Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . (2756 Views)

Mobil 1 5w30 And 0w20 Is Now Available.... / Mobil 1 5w30/5w20 Advance Full Synthetic Made In USA / Mobil 1 5w30 US Grade Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by chidifrank(m): 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
okay sorry. i thought you were speaking from experience. i was wrong. next time please indicate where your ideas emerges from (google) this time. thanks
Jagermeister:

Everybody gets their facts from Google these days... I recommend you do the same my brother.

There's nothing that I'll explain that isn't already common knowledge.. use some of that precious internet data hahaha
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Crixie(m): 5:30am On Jul 18, 2022
Jagermeister:

Everybody gets their facts from Google these days... I recommend you do the same my brother.

There's nothing that I'll explain that isn't already common knowledge.. use some of that precious internet data hahaha
Good Day,If i am reading what he wrote properly,he has been using Mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic,which is the recommended oil viscosity ,he just wants to switch to another high quality but cheaper brand
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Jagermeister(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2022
Crixie:

Good Day,If i am reading what he wrote properly,he has been using Mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic,which is the recommended oil viscosity ,he just wants to switch to another high quality but cheaper brand

Yes man.. Exactly
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by mokset123: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
Jagermeister:

Yes man.. Exactly
I have been using fastron 5w20 full synthetic for 6 years on my honda accord v6 and it cost about 14k

1 Like

Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Jagermeister(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
mokset123:
I have been using fastron 5w20 full synthetic for 6 years on my honda accord v6 and it cost about 14k

Well.. keep doing what you’re doing! Carry on man
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Treadway: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
chidifrank:
educate me what you mean by its too late to switch to another engine oil please? because i dont see anything wrong happening as long as the engine oil in question i am about switching too is the recommended. by the way, my neighbor having used XHP for long switched to the recommended and the engine is doing very fine with little or no noise at all.
I don't know why ppl are too triggered. Simple question o. Educate the guy if you can. Haba!

To your question, when you start off using heavier oils like xhp, and use it over time, the engine which may sound okay, would have undergone some wear and tear working hard pumping the thicker oil, compared to the lighter oil it was built for. That wear and tear will become very pronounced when you decide to now switch to a lighter oil, majorly smoking due to clearances which the lighter oil will seep through. So in such an instance where you have been using a thick oil for an extended period of time, it is best to just continue using that. The oil burn that will happen when you change to lighter oil will be hoooooge. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by chidifrank(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
thank you for educating me. cheers.
Treadway:
I don't know what ppl are too triggered. Simple question o. Educate the guy if you can. Haba!

To your question, when you start off using heavier oils like xhp, and use it over time, the engine which may sound okay, would have undergone some wear and tear working hard pumping the thicker oil, compared to the lighter oil it was built for. That wear and tear will become very pronounced when you decide to now switch to a lighter oil, majorly smoking due to clearances which the lighter oil will seep through. So in such an instance where you have been using a thick oil for an extended period of time, it is best to just continue using that. The oil burn that will happen when you change to lighter oil will be hoooooge. Cheers!
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Emilokan1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
You can safely change to automedics oil that contains polytron. It's 5w30, and fully synthetic. Pls Google it and make up your mind.
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Ironhead: 11:46am On May 18, 2023
I use a 5w-20 Mobil 1 high mileage engine oil since 2020 on my 08 Honda crv. I'm about to switch to Amtecol 9000 5w-30 Full synthetic. Cos I heard 5w-30 is good for our climate. And I notice when I travel long distances from Lagos to the east, my engine oil drops significantly. Engine still runs fine. Will 5w-30 Amtecol 9000 full synthetic be a good alternative?
Re: Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . by Conner44: 5:12pm On May 18, 2023
Ironhead:
I use a 5w-20 Mobil 1 high mileage engine oil since 2020 on my 08 Honda crv. I'm about to switch to Amtecol 9000 5w-30 Full synthetic. Cos I heard 5w-30 is good for our climate. And I notice when I travel long distances from Lagos to the east, my engine oil drops significantly. Engine still runs fine. Will 5w-30 Amtecol 9000 full synthetic be a good alternative?

Your engine is a k24, it’s a 4cyl high revving engine and once taken on a road trip it’s rev count usually stays at the higher mark so it’s perfectly normal to experience some oil loss after a long journey of several hours steady cruising.

Where there is a problem is if you lose more than half a liter after a trip of approximately 500 kilometers. Then you might have a case of a bad pcv valve, oil leaks, worn out valves in your cylinder head or slacked oil control rings on your pistons.

Just top up your oil and keep cruising if you’re experiencing no other issues with your vehicle. If you still wish to change oil on your next service you can switch brands but please don’t switch its weight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let' Bring Your DEAD, Epileptic Or Problematic Car Back To Life (car Hospital) / This Restored Russian Screw-Propelled Vehicle ZVM2901 Doesn't Need A Road At All / My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.