Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle (43630 Views)

Adeyanju: If A Stadium Is Too Big For Your Rally, Use Wedding Reception Venue / Shettima: Nigeria Needs Abacha’s Hospitality, Buhari’s Commitment / Tinubu/Shettima: Nigeria Struggling To Be A Country – Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Iykediallo: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ur a big fool !
Kagd10:
Exactly.

It's stupidity to expect anything tangible from Peter Obi who did nothing in Anambra.

Ask his supporters to list his achievement, they will keep mute. They can't list his achievement. What significant change has Peter Obi given you while he was Anambra governor? Absolute nothing.

Rather he was investing his state funds into his family business.

Some asked me to list Tinubu's legacy below.

These are Tinubu's legacies:

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
3. LASU teaching hospital & clinical school.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
8. 4 standard millennium schools.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
11. Several policies which helped in high increase of Lagos revenues.
12. Some roads etc

Now list Peter Obi's legacies.

I want everyone to watch and see if these Ipob urchins would reply. They always keep mute when asked to list Peter Obi's achievement. Peter Obi has got absolute nothing.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Preciousgift90: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
This Boko Haram patron again.
Tufiakwa!!!
Shame on all jagabandits
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Pastorsmile: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hear this Fulani man vomitting rubbish.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by MrUchenna1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
It is only through LABOUR and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by femisplash: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
DSC7:

He was among those that created BH in 2002 to wrestle power from Ali modu Sherrif...

It was after the death of Yusuf Mohammed in 2009 that they spread to other northern states through Shettimas Financial support...

No dey argue wetin you no know...
I wouldn't blame those knocking your knuckle heads for being mischievous, devilish propagandists and lying fàggots.
I wouldn't have blamed Buhari for mooting the idea of regulating social media being used by lots of a bunch of ignorant and unthinking folks who stoops low at disparaging people's character.

You're so daft that you do not know a history as recently as 2000's yet you follow a bandwagon in spreading falsehoods just so to promote your own preferred candidate.
Anyways, for the sake of Educating you, Shettima did not form any group to wrestle Power from Ali Modu. In the same year. Ali Modu Sheriff used a group of young men as political thugs to become Governor and after assuming power, he abandoned them while they transformed into a violent group and what would later become Bokoharam. In 2002, Shettima was not in the picture because he had no ambition of becoming a Governor, he would later become a Governor at a time Bokoharam was full blown under Ali Modu Sheriff. So, at what point was he wrestling power from Ali Modu?

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Kagd10: 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
Prozico22:

PETER OBI ACHIEVEMENT
the best road network in nigeria anambra state
one of the lowest state with poverty rate anambra
anambra state university is not on strike because of PETER OBI
paid all the pensioneer and during is tenure without owing anybody
move anambra state education from 26 to 1st in WAEC
bought 30000 laptop to all the secondary schools in anambra
provide all the secondary school with school buses
provide water to all the secondary school in anambra
kept 50 billion in anambra state account
reduce is convoy from 25 to 8 cars
reject 600 million yearly from federal goverment for 8 years after leaving as governor
impeach twice because he refuse to share state budget with cabals
when he was a governor the government got burnt the budget the gave him was over 200 million but he cut it to 49 million
when he was a governor the government office budget to renovate it was over 400 million he cut it to 80 million
I didn't come here for us to exchange words i just gave you the little of his achievement i can defend.
list your candidate achievement if he pass PETER OBI own i swear with my life i will quit supporting obi and go for your candidate

These are the achievements you talk of? Lol

Same Peter Obi who couldn't pay his health workers salaries?

Or the same Peter Obi whom Obiano said he left 120bil debt for him as seen below?

Best roads network? Lol. Let's see the evidences.

Was it Peter Obi that built Ojukwu university to begin with? Lol. Ojukwu university was built in 2000.

Peter Obi could only build one private ward after converting a general hospital to a teaching hospital. That was what he did.

In fact, see what has become of the teaching hospital now.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-teaching-hospital-in-ruins/

Peter Obi rather invested his state funds into family business. The thief.

