Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,302 members, 7,842,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help (2409 Views)

How Do I Verify My Vehicle Papers Online? / I Change My Car Oil And The Sound Change / Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help by BamBamK: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
izaac23:

Good morning all
I finally went back to the mech, I told him to quickly undo wat he did to the adjuster, he tried convincing me otherwise but I was insistent. So he loosed the part out.

Wat he did here was that he welded a round knot to the tip of the adjuster to increase the length of the adjuster, he did not weld the adjuster to remain permanently to one place cuz when he removed the clip on the adjuster, it still sprung out.

He took it back and removed the knot he welded to the adjuster and the adjuster was back to it normal length, then he tight it back to it's place but the sound I heard remained constant. Wat I don't understand this minute was if the sound was there already and I did not notice it till he touched the adjuster that I search for any different in sound cuz if I don't tell you where and wat to concentrate your listening when I start the engine, u will not hear it. It's a very small rattling sound.

I took it to another mech who I know have years of experience and has worked in a company before,
He came up with a different conclusion o, he said that is not the chain, that the chain can't be weakened, he said it's the camshaft inside the engine that is making the sound. He added that the camp is not firmly attached and it's has clearing under that makes it move, hence the noise.
Which among this cud be the case?
I no know wetin to bliv again my brothers.

If you're in Lagos, save yourself this unnecessary headache and outsource the wahala to GAZZUZZ
Re: My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help by izaac23(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2022
BamBamK:

If you're in Lagos, save yourself this unnecessary headache and outsource the wahala to GAZZUZZ

No, am not on Lagos
Re: My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help by BamBamK: 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
izaac23:

No, am not on Lagos

Ehya
Re: My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help by skywalker240(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Me am here fighting battle with my second wife, because the steering wont turn easily. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

PRICE DROP TO 4.5M!!! 6 TYRES TIPPER FOR AN URGENT SALE. / Car U Wish 2 Drive Now / 2001 Audi TT Quattro Brainbox Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.