Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States (31539 Views)

Tinubu Reacts To Sanwo-Olu's Move To Cancel Pension For Ex Governors & Deputies / Akeredolu Swears-In Newly Elected Local Government Chairmen And Deputies / How Many Christian Governors Do We Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Themandator: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
Biodun556:

Meanwhile before, religion was not a factor in Nigerian politics. It was CAN who raised the issue of religion in 1993 when mko chose kingibe as running mate

Mention the elections in Nigeria before then in which any major party fielded a MM or CC candidates
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by abiodunalabama: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
WibusJaga:

All because of that demonic Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Truth be told; the M-M ticket will heighten religious tensions & further divide the country along religious lines.
&also send the wrong signal to the outside world that Nigeria has been subdued by Islam & that the Christians have no say in the country.
Sentiment will kill u there..Which post does not matter….When it favour christen it doesn’t matter but when is other it does matter hypocrite of u.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by anigbajumo(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
TruthinAction:

Their permutation is wrong because the northern vote will be shared between Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso. The middle belt has a large of Christians also. Even the north east has quite a lot of Christians there too. And most of them there are also obedient.

How many states is under the watch of APC in northern states in comparing to PDP…Kwakwanso won’t win more than two or three states in the NW That’s if he didn’t collapse his structure for highest bidder between APC and PDP….Realistically sE and SS votes is not in APC strategy.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by tctrills: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Biodun556:
Pot calling kettle black.

You can be the judge
It's too late for all these calculations. Most Christians are not voting for Tinubu. Let's see if he would be able to get the majority of the Northern Muslim votes. He would need a lot of Muslims to vote for him to have any chance of winning.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by sylvok: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
The configuration of every state determines the religious combination of its political office holders. Some sate is predominantly Christian examples are Southeast and Southsouth states, some states are predominantly Muslim example northwest and northeast states. other states have a combination of Christians and Muslims in a larger percentage example North Central and Southwest.
in the case of Nigeria as a country that has an equal number of Christians and Muslims. Muslim / Muslim ticket is an aberration and a harbinger of religious crises.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by 2016easy2017: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Midas01:
How does this call for any alarm when christians are not the ones going about killing muslims and other non-christians.

If you had any sense you'd know that there's a sizeable christian population in all those northern
states where christians are either governors or deputies.

In the north particularly there's practically no state without at least a 20% christian population whereas in the south especially SS and SE that is not the case as every state in theese regions have a 99% christian population.

Should we then go look for non existent muslims in these states and give them Governorship just for being muslims ?

Where did you get your statistics from you perpetual liar!!!!
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Themandator:

Mention the elections in Nigeria before then in which any major party fielded a MM or CC candidates

Awolowo in 1979 field christian Christian and even came second in that election
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by victorazy(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
All this post is not necessary at all.
What matters is that Christian-Christian ticket can never be accepted so as Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Thank God some of our Muslim brothers are already preaching against such agenda that will further cause strife, disunity and hate amongst us as a nation with diversities.

A Plus for Obi and Obidients.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Owologbo(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Biodun556:
Pot calling kettle black.
You can be the judge
nobody gives an eff about state because, it's based on the fate divide. You can't say the same thing about the country.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by TruthinAction: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
anigbajumo:

How many states is under the watch of APC in northern states in comparing to PDP…Kwakwanso won’t win more than two or three states in the NW That’s if he didn’t collapse his structure for highest bidder between APC and PDP….Realistically sE and SS votes is not in APC strategy.

You can't ignore the votes Atiku will pull in the north. So it boils down to the name thing. The vote in the north will be divided between Atiku and Tinubu. But South South and South East is for Peter Obi. He will also get a good share in South West and North Central.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Ezechimma(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2022
Biodun556:
angry

Op kindly do a history of the president and vice. Ur statistics are for state/ regional politics. I expect a Muslim/Muslim tickets in the core North while a Christian/Christian tickets in South East and South South. The federal level has always been m/c
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 1:41am On Jul 19, 2022
Ezechimma:

Op kindly do a history of the president and vice. Ur statistics are for state/ regional politics. I expect a Muslim/Muslim tickets in the core North while a Christian/Christian tickets in South East and South South. The federal level has always been m/c

Go through this

Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by psalmsjob: 4:20am On Jul 19, 2022
Great2017:

I am not disputing that with you. However, that is not the reference here. The OP gave a skewed data and submission because of the exclusion of what have been obtainable since democracy. This exclusion made his data and submission skewed from an objective perspective.

