Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Many Birds To Rear As A Poultry Farmer When Starting Out! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Birds To Rear As A Poultry Farmer When Starting Out! (447 Views)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Many Birds To Rear As A Poultry Farmer When Starting Out! by judeankeli(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Many poultry farmers who are starting out are always confused and focused, and constantly asking

how many birds i should begin with and what breed is most profitable?

The simple answer is this

Start your new poultry project with what your financial capabilities permits, and start where there is low risk and higher and quicker profits.
If you are asking, then what project should I start,

Simply start with broiler farming.

Start with about 20-50 birds first, then as you progress and learn more from the poultry, you can then scale up to wherever you want, and where you financial capabilities can permit
I am stressing on finances because it is very very important, because it is what keeps your business running smoothly.

Now starting with the range of 20-50 birds, you have a higher chance of lowering risks and reducing financial setbacks and losses

Its easier to recover from a heavy loss of 70,000 Naira if you rear about 40 birds and by chance all the 40 birds die(which is quite rare) than to recover from a loss of 200,000 Naira.

So start from small if you are new to poultry farming, and then you can later scale when you have acquired more knowledge and also increased your finances finances.

Want the 7 steps to profitable broiler farming?
then click on the link to download the free report
>>>>> poultry.gr8.com

(1) (Reply)

.. / Needs Urgent Attention / Fumigations And Pest Control Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.