He built a few roads, renovated few schools and gave out few taxi/buses and laptops. That was all he did.

Are you telling me no state governor does more than these?

How dare you compare these to Tinubu's legacies of Eko Atlantic, Lekki trade zone, lekki seaport, BRT, Econet, gigantic LASU teaching hospital, several housing estates and enormous increase in Lagos revenues? You dey ment or what?

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by educarimo: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
Bomboiy:
Everyone keeps talking about Peter Obi yet Obi has never talked about anyone. They say he is irrelevant but they cannot stop talking about him.

This was how wike kept talking about Obi until Atiku and tambuwal carry am handicap. Now this Boko Haram sponsor is here saying rubbish.

Obi is making silent moves,no time for noisemaking.
that is it oo! action people say speaks louder than voice.
Moreso, now obi is their topic means obi is on top minus ic
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by ArinzeAnthony03: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
These people are only interested in TINUBU hoping to kill him or for his health to deteriorate or maybe for him to die so that a core Northern Muslim will take over again. If not why not bring a Christian from North. They will tell you it is politically motivated and not religious but they are deceiving you.

Yoruba people thinks that everyone is like them.

For me, I wanted Prof Yemi Osibanjo but then didnt want him. Now that I have seen someone similar like Peter Obi and you are bringing Tinubu.

If you can't have mercy upon ya self have for your future children.

Vote wisely and that wisely should be Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by ogatboy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

It's stupidity to expect anything tangible from Peter Obi who did nothing in Anambra.

Ask his supporters to list his achievement, they will keep mute. They can't list his achievement. What significant change has Peter Obi given you while he was Anambra governor? Absolute nothing.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

I want everyone to watch and see if these Ipob urchins would reply. They always keep mute when asked to list Peter Obi's achievement. Peter Obi has got absolute nothing.

Lol. You list Jakande, Fashola and Ambode's achievements as Tinubu's achievements. If na so Anambra airport na Obi achievement. Mumu people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by kemika8989(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

guy you mentioned everything thing he drug lord Tinubu did in Lagos still yet he's going for hospital tourism are you guy's okay.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Preciousgift90: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.f
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

You forgot to add
13) Agberosism eg owo loading, owo turning, owo booking, owo traffic, owo parking.

Your mumu the smell shaaaa
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by dhetz: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2022
trash............ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Ugoww01(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2022
You need your brain examined, that's if you have one,
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Atiku is a better fit. Buhari has put Nigeria into further mess. Some silly people will say APC and PDP are the same thing. Is rice still the same thing? Is beans still the same thing? Is poverty index still the same thing? Is insecurity still the same thing? Is dollar still the same thing? Is transport still the same thing? Is police brutality still the same thing? Atiku will sell unproductive companies owned by Nigeria or split ministries or merge ministries so we can start moving forward. Nigeria needs a leader with a big heart without fear and cowardice. Atiku will give us that. He's not Ethnocentric, he didn't recommend only northerners to Obasanjo. He employed majority of Southerners to see his businesses boom. Obi would do well as his Economic Minister and profer solutions to our ailing economy. Nigerians wake up, Tinubu is a disaster waiting to happen.

1 Share

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by DMerciful(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Even Ambode achievements, Fasola own, Fg own, private investors all arrogated to Agbado. Nonsense!
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by odomanis: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Picardor2: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
This men are afraid

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
If a vp to be can be talking like this then there is trouble
He said he doesn’t want obi to take us back to the pdp era
And I ask him is apc !s era even better than the pdp era?

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by 9jaNoBeLagos: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
Human beings are talking this Bokoharam sponsor is talking. Shit_tima is the main reason why chibok girls was kidnapped.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by mayo47(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
This your list is false.

You sound like a Joker tho.

Tinubu "Legacies": Some roads, Health Centers

Do you really know the meaning of Legacy?