Which "exclusion" did the op make again please? Just say it because after he gave the Data for chrustain -christain and muslim-muslim governors which showed there has been more Christian-Christian pairings in the country you said the op should show that of president so you can decide yourself now the Data has also showed that Christian presidents has been more than Muslim president yet you started talking of the op exclusion of somethings....what are those things??
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 6:05am On Jul 19, 2022
psalmsjob:

Which "exclusion" did the op make again please? Just say it because after he gave the Data for chrustain -christain and muslim-muslim governors which showed there has been more Christian-Christian pairings in the country you said the op should show that of president so you can decide yourself now the Data has also showed that Christian presidents has been more than Muslim president yet you started talking of the op exclusion of somethings....what are those things??

quote author=Biodun556 post=114754430] Pot calling kettle black. You can be the judge[/quote]

What does the OP mean by the above statement?

1. 1999 - 2003: SS/SE - Christian-Christian ticket
2. 2003 - 2007; SS/SE -- Christian- Christian ticket
3. 2007 -2011 : SS/SE - Christian-Christian ticket
4. 2011- 2015 : SS/SE - Christian-Christian ticket
5. 2015 - 2019 ; SS/SE - Christian-Christian ticket
6. 2019 - 2023 : SS/SE - Christian-Christian ticket

A. What has really changed since 1999? Nothing.

B. Does 2019- 2023 show exclusion of Muslims as claimed by you and the OP? No, because 2019 - 2023 Christian-Christian ticket is not different from the previous years.

C. Are there Muslims in these zones? From the above data, there maybe Muslims but it seems they are clear minority.

D. If the above is too difficult for you to comprehend then I cannot help.

E. One thing is this, the OP presented a skewed data. That is the reason his judgement is not a reflection of the truth on ground.

F. Muslims are clear minorities in those zones the same way Christians are clear minority in the core Northern States like Sokoto, Katsina and Yobe.

G. It will be magical for Yobe to present a muslim/Christian ticket.

For the Presidency :
1. 1979 - 1983: Muslim-Christian ticket
2. 1999 - 2007: Christian-Muslims ticket
2. 2007 - 2010; Muslim - Christian ticket
3. 2010 - 2015 : Christian-Muslim ticket
4. 2015 - Till Date : Muslim-Christian ticket

Like I said earlier, the OP presented an incomplete or a skewed data to deceive the gullible. You now be the judge yourself.

You can on your own include the military era.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2022
Great2017:

quote author=Biodun556 post=114754430] Pot calling kettle black. You can be the judge

B. Does 2019- 2023 show exclusion of Muslims as claimed by you and the OP? No, because 2019 - 2023 Christian-Christian ticket is not different from the previous years.

C. Are there Muslims in these zones? From the above data, there maybe Muslims but it seems they are clear minority.

E. One thing is this, the OP presented a skewed data. That is the reason his judgement is not a reflection of the truth on ground.

F. Muslims are clear minorities in those zones the same way Christians are clear minority in the core Northern States like Sokoto, Katsina and Yobe.

For the Presidency :

Like I said earlier, the OP presented an incomplete or a skewed data to deceive the gullible. You now be the judge yourself.

Aguiyi Ironsi, Yagubu Gowon were Christian Christian administration back to back
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2022
Biodun556:

Aguiyi Ironsi, Yagubu Gowon were Christian Christian administration back to back
were they elected by Nigerians? Were Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Abdusallam Christians back to back?
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 19, 2022
manutdrichie:
grin grin

The data you put up there shows that Christians are the majority hence should have a stake in the scheme of things in the country.

I'm not even supporting those people that are wailing because Tinubu-Shettima is not the only available ticket.

ObiDatti is the only ticket that has provided solution to ethnic and religious sentiments.

@bolded is why I always say Obi is a Igbo project. So, Atiku/Okowa doesn't provide the same solution because it doesn't involve any Igbo candidate?
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Freebills12: 7:09am On Jul 19, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Carlosdd:

My opinion not yours ? Is that the reason you called your father,mother and ancestors fool ?

Technically I didn't call you a fool, only that your line of thought is cognitively deficient.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by psalmsjob: 7:11am On Jul 19, 2022
You are the one trying hard to justify your bigotry...is it by minority of religion that the deputies were being chosen or to balance or reflect the religion of everyone as most of you bigot were saying before the Data was presented...are Christians in adamawa, gombe, kwara, nasarawa etc where Christians were chosen
as deputies in majority??

