Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? (644 Views)

Get Any Udemy Courses At Cheaper Rate...... / Take IT Courses In India For 3 Months / Take IT Courses In India For 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by aumeehn: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2022
Hello Fellow Gurus.

Early this year i made a promise to myself, to end the year with an IT skill that will atleast get me an internship and also land a Job in the subsequent year.
After following this forum for a while, i started learning Backend Dev with PHP, but i spent a month learning CSS and HTML.

I also started networking with fellow tech enthusiast in my locality, someone very close to me sent me a link to apply for Google Andela Developers Scholarship, they offer only two courses mainly Android dev and GCP, i selected the GCP and i was selected.

To be honest i enjoy Cloud Computing even though i'm still a novice i find it easy to grab the concepts, i also make sure i got 100% in all the GCP labs i take and yesterday i took the IQ test and qualified for the second phase, the program has 3 phases and Project phase, then lastly a certification phase.

I also enrolled in the same course on google partner skill boost which also comes with a free certification.

Now the main issue is, i applied for Meta Digital Marketing Scholarship on ACN around March this year, infact i have forgotten about it sef I got a mail yesterday that i was selected with a link to the courses on Coursera, Which also comes with a Coursera cert and also Meta Cert and some perks upon completion.

Is it possible to run both courses at the same time? Or i should just concentrate on my GCP learning journey? I am just confused right now. I dont want to just let the Meta Opportunity go just like that.

Please Gurus your opinion is needed. The Meta Marketing course will end in October while the GADS program is going to end Dec/Jan

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by TastyFriedPussy: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2022
There's nothing you can't do one's you have the determination.... I'm currently in University literally studying two courses at the same Time lol( transport management and computer science).. I wanted to study computer science but the school gave me transport and I'm a programmer. So from Time to time when I don't have any serious lecture in transport department, I go for any important CS course that might be useful to me(hoping to switch department though).. The thing is, just need absolute focus. Mondays to Fridays, I practice coding and on Saturdays and Sundays, I study for transport courses. wink that's my secret..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by aumeehn: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
There's nothing you can't do one's you have the determination.... I'm currently in University literally studying two courses at the same Time lol( transport management and computer science).. I wanted to study computer science but the school gave me transport and I'm a programmer. So from Time to time when I don't have any serious lecture in transport department, I go for any important CS course that might be useful to me(hoping to switch department though).. The thing is, just need absolute focus. Mondays to Fridays, I practice coding and on Saturdays and Sundays, I study for transport courses. wink that's my secret..
You are a machine lol! The thing is i am a slow learner. And one thing i learnt about tech is the moment you dip your hands in it, thats when you kiss your social life goodbye

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by Vicky2k(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
aumeehn:
Hello Fellow Gurus.

Early this year i made a promise to myself, to end the year with an IT skill that will atleast get me an internship and also land a Job in the subsequent year.
After following this forum for a while, i started learning Backend Dev with PHP, but i spent a month learning CSS and HTML.

I also started networking with fellow tech enthusiast in my locality, someone very close to me sent me a link to apply for Google Andela Developers Scholarship, they offer only two courses mainly Android dev and GCP, i selected the GCP and i was selected.

To be honest i enjoy Cloud Computing even though i'm still a novice i find it easy to grab the concepts, i also make sure i got 100% in all the GCP labs i take and yesterday i took the IQ test and qualified for the second phase, the program has 3 phases and Project phase, then lastly a certification phase.

I also enrolled in the same course on google partner skill boost which also comes with a free certification.

Now the main issue is, i applied for Meta Digital Marketing Scholarship on ACN around March this year, infact i have forgotten about it sef I got a mail yesterday that i was selected with a link to the courses on Coursera, Which also comes with a Coursera cert and also Meta Cert and some perks upon completion.

Is it possible to run both courses at the same time? Or i should just concentrate on my GCP learning journey? I am just confused right now. I dont want to just let the Meta Opportunity go just like that.

Please Gurus your opinion is needed. The Meta Marketing course will end in October while the GADS program is going to end Dec/Jan

yes it is possible. it all depends on how you create time. For instance like myself now, I also enrolled for GADS GCP and Android Development on seperate accounts. I am also enrolled in June Cohort of ALX Full Stack Software Engineering. Just yesterday, I applied to Google SSA Machine Learning Bootcamp. That is all Multitasking. We all have 24 hours in a day so it depends on how one utilizes it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by aumeehn: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
Vicky2k:

yes it is possible. it all depends on how you create time. For instance like myself now, I also enrolled for GADS GCP and Android Development on seperate accounts. I am also enrolled in June Cohort of ALX Full Stack Software Engineering. Just yesterday, I applied to Google SSA Machine Learning Bootcamp. That is all Multitasking. We all have 24 hours in a day so it depends on how one utilizes it.
what! i am highly motivated by this your post.
i sent you a pm, lets connect.
Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by airsaylongcome: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2022
Vicky2k:

Comeback in 6months and tell us how many of these you completed. On time. And with expert proficiency.

Scatter gun approach never killed an enemy. But you may be different and I'm interested in your feedback after all the programs. I'm rooting for you

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by logik29(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Comeback in 6months and tell us how many of these you completed. On time. And with expert proficiency.

Scatter gun approach never killed an enemy. But you may be different and I'm interested in your feedback after all the programs. I'm rooting for you
I'm just reading and laughing.

The other guy said he's reading both computer science and transport management.

Computer science? Abi is the computer science I'm studying another course?

Course wey fit choke person...you con dey study am ,dey learn coding, con dey do transport mgmt omo

By the time you finish core Cs courses like:
Systems programming
Compiler construction
Queuing systems
Netcenric computing
Software engineering
Modelling and simulation
Computer architecture
Data structures and algorithms
Systems programming
System analysis and design
Discrete structures
Numerical methods
Distributed systems

As you finish ehn..body go tell you

Shout out to Cs majors..It ain't easy

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by logik29(m): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
Re: Is It Possible To Study 2 IT Courses At The Same Time? by logik29(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2022

(1) (Reply)

So Css Is So Fucking Easy?? / Plz Who Can Tell Me About Quickbooks POS 2013 / Learn Programming With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.