BTW, Lekki trade zone, Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Seaport are private initiatives and not even govt owned/passive investment. Eko Atlantic is owned by Chagoury Family, Lekki Seaport is a consortium of Chinese Investors, Econet was a mere passive investment which some other governors like James Ibori of Delta keyed into.

Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by odomanis: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Iykediallo:
Ur a big fool !

All the things you listed were done by Fashola and Ambode. List what Tinubu did in lagos before i will list Obi's.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by philmimi1992(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Because he is not different from bokoharam. Stupid things called APC

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Kagd10: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
DMerciful:
Even Ambode achievements, Fasola own, Fg own, private investors all arrogated to Agbado. Nonsense!

List the achievement that are Ambode or Fashola's.. You dey ment.

It was Bola Tinubu who brought in the private investor as partnership after he initiated and birthed the ideas.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by nsiba: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

I want everyone to watch and see if these Ipob urchins would reply. They always keep mute or insult when asked to list Peter Obi's achievement. Peter Obi has got absolute nothing.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Card7: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

I want everyone to watch and see if these Ipob urchins would reply. They always keep mute or insult when asked to list Peter Obi's achievement. Peter Obi has got absolute nothing.

Never side with wrong because it favours you and never ignore the truth because you don't want it.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Voiceofthestree: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

Leave this guy alone he was just doing what he was paid for. Oloriburuku eeda
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by deeva2: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Desperado14:

Please tell us what shitimmi and tinubu have done? Genuinely

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

I dare you to mention that of Obi aside beer investment.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Angelovic96: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

https://igberetvnews.com/1423852/peter-obi-can-become-president-igboland-nigeria-shettima/

This is how they are dividing the country with their mouths .later. They will say Nnamdi Kanu is trying to separate Nigeria..I pray God to touch the heart of the youths to take back their country. ..

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Amumaigwe: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
Exactly.

Tinubu legacies:
1. LASTMA.
2. Lekki trade zone.
4. Health care centers.
5. Eko Atlantic city.
6. Econet.
7. Lekki seaport.
9. Housing estates.
10. BRT.
12. Some roads etc

Obi's Legacies (Suppose you can read)

*PETER OBI RELEASES HIS FULL PROFILE AS MORE NIGERIANS PREVAIL ON HIM TO RUN FOR PRESIDENCY*

NAME : Mr. Peter Gregory OBI, (CON).

CONTACT DETAILS

*22 Niger Drive, GRA, Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria
*Tel: 08034051000
*E-mail: poanambra@gmail.com

DATE OF BIRTH : 19th July 1961,

PLACE OF BIRTH: Onitsha, Nigeria

NATIONALITY: Nigerian

MARITAL STATUS: Married with two children

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

PREVIOUS POSITIONS

· Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)

· Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)

· Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)

· Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)

· Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)

. Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

· Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS

· Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)

· Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers

· Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)

MEMBERSHIP OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEES

In my capacity as the Governor of Anambra State, I served as a member of:

*Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage

*Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy

*Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit

*Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource

*National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform

*National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds

*National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export

*Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council

*Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria

*National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector

AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS

2015: Golden Jubilee Award from Catholic Diocese of Onitsha for outstanding contribution to quality healthcare delivery in St. Charles Borromeo Hospital in particular and Anambra State in general, on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the hospital.

*2014: Nigerian Library Association Golden Merit Award for remarkable improvement of libraries in Anambra State, exemplified by our Government's construction of the Kenneth Dike Digital State Library, remarkable upgrade of the Onitsha Divisional Library, and provision of library facilities in secondary schools across the State.

*2014: Champion Newspaper Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade.

* 2014 The Voice Newspaper (Holand) Achievers Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance.

*2013: Silver Bird Man of the Year (with Governor BabatundeFashola of Lagos State).

*2012: Business Hallmark Newspaper Man of the Year.

*2012: The Golden Award on Prudence – by the Methodist Church of Nigeria as the Most
Financially Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

* 2012: Leadership and Good Governance Award by The Ezeife Leadership Foundation Award for restoring peace and harmony to Anambra State.