Back to the presidency where you said mattered most is it not clear that we have had more years of Christians rule than Muslims rule??

Great2017:

quote author=Biodun556 post=114754430] Pot calling kettle black. You can be the judge

For the Presidency :

Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2022
psalmsjob:

You are the one trying hard to justify your bigotry...is it by minority of religion that the deputies were being chosen or to balance or reflect the religion of everyone as most of you bigot were saying before the Data was presented...are Christians in adamawa, gombe, kwara, nasarawa etc where Christians were chosen
as deputies in majority??

Back to the presidency where you said mattered most is it not clear that we have had more years of Christians rule than Muslims rule??

You are the religious bigot here.

I only said the OP presented a skewed data set to buttress his flawed judgment. I supported my claim with previous and present data set where it has always been a christian-christian ticket in the SS and SE. If this is too difficult to comprehend, I cannot help you.

If you are not a religious bigot, why are you not talking about the traditionalist and the non- christians and non-muslims in those zones? Why muslims?

Your challenge is the ability to comprehend simple English. Can you show me where I said the presidency mattered most?
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by psalmsjob: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2022
I have no issue with the religion an aspirants practices whether muslim, Christian or ifa worshipper because non of these religion has anything to do with performance of an elective post that is guided by a secular constitution.

You posted thrice your request for the op to present the data of religion of president since 1999 for you to make the judgment yourself so it mattered most to you so the Data now showed that we have had more Christian presidents since 1999 than Muslims but you can't simply acknowledge that instead you started another finger pointing again...hypocrites like you that don't even truly practice the religion they claim always try to hide under it when it's convenient to their hidden agenda.

Just to let you know by my own faith nobody can Islamise Nigeria without God's approval and if God wants it done he can use a Christian to do it. Your type of people say why do Muslims who kill people for insulting God fight for God since God can fight for himself but you turn around now and say you want a Christian deputy or else it means islamisation of Nigeria...hypocrites everywhere.

Great2017:

You are the religious bigot here.

I only said the OP presented a skewed data set to buttress his flawed judgment. I supported my claim with previous and present data set where it has always been a christian-christian ticket in the SS and SE. If this is too difficult to comprehend, I cannot help you.

If you are not a religious bigot, why are you not talking about the traditionalist and the non- christians and non-muslims in those zones? Why muslims?

Your challenge is the ability to comprehend simple English. Can you show me where I said the presidency mattered most?
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2022
psalmsjob:
I have no issue with the religion an aspirants practices whether muslim, Christian or ifa worshipper because non of these religion has anything to do with performance of an elective post that is guided by a secular constitution.

You posted thrice your request for the op to present the data of religion of president since 1999 for you to make the judgment yourself so it mattered most to you so the Data now showed that we have had more Christian presidents since 1999 than Muslims but you can't simply acknowledge that instead you started another finger pointing again...hypocrites like you that don't even truly practice the religion they claim always try to hide under it when it's convenient to their hidden agenda.

Just to let you know by my own faith nobody can Islamise Nigeria without God's approval and if God wants it done he can use a Christian to do it. Your type of people say why do Muslims who kill people for insulting God fight for God since God can fight for himself but you turn around now and say you want a Christian deputy or else it means islamisation of Nigeria...hypocrites everywhere.

"Can you also give us the data since 1999 including that of the presidency? We need to compare both to know whether your conclusion is valid."

The above statement was my response to what the OP posted. I mistakenly mentioned somebody else. The reason I had to post it again.

I can't find where I attached performance to religion or where I was particular about the presidency. Can you show me? I only included the Presidency so that we can have a robust data set.

You first accused me of bigotry without sufficient facts. I repeat where is the bigotry in my response above?

Like I said, the data by the OP is skewed. Democracy in Nigeria did not start in 2019. We had first Republic, 2nd Republic, etcetera. All these need to be factored in, else, an open mind will easily see through the non-objectivity.

Like I said, the SS and SE christian-christian ticket did not start in 2019 or today. It has always been. It doesn't mean muslims are marginalised by such a ticket like what the OP is trying to make us believe? We have non-christians and non-muslims in these zones. Why were they not captured? One can easily see through his narrow narrative.

