Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP (19705 Views)

Court Allows EFCC To Arrest Senator Albert Bassey For Money Laundering / EFCC To Arraign Senator Albert Bassey For Receiving 12 Cars Worth N254m As Gifts / EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by aminulive: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2022
Senator Albert Bassey Akpan has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Akpan, in a letter to his ward chairman, seen by POLITICS NIGERIA, explained that he intends to contest for the Governorship of Akwa-Ibom state on the platform of another party.

It can be recalled that Pastor Umo Eno is the current gubernatorial flag-bearer of the PDP in the state.

The letter read; "It is with the greatest sense of responsibility, purpose, and love for my people that i make bold this communication.

I have been a loyal and committed member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for over 20 years and have through the platform of the party serve our people, state, and nation diligently without any blemish, and I have by the grace of God contributed positively and impactfully to the growth and development of our dear country, state, and our people in general.

I believe as a law maker and a distinctive one at that must at all times advocate and pursue virtues and values that promote and sustain the effective adherence to the rule of law.

As you are aware, my aspiration to serve our dear state in the office of the Executive Governor is not personal or selfish but rather the collective ambition of our people, based on the principles of justice and equity, to achieve a better and prosperous Akwa Ibom State.

In words of Jean Anouilh and I quote “The only immorality is not to do what one has to do when one has to do it”.

"Therefore, after an extensive consultation with my God, family, friends, supporters, and well-meaning believers in a just and equitable Akwa Ibom State across the world, it’s obvious that these collective yearnings and aspirations cannot be actualised under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)."

"Consequently, guided by the sentiments, concerns and worries of our people so expressed on the need to take immediate steps for the actualisation of their aspirations. I am therefore compelled to resign my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) forthwith."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-senator-albert-bassey-akpan-dumps-pdp-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Yorubalandlord(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2022
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by blazingblender(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2022
OBIdient straight

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Totilopussylick(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2022
The crisis in PDP is chasing away several of

their members up and down tongue tongue tongue

14 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Think9ja(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2022
Ok great

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Okoroawusa: 11:26am On Jul 15, 2022
It's like he is not coming back to the Senate...

All man dey find way to dey relevant

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by TrackerXL: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2022
No one will teach you fools to run n abadon this devilish party till it show you pepper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Karlovich: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2022
embarassed He will soon become OBIdient, the moving train is unstoppable.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by kponkedenge(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2022
Election period reminds me of the transfer window, it's always interesting..... Players Politicians moving from one club party to the other.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by IboHausaYoruba: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2022
Lol! Una never see anything. They have started having sleepless night because of Obi and Obidient people. You think it's a child play for Afenifere to declare for Obi, you think it's a child play for Simon Ekpa to stop sit at home and become Obidient, you think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu didn't see the future to have commanded all Nigerian youth for Obi. At the mention of LP, other parties become jittery. Enough is enough, all old cargos and drug barons must retire from politics by fire by force.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by xpressionx(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2022
These guy and Hon Luke stood with Udom when Akpabio was against him

2 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by AbuAeesha: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2022
one advantage of Nigeria politics is that transfer window is always open.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by bigfish3k: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Obidient straight
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Chijeep(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Apama be his full name if he's not OBIdient
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by kennyz247(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
insignificant to PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by NaijaMutant(f): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Obidients grin
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Seankhalifa: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2022
If pdp and apc people are moving to LP I won't trust d party again
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Abfinest007(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2022
Obidient people say oyee

1 Like

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by kerry57: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2022
Old criminal mofos jumping from frying pan to fire as usual. After 2023 most of u will become enemies of the state and will hardly find a place to hide.

E no go better for the politician wey make this country like this.
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by BigDawsNet: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2022
Why do some couples go to the gym?

Because they want their relationship to work out grin
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by KristaPretty(f): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2022
Politicians in Nigeria are like prostitutes, any available customer who would do them well for the moment.

He can decide to go back to PDP after 5years and they would still accept him
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by PROPHETmichael: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2022
PDP just lost one of its most loyal and committed member in AKS because of impunity.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Crusadee: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2022
;D5
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Administration1: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2022
For fcks sake
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Akfrenzy(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2022
grin
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Milljack: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2022
He's going to contest under YPP for GOVERNORSHIP election in akwa ibom... obidient people be calming down grin grin not every defection is obidient related..this is local politics at work,same thing sen Magnus abe of rivers will do in few days time...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Crusadee: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2022
grin looser

1 Like

Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Meteng: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2022
xpressionx:
These guy and Hon Luke stood with Udom when Akpabio was against him
What’s your point exactly?
Re: Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP by Passionate888: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2022
Uni-fire sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Elders Visit To President Elect Buhari (photos) / NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud / Olumuyiwa Adejobi, Mohammed Aminu, Others Promoted By Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.