* 2012: Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria – by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

* 2012: Outstanding Financial Planner and Manager – by the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion for my resourcefulness and creativity in governance.

*2011: Zik Leadership Prize.

*2010: ICT Governor of the Year – by the West Africa ICT Development Award.

*2009: Champion Newspaper Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor Award.

*2009: Thisday Newspaper Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

*2007: The Sun Newspaper Man of the Year Award.

**The Nigerian MDGs Office/UNDP Best Governor in the Implementation of the MDGs in Nigeria

INTRODUCTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL AND OTHER MAJOR CHANGES IN NIGERIAN POLITICS

*He was the first gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria to legally challenge to its logical conclusion, his governorship electoral victory that was denied him. He won in the Courts and reclaimed his mandate.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to legally challenge his wrongful impeachment and was reinstated by the Courts.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to seek the interpretation of tenures of Governors when INEC allowed elections to take place in Anambra State when his tenure had not expired; the election already concluded was cancelled and he was allowed to complete his tenure.

*He was the first Governor to serve a 2nd term in both the new and old Anambra State, that is, almost 40 years after creation of the State.

*He was the first Governor, whilst still in Office, to be appointed a Special Adviser to the President.

*He was the first serving Governor to be appointed into the Presidential Economic Management Team.

*He was among the first Governors to be honoured with a National Award in 2011, while still in office.

*Though the only Governor whose political party was in government in only one State, he was elected Vice-Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum twice.

*Though the only non-PDP Governor in the South-East (made up of 5 States), he was elected by the other 4 PDP Governors as their Chairman for 8 years rather than the usual one year.

FUNDAMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE (PARTIAL LISTING)

1. Anambra was the first State to commence Sub-Sovereign Wealth savings, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. At a time many other Governors were leaving huge debts, I left the equivalent of $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds.

2. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries such as United Stated, Britain, Russia, European Union, South Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others, visited the State. Before my tenure, Anambra was practically a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international development partners.

3. Development partners such as UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank, DFID, the European Union etc., which hitherto were not in Anambra State started working with the State. Anambra was consistently adjudged one of the best states in development partnership and commitment to reforms for good governance.

4. He was recognised as Best Governor by the Millennium Development Goals Office (OSSAP-MDGs) and the UNDP in the implementation of their programmes in Nigeria.

5. The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as the least indebted state in Nigeria. In spite of visible and measurable achievements recorded in various sectors, the State under him did not borrow or raise bonds for her various projects.

6. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria rated Anambra State as the most financially stable state in the country.

7. The State's ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners - Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One in National Examination Council (NECO) and West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for three consecutive years. This made the World Bank to commission a study, led by the renowned Prof. Paul Collier of Oxford University, on this revolutionary partnership and phenomenal achievement.

8. The State also entered into strategic partnership with the Churches in the Health sector. This symbiotic relationship resulted in a tremendous boost to health care because of the services offered by health institutions owned by Voluntary Agencies, while the State restored grants to the agencies and made available to them more than 50 million Dollars in various types of support.

10. Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

11. His Government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (1 Million dollars) as the best-performing state in immunisation in the South-East. With complementary funding from our Government, they used the money to build 10 Maternal and Child Care Centres across the State, particularly in rural communities, in partnership with the Churches.

12. The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

13. Anambra State Government provided Microsoft Academies to more than 500 secondary schools, which the Head of Microsoft in Nigeria (Mr. Ken Span) described as the biggest such deployment in Africa so far.

14. The State provided Internet access to more than 500 secondary schools, which the CEO of Galaxy Backbone (Mr. Gerald Ilukwe) characterized as incomparable to any in the country.

15. More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.

16. Boreholes were provided in schools all over the State.

17. Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.

18 As part of the efforts to turn around the economy of the State, a number of companies were attracted to build their facilities in the Anambra State. A case in point is SABMiller, the 2nd largest brewery in the world, which built their first Green Field facility in the State, which is today one of the most successful facilities they operate globally.

19. A number of other companies followed the SABMiller initiative and were all supported and encouraged under our Government; a good example is INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, from which our government bought more than 1,000 vehicles.