You are the hypocrite with a hidden agenda, else, you would have shown me where I emphasized the presidency. I repeat, if you are not an hypocrite, show me where i emphasized the presidency in my response to the OP. The statement is in bold above.

I will like to know your faith and how it permits one to call people names without evidence.

Hypocrite calling others hypocrites.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Great2017:
Were Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Abdusallam Christians back to back?

Abdulsalam deputy was Michael akhigbe a Christian
Sanni Abacha deputy was oladipupo diya, a Christian

Aguiyi Ironsi and Yakubu Gowon were christians back to back
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2022
Biodun556:

Abdulsalam deputy was Michael akhigbe a Christian
Sanni Abacha deputy was oladipupo diya, a Christian

Aguiyi Ironsi and Yakubu Gowon were christians back to back

Read again, you have not answered my question. I said Christian not christian-christian. At least I answered yours, Aguiyi Ironsi and Yakubu were not elected by Nigerians.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2022
Great2017:

Read again, you have not answered my question. I said Christian not christian-christian. At least I answered yours, Aguiyi Ironsi and Yakubu were not elected by Nigerians.

Christian Christian Muslim Muslim is the bone of contention

Back to back doesn't matter because it can favour any religion

In Lagos for example Fashola and Tinubu are Muslims back to back

Now Ambode and Sanwo-Olu are christians back to back

You may not be able to have control over that especially if the incumbent dies or regional politics like what happened to Tinubu now
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2022
Biodun556:

Christian Christian Muslim Muslim is the bone of contention

Back to back doesn't matter because it can favour any religion

In Lagos for example Fashola and Tinubu are Muslims back to back

Now Ambode and Sanwo-Olu are christians back to back

You may not be able to have control over that especially if the incumbent dies or regional politics like what happened to Tinubu now
We are taking about leaders elected by Nigerians. Do you get that? Besides, you are not the only one that can change the scope of an argument when it did not suit your narrative.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by psalmsjob: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2022
Enjoy your self delusion...I'd since moved on to other topics where shades of hypocrites likevyou are because I wasn't trying to convince you about your hypocrisy to start with because people like you are beyond redemption...all I wanted to do is expose you guys for what you are.

Great2017:

"Can you also give us the data since 1999 including that of the presidency? We need to compare both to know whether your conclusion is valid."

The above statement was my response to what the OP posted. I mistakenly mentioned somebody else. The reason I had to post it again.

I can't find where I attached performance to religion or where I was particular about the presidency. Can you show me?

You first accused me of bigotry without sufficient facts. I repeat where is the bigotry in my response above?

Like I said, the data by the OP is skewed. Democracy in Nigeria did not start in 2019. We had first Republic, 2nd Republic, etcetera. All these need to be factored in, else, an open mind will easily see through the non-objectivity.

Like I said, the SS and SE christian-christian ticket did not start in 2019 or today. It has always been. It doesn't mean muslims are marginalised by such a ticket like what the OP is trying to make us believe? We have non-christians and non-muslims in these zones. Why were they not captured? One can easily see through his narrow narrative.

You are the hypocrite with a hidden agenda, else, you would have shown me where I emphasized the presidency. I repeat, if you are not an hypocrite, show me where i emphasized the presidency in my response to the OP. The statement is in bold above.

I will like to know your faith and how it permits one to call people names without evidence.

Hypocrite calling others hypocrites.

Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Biodun556(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2022
Great2017:

We are taking about leaders elected by Nigerians. Do you get that? Besides, you are not the only one that can change the scope of an argument when it did not suit your narrative.

Awolowo deputy, SL Akintola was a Christian

In 1979 general election, Awolowo made another christian his vice
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2022
psalmsjob:
Enjoy your self delusion...I'd since moved on to other topics where shades of hypocrites likevyou are because I wasn't trying to convince you about your hypocrisy to start with because people like you are beyond redemption...all I wanted to do is expose you guys for what you are.

Enjoy your delusion as well. Unredeemable hypocrite calling others hypocrite. I don't need your validation. You have successfully exposed yourself. My claim still remains that the OP's data is skewed because he did not include previous data for us to be the judge.
Re: Number Of Muslim/Christian Governors And Deputies In The 36 States by Great2017: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2022
Biodun556:

Awolowo deputy, SL Akintola was a Christian

In 1979 general election, Awolowo made another christian his vice
Elected Nigerian Presidents we are taking about. Does that sink?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit / Man Rocks Buhari 2023 T-shirt (Photo) / Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.