Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng (7231 Views)

a nairalander just won free ticket to Seyi Law's fast and funny show / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Big Brother Africa: How Multichoice/dstv Is Under-developing Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by madejibo: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2011
My decoder (in my name) was stolen from my house and I went to multichoice office to transfer my credit balance (since I still had a substantial bal in my stolen decoder) to a decoder I got from my brother (in my brother's name). I was told that I can't transfer my credit to another decoder UNLESS the decoder bares my name the only other solution is to buy a new decoder in name then I can transfer. I asked where d money goes shld not be an issue but where the money comes from? Y shld there be such a law? I think these bloody south Africans have taken us 4 a ride and its the fault of our govt let's say NO to insensitive attitude of DSTV. Above all they spoke to me so rudely but trust me I ll be in their Head office soon. THIS IS CHEATING
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by kuntash: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2011
its a sick system, they feel they have so much hold on the govt thus no worries, nothing dey pa,

one day , one day, e go happen, na small small
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Ameboperoo(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
You would not believe it! Out of the 10 decoders I installed not quite 2 months, 2 are already burnt and one adaptor. What pained me most is that 4 almost one month now they have been telling me that no swapping. What do I tell my clients?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Bawss1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
Is this thread not a veiled attack on SA? Who spoke rudely to the OP, a South African or a Nigerian?

Besides has the OP considered the fact that the rule he is upset with was designed to prevent people from stealing 'credit' from decoders just like people did in the early days of transferring GSM airtime?

They say that the customer is king but in many instances the customer is just plain wrong. Deal with it.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by kuntash: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^ it could be better if u rephrase and make it simple sir.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ Poster, why would u expect them to do such a transfer?, it is like telling a bank to allow u to use your brother's cheque book to withdraw money from you own account just because u lost you own cheque book, WTF undecided
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
i just av a simple and serious issue with this guys. anytime it rains or serious weather changes, the decoder stops. that shouldnt be undecided
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by badmrkt(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
dem say if e pain una mek una go invent una own decorder. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by atasteve: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
I have a dream that one day DSTV will start pay-as-you-watch option. smiley
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by freecocoa(f): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2011
Demdem:

i just av a simple and serious issue with this guys. anytime it rains or serious weather changes, the decoder stops. that shouldnt be undecided
This vexes me a whole lot too,imagine watching a crucial football game,all of a sudden the thing goes off and before it comes back on,the match must have ended.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Kx: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2011
Sure this is not embedded in the terms and conditions agreed to?

A biz man comes up with certain things to maximise his profit, its up to the regulatory authorities to protect consumer rights in approving some of these biz tricks whatever.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by chuckdee4(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
Demdem:

Bros the very same thing happens here in the Uk with SKY, so i don't think that's an issue they can improve on at the mo
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by MMM2(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
op do u want 2 sue dem
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by VALIDATOR: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP,
I can bet that if you had succeeded you would still have come here to rant on how easy it is to steal DSTV credit just by verbally telling them that the owner is your brother. If your ATM card gets missing,will you be able to withdraw money from your own account with your brother's ATM card just to re-emphasize what Odiaero said?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by ADEBOSUN(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
@op
If you feel agrieved, sue them to court. The outcome of the LASTMA case has shown that the law can be counted on to fight the coursevof the ordinary man, Moreover, you can make some good money off them if you succeed.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by badlaw(f): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
dem don de do more than themsef.but i wil bounce on them so soon.since i buy my dcoda dem neva put my name on list grin shocked
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
chuckdee4:

Bros the very same thing happens here in the Uk with SKY, so i don't think that's an issue they can improve on at the mo

So becos it happens in UK, i should accept my fate eh? are u saying its normal? are there no gadgets or improvements that can be made to avoid this?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by frenchman2: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2011
madejibo:

My decoder (in my name) was stolen from my house and I went to multichoice office to transfer my credit balance (since I still had a substantial bal in my stolen decoder) to a decoder I got from my brother (in my brother's name). I was told that I can't transfer my credit to another decoder UNLESS the decoder bares my name the only other solution is to buy a new decoder in name then I can transfer. I asked where d money goes shld not be an issue but where the money comes from? Y shld there be such a law? I think these bloody south Africans [/b]have taken us 4 a ride and its the fault of our govt let's say NO to insensitive attitude of DSTV. Above all[b] they spoke to me so rudely but trust me I ll be in their Head office soon. THIS IS CHEATING

who spoke to you rudely? The bloody south africans or your fellow nigerians behind the counter?
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by DidiLove1: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
@op,

It may interest u to note that DSTV (and of course, most service providers) relate with customers purely on customer-single-entity basis ie. each customer is a distinct entity from the next customer irrespective of relationship status (brother, cousin, colleague etc). Can you be granted a travel visa on a passport that has your brother's name/details on it just 'cos you lost your own passport? Meanwhile, i will bet my next pay check that the staff that spoke to you rudely is a NIGERIAN, your fellow Nigerian! And if you despise DSTV and the bloody South Africans (your exact words), why have a substantial balance in your stolen decoder? Instead of having the substantial balance on DSTV decoder, why didn't you use a part of it to subscribe to HiTV, your indigenous cable TV provider?
Without necessarily making a case for DSTV and inpite of occassional technical and customer service lapses, DSTV remains the BEST THING that happened to television viewing in Nigeria. I, a Nigerian is ashamed at admitting it but the truth must be told.
We come on social platforms like these to bash DSTV but retire to the comfort of our sitting rooms to enjoy the EPL, Africa Magic and the rest.