20. Anambra State for the first time started close collaboration with recognized government security agencies (the Police, Army, Navy, Department of State Security, Civil Defence, among others), offering them various types of support including provision of more than 500 security vehicles. The improvement in security was phenomenal, such that the former IG of Police (Abubakar Mohammed) lauded Anambra State for not witnessing any bank robbery in my last three years in office.

21. To further enhance security, Anambra State provided at least one security vehicle to each of all the 177 communities in the State as well as various organizations such as markets and Churches.

22. His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

23. His Government commenced the planned development of the Igbariam Campus of the ChukwuemekaOdumegwu-Ojukwu University, including the fencing, construction of internal roads, electrification, construction of the Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of Agriculture, Management Building, among others).

24. His Government attracted the World Bank support on erosion - National Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) - to Anambra State.

25. His Government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria, as a guide for the effective implementation of our poverty-alleviation strategies.

26 His Government, for the first time, undertook the aerial mapping of Awka as well as the production of Structure Plans for Awka Capital Territory, Onitsha and Nnewi.

27. During his tenure and with his Government's support, Anambra State became an oil producing State.

28. He built the first Secretariat Complex to house State Government Ministries that were hitherto scattered around the State.

29. His government commenced the development of the 'Three Arms Zone' comprising Government House/Governor’s Lodge, Legislative Building/Speakers Residence, and Judiciary Building with Chief Judge’s Residence.

30. By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation; when we took off in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly accredited.

31. Anambra State was the first to undergo national peer review, which scrutinised State Governments for good governance, through the State Peer Review Mechanism (SPRM), an initiative of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the DFID.

-
Do you want to see Peter Obi run for the office of the President?

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Tareq1105: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
femisplash:

I wouldn't blame those knocking your knuckle heads for being mischievous, devilish propagandists and lying fàggots.
I wouldn't have blamed Buhari for mooting the idea of regulating social media being used by lots of a bunch of ignorant and unthinking folks who stoops low at disparaging people's character.

You're so daft that you do not know a history as recently as 2000's yet you follow a bandwagon in spreading falsehoods just so to promote your own preferred candidate.
Anyways, for the sake of Educating you, Shettima did not form any group to wrestle Power from Ali Modu. In the same year. Ali Modu Sheriff used a group of young men as political thugs to become Governor and after assuming power, he abandoned them while they transformed into a violent group and what would later become Bokoharam. In 2002, Shettima was not in the picture because he had no ambition of becoming a Governor, he would later become a Governor at a time Bokoharam was full blown under Ali Modu Sheriff. So, at what point was he wrestling power from Ali Modu?

Do they read?

If not for God, the same Shettima was almost killed in 2009 by Boko Haram when Boko Haram attacked the mosque he went for jumat prayer.
Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Blakpot: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
"Peter Obi can only become a President in Igboland but definitely not in Nigeria"

Kwansako and now Shettima.
Their statements reflect most Northern politicians mindset and reveals an innate hatred for Igbos.
Tribal Bigots!

Fortunately Peter Obi's presidential ambition is not hinged on being an Igbo man, but rather his vision and offering Nigerians an alternative to political Godfathers like Atiku and Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Nigeria is Too Big For Peter Obi To Handle by Kagd10: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
mayo47:
This your list is false.

You sound like a Joker tho.

Tinubu "Legacies": Some roads, Health Centers

Do you really know the meaning of Legacy?

BTW, Lekki trade zone, Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Seaport are private initiatives and not even govt owned/passive investment. Eko Atlantic is owned by Chagoury Family, Lekki Seaport is a consortium of Chinese Investors, Econet was a mere passive investment which some other governors like James Ibori of Delta keyed into.

Can your brain read this below?

Tinubu initiated the idea and birthed it after which he brought in private investors as partnership with Lagos. He already completed his work.

Lekki trade zone
BRT,
Eko Atlantic
Lekki seaport
etc are all Tinubu's brain child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) / Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.