olujimi Abiodun. Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim community.

9. Don't forget Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti 2010-2014 deputised by a Christian. Christian/Christian. No murmuring.

10. Since first democracy to day South-South, South East States has never tasted Muslim deputy Governors not to talk of Governors, 1978 to day Flash back.

Pls let's pray for better governance! Enough of threatening!

The above wizards coven has not yet yeild any good thing for Nigeria.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by sekem: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2022
gentlestdude:
Fools

Very big fools indeed.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by fantastic1: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:
Some of those who stayed back home to worship God will still make heaven while many of those that defied all odds to be in church during flooding will end up in hell. Christianity is not about paparazzi and showmanship.
Who said those who didn’t go to church wouldn’t make heaven? People are practicing their faith which they didn’t rob on anybody’s face and you are bothered.

2 Likes

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by MyExpression(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2022
tete7000:

The much you understand.
Our response to God in times like this is a measure óf our love for him.

A woman in that town who lived a sinful life...

... “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”
Luke 7:37‭-‬47 NIV

If you have been present with Jesus, you would have accused the woman too of showmanship

She wasn't accused of showmanship.
Don't twist the gospel to favour your argument.

You already made a good point.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by mnwogu(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2022
How I wish they can do same to go and get their PVCs and cast their votes appropriately.
When it comes to election now, excuses will full everywhere.
I don't imply that what they did is wrong, but same strength shld to exhibited casting their votes.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by damosky12(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:
Some of those who stayed back home to worship God will still make heaven while many of those that defied all odds to be in church during flooding will end up in hell. Christianity is not about paparazzi and showmanship.

Sacrifice is the keyword. Christianity is about denying your comfort zones to truly serve Christ. This one isn't "paparazzi and showmanship." It is worship. It is devotion. It is sacrifice. Surely, they have more rewards than those who stayed at home.

1 Like

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by iramure(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2022
I see no sense in this. My wish is for Nigerians to get cured from religious stupidity and bondage permanently.

1 Like

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by damosky12(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2022
iramure:
I see no sense in this. My wish is for Nigerians to get cured from religious stupidity and bondage permanently.

Many more will serve Jesus. Nigerians would never get "cured" from following Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:

Abi ooo, if another heavy rain fall while they were in the church and flood wash them away now...... people will be blasphemy God because of their foolishness.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by batb: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:
the almighty have spoken, lol! Yeye dey smell! Mtcheew!
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by MadamExcellency: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:

This is not about making heaven rather of building your Faith.

Romans 10:17 WEB
So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kendollar696(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:

I so much THank God that, HE is not a man. because most of you can never see anything good in what others are doing. Tahhhh!! na everything be show for you? Appreciate them, even Apostle Paul appreciates, when he sees or hear things like this. It shows faith and love for God.

1 Like

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by PepperP: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2022
Love of God
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by zionstaar75: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Tinubu's almighty Lagos, the drug kingpin couldn't even plan his adopted state and give them quality drainage system to reduce the effect of the floodings, spits.
where was it stated that this happened in lagos. funny guy
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by thesicilian: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2022
tete7000:

The much you understand.
Our response to God in times like this is a measure óf our love for him. You call it showmanship to proof you don't need to attend church like them when it is not convenient for you, and to prove yourself righteous in spite of that. Ego is behind your assertion, pride the biggest of all sin dey worry you. I give you the passage of the scripture below to read: "Whoever has been given much love more, whoever has been given little love less"

A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.” Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.” “Tell me, teacher,” he said. “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?” Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.” “You have judged correctly,” Jesus said. Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”
Luke 7:37‭-‬47 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/luk.7.37-47.NIV

If you have been present with Jesus, you would have accused the woman too of showmanship
You may be righ, but the message is, God looks at the heart.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Osashalom: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2022
I salute your courage and determination fellow saints. More grace and strength to us all soldiers of the cross in Jesus name amen
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by thesicilian: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2022
Dafrede:

God rewards faithfulness and steadfastness,if he was to judge these two group based on their actions,I tell you those who were in church will make heaven while those that decided to stay at home will not.
If he were to judge the 2 groups based on their actions alone yes, the ones in church will definitely have the upper hand. But remember that God does not judge based on the standard of men. He looks at the heart. Also consider the possibility that some of those people may only have come to church because they already have a reputation with the pastor, they stay nearby, they have a good means of transportation or any other one of many reasons people do what they do
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by thesicilian: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2022
damosky12:

Sacrifice is the keyword. Christianity is about denying your comfort zones to truly serve Christ. This one isn't "paparazzi and showmanship." It is worship. It is devotion. It is sacrifice. Surely, they have more rewards than those who stated at home.
Most likely, but not surely. And the keywords again are some and truly serve.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by thesicilian: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2022
Kendollar696:

I so much THank God that, HE is not a man. because most of you can never see anything good in what others are doing. Tahhhh!! na everything be show for you? Appreciate them, even Apostle Paul appreciates, when he sees or hear things like this. It shows faith and love for God.
Okay
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by toloohthegreat: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Tinubu's almighty Lagos, the drug kingpin couldn't even plan his adopted state and give them quality drainage system to reduce the effect of the floodings, spits.

Really foolish opinion in the public domain. Even if one was set up since 2007, is it a celestial maintenance required?

Is not even good to think aloud sef!
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Franzinni: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2022
BATtalion 2023.
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by akan102: 9:21am On Jul 15, 2022
officialwdhtv:
Church goers defy all odds to attend church service as their church premises is totally flooded.

May God bless them and answer all their prayers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTx9DxxU_kw

God Almighty bless them in Jesus name amen

Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by damosky12(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2022
thesicilian:

Most likely, but not surely. And the keywords again are some and truly serve.

Well, anyone who suffers inconvenience to serve God SURELY gas a reward for it. That's what my Bible teaches...
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Under the sun or in the rain we must worship him.
Him or your pastors agendas for you? undecided
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
That's great, may God answer their prayers and grant their good heart desires.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
The God that sent them or the one that didn't? undecided
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2022
Generalwoodz:
It's all shades of wrong and not wise at all.
The Priest should've gathered his sheep, give them clear directions, reconvene and call to worship on a much higher ground while the flood subsides.
It's a given that where two or three are gathered God Will always be found.

That priest needs serious reprimand from his lordship the Bishop, and the parishioners ? All needs to ASAP go back to catechism class because they've got a lot to learn.
At least you admit that the sheep belong to the priest and not to God. undecided
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kobojunkie: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2022
tete7000:
The much you understand.
1. Our response to God in times like this is a measure óf our love for him. You call it showmanship to proof you don't need to attend church like them when it is not convenient for you, and to prove yourself righteous in spite of that.

2. Ego is behind your assertion, pride the biggest of all sin dey worry you. I give you the passage of the scripture below to read: "Whoever has been given much love more, whoever has been given little love less"
1. Wrong! Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and teachings- John 14 vs 20 - 25. The response of those in the picture above has absolutely nothing to do with any of that which Jesus Christ commands or teachings, it all amounts to showmanship. undecided

2. It is not prideful to call a spade a spade. It is simply what it is. undecided
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Kobojunkie: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2022
Arysexy:
This is faith at its best.
God bless and answer their prayers.
Like st Paul asked..what will deter me from the love of Christ?
Faith is instead continuous submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. That in that picture has nothing to do with Jesus Christ who never send anyone to attending your churches to begin with, neither did He ask anyone to pray to Him in public or praise Him to begin with. . undecided
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by dazzlingd(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2022
The foolish must suffer
Re: Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2022
And we claim to have a Government?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.