Please buy a new decoder, transfer your substantial balance and move on already! Alternatively, stick to MITV, Silverbird and NTA. I bet u will be back here in two days to whine over their serices as well.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by forkadict(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
madejibo:

My decoder (in my name) was stolen from my house and I went to multichoice office to transfer my credit balance (since I still had a substantial bal in my stolen decoder) to a decoder I got from my brother (in my brother's name). I was told that I can't transfer my credit to another decoder UNLESS the decoder bares my name the only other solution is to buy a new decoder in name then I can transfer. I asked where d money goes shld not be an issue but where the money comes from? Y shld there be such a law? I think these bloody south Africans have taken us 4 a ride and its the fault of our govt let's say NO [b][/b]to insensitive attitude of DSTV. Above all they spoke to me so rudely but trust me I ll be in their Head office soon. THIS IS CHEATING

NO!
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by meetmuyiwa(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
atasteve:

I have a dream that one day DSTV will start pay-as-you-watch option. smiley

Yes i support the dream, maybe then i will get one decoder
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by okeyxyz(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
for a moment, i thought the OP had a genuine issue to be addressed, but it turns out he is just a racist looking for excuse to bash "bloody south africans." i wasted my precious sympathies there until he revealed his evil intentions. mtcheeww,
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
Demdem:

Man , it is not their fault it happens,  the weather needs to be clear to allow the Satelite above the Earth in the East to connect and send signal to your dish on earth, the rain cloud disrupts the satelite signals from connecting to your dish, that is why u experience that when ever it rains, just a simple Physics
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by ochiaha1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
Until we stop having a duopoly (two strong sellers, Multichoice and other Satelliate TV Companies) in the Satelliate TV Broadcasting market here in Nigeria, Multichoice will definitely continue to take their clients for granted; the matter is made worse because Multichoice is the stronger partner in this duopoly. angry
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by ochiaha1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
odiaero:

Man , it is not their fault it happens,  the weather needs to be clear to allow the Satelite above the Earth in the East to connect and send signal to your dish on earth, the rain cloud disrupts the satelite signals from connecting to your dish, that is why u experience that when ever it rains, just a simple Physics

When are we going to have CABLE-TV Companies here in Nigeria? I am tired of the weather disrupting my quiet enjoyment of Satelliate TV viewing. sad
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by badesco(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nigeria has sold it birthright, if not, how on earth a foreign company will maltreat a Nigerian citizens with inpunity on Nigerian soil. unless we physically and legally fight for our right. the so DSTV thinks they have monopoly of the biz thereby dont care about what anybody say or do.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by OnyeBabe1(f): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP - The rule is basic and standard, it has nothing to do with them being South African. You should learn to read terms and conditions, also how are we sure that you were not also rude to the Nigerians you spoke to. Just saying, Nigerians working anywhere, are generally rude, lets be honest here.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by chuckdee4(m): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
Demdem:

So becos it happens in UK, i should accept my fate eh? are u saying its normal? are there no gadgets or improvements that can be made to avoid this?

If u have an invention that stops the rain and heavy clouds from interfering with the satellite transmissions then go and open your own company.

The very same thing happens here because there is no way of stopping the interferance caused by the rain (Its a standard problem), its got nothing to do with UK/Naija. We should even be the ones complaining because the rains here are nothing compared to the monsoon's you get in Nigeria.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Bawss1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
I'm amazed at the clownish things being said here. It seems people are just looking for a reason to hate on SA. All the issues raised here are non-starters or lame.

badesco:

Nigeria has sold it birthright, if not, how on earth a foreign company will maltreat a Nigerian citizens with inpunity on Nigerian soil. unless we physically and legally fight for our right. the so DSTV thinks they have monopoly of the biz thereby dont care about what anybody say or do.

Which birthright is this one talking about?

ochi-aha:

Until we stop having a duopoly (two strong sellers, Multichoice and other Satelliate TV Companies) in the Satelliate TV Broadcasting market here in Nigeria, Multichoice will definitely continue to take their clients for granted; the matter is made worse because Multichoice is the stronger partner in this duopoly. angry
Feel free to start your own TV company.
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
ochi-aha:

When are we going to have CABLE-TV Companies here in Nigeria? I am tired of the weather disrupting my quiet enjoyment of Satelliate TV viewing. sad

am tired of explaining, Cable_TV uses Satelites, so DSTV is brings the Canble TV oversees to u via satelites
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by euphoria: 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
odiaero:

@ Poster, why would u expect them to do such a transfer?, it is like telling a bank to allow u to use your brother's cheque book to withdraw money from you own account just because u lost you own cheque book, WTF undecided

@ Odiaro I disagree with you, If I misplace my cheque book, I should be able to tell my bank in writing to transfer the funds in my account to my brother's account, then the funds become accessible using my brother's cheque book, it's as simple as that!!!
Re: Insensitive And Funny Laws Of Multichoice Ng by teskyg: 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
Those Bloody South Africans are allowed to misbehave because we allowed them.While we gloat over the lost of football rights by our Local HITV last year so many of you on this forum where happy.

I was at their Customer Service unit at Tamiyu Savage and saw a lot of damaged Chinese Decoder(because SON has gone to sleep) beyond repairs and Customers where told to wait for replacement which will take for God Know time to be replaced.The recent shake up by GEJ of Head of some FG Parastatals is just the beginning.Still surprise at the continue stay in office of the ineffective DG of SON.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Photos Of 'The Mountain' In Game Of Thrones And His Tiny Girlfriend / Real Housewives Of Atlanta / BBTitans Week 3: Ipelang, Khosi, Yemi Others Nominated For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.