Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won (2234 Views)

Iyorchia Ayu: We Have Evidence That PDP Won 2019 Presidential Election / Police Arrested Man With Result Sheets Showing PDP Won Election, APGA Alleges / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by SadiqBabaSani: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2022
1. The Adeleke's Popularity: truth is after the death of Isiaka Adeleke aka Serubawon there was this sort of sympathy Vote in the Senatorial election that made Ademola Senator. The Adelekes as we all know are a very popular Family in Ede Axis and Osun in general.

2. Apc's Division: Apc in Osun State is a divided house, with TOP (The Osun Progressive) a splinter APC group championed by Rauf Aregbesola -Interior Minister- wanting Adeoti while the incumbent Governors camp ofcourse wanted Oyetola who has power of state apparatus in his hands. This division before and after the Apc party Primaries already showed that there was danger as Rauf is a grass root man who has mastered the various arts involved in winning an election. This division shrinked the support base of the serving Governor and contributed to the lose of the state by the incumbent party as major Party stakeholders either sabotaged the Apc from within or openly worked for the opposition PDP

3. EFCC Anti Vote buying Campaign: As little as many may view this act, it went a long way in discouraging vote buying to some extent. Besides the fact that a few persons were arrested by the Anti graft agency, the thoughts alot of their Presence will dissuade many vote buying party agent from confidently plying their trade

4. APC's Poor Governance in Osun: Without involving propaganda, APC has not really transformed public infrastructures massively as in any Other state outside Lagos in the Southwest region anf particularly Osun state. APC's Governance in Osun state from Rauf to Oyetola has been nothing spectacular, hence there are no visible achievements to campaign with especially by Oyetola. It was even on record that Governor Ganduje had to start campaigning with religion, that people should vote Oyetola because Tinubu chose a Muslim Vice Presidential Candidate, this was because there was nothing to campaign with.

5. INEC: It appears Inec is improving their systems over time, although we cant say much for now since they have not conducted elections over a large area (other 27 states at once since after some of their recent changes including deployment of Bi-modial voting accreditation system-BOVAS), we can only attest to the fact that their systems and processes have improved using Ekiti and Osun as litmus test.

Congratulations to Osun People, although I don't place much confidence in Adelekes ability to deliver the much needed infrastructural development to Osun state, I just think he will be a little improvement over Oyetola. If Adeleke doesn't deliver infrastructure, let him remember that even an incumbent can be removed from government house.

https://www.nairaland.com/7232361/inec-declares-pdps-adeleke-winner

You can add yours

cc:
helinues,
seunmsg,
lalalasticlala

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Mokason288(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2022
BUhari’s FAILURE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Sambaby7640: 10:36am On Jul 17, 2022
You're right!

I say this Again... Nigerians are wiser now. Adeleke Won not because he's a member of PDP but because we Nigerians now prefer to vote for Candidate (flag bearer) not the party.

Come May 2023 Obi will declared winner of the coming presidential election!!! angry

7 Likes

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by ThatFairGuy1: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2022
Remove that number 4. angry

Who didn't performed well? Aregbesola angry

Oyetola lulè because he's so confident of himself.

He thinks he's bigger than those who brought the Party back to limelight

Those who fought to wrestle power when it was hot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by jogsman01(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2022
Buhari factor
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by NwaMamaIwota(f): 10:40am On Jul 17, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Remove that number 4. angry

Who didn't performed well? Aregbesola angry

oh my love
I'm so happy now
let's have sex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by ThatFairGuy1: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2022
Buhari factor didn't reach Ekiti?
jogsman01:
Buhari factor
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Gandollar(f): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2022
Adeleke has inherited a dead child but may God help him to revive it.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by NwaMamaIwota(f): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2022
told them that Buhari will never interfere in any election.
Buhari right now is all about enjoying his life and retiring peacefully.
he no get time for politics again.
those banking on Buhari's rigging should think twice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by PresidObi: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2022
Sambaby7640:
You're right!

I say this Again... Nigerians are wiser now. Adeleke Won not because he's a member of PDP but because we Nigerians now prefer to vote for Candidate (flag bearer) not the party.

Come May 2023 Obi will declared winner of the coming presidential election!!! angry

The truth.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by ComrWanle02: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2022
The reason Oyetola lost to PDP
1. Oyetola
2.Oyetola
3.Oyetola
4. Poor governance
5. Insensitivity
6. Buhari's factor
6. Sympathetic vote for PDP caused by buhari gov't.
7. Going into election with divided house
8. Top influence (Aregbesola's factor)

I live in Osun State........an APC to the core. You know if you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by ClintonEmex: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2022
PDP won because the average Nigerian is tired of APC. We've seen that the party doesn't mean well for us so we're now against them and their propaganda.
Osun people decided to teach APC that power belongs to the people.
What Osun people did is what Nigerians are going to do next year in the coming election. We have rejected APC.
Using someone like Portable to campaign for election shows what you're modeling as a party and Osun people showed them that they're not touts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by seunmsg(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2022
I will adduce three reasons for the defeat.

1. Oyetola is a perfect gentleman. Sadly, politics in Nigeria is not meant for gentlemen. It’s a game that requires a lot of ruggedity, madness, compromise, street credibility and average performance at the minimum. In terms of performance, he did well. In fact, he performed better than a lot of governors that won second term easily.
His politics, however, is something else. A Yahaya Bello or an El-Rufai would have won the election easily. Oyetola should simply go back to his business. Politics is not for people like him.

2. APC has been ruling Osun state consecutively since 2010. That’s 12 straight years. The people simply got tired of the party and wanted something new. Oyetola’s political lukewarmness simply made it worst. At a point, they started calling him “Igbin Iragbiji” (the snail from Iragbiji). Apart from Lagos, no party has governed a SW state for that long in a single stretch.

3. So many people are angry with the performance of Buhari at the National level. They simply transferred the aggression to Oyetola.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by adedayoa2(f): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2022
seunmsg:

1. Oyetola is a perfect gentleman, he has no business in politics.

2. APC has been ruling Osun state consecutively since 2010. That’s 12 straight years. The people simply got tired of the party and wanted something new. Apart from Lagos, no party has governed a SW state for that long in a single stretch.

3. So many people are angry with the performance of Buhari at the National level. They simply transferred the aggression to Oyetola.
Number 3 is the most important in all that you listed, Buhari has succeeded in demarketing APC, and his body language these days is like he doesn't care, he has nothing to loose.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by SadiqBabaSani: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2022
seunmsg:

1. Oyetola is a perfect gentleman. Sadly, politics in Nigeria is not meant for gentlemen. It’s a game that requires a lot of ruggedity, madness, compromise, street credibility and average performance at the minimum. In terms of performance, he did well. In fact, he performed better than a lot of governors that won second term easily.
His politics, however, is something else. A Yahaya Bello or an El-Rufai would have won the election easily. Oyetola should simply go back to his business. Politics is not for people like him.

2. APC has been ruling Osun state consecutively since 2010. That’s 12 straight years. The people simply got tired of the party and wanted something new. Apart from Lagos, no party has governed a SW state for that long in a single stretch.

I call this unbiased analysis, a far cry from your usual Self, how is Jagaban Support groups holding up with the lose?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by abobote: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2022
You are correct, except number 3.
EFCC didn't stop anybody from vote buying.
6: Adeleke's consistency. He really campaigned, even when all the south west PDP leaders abandoned him to his fate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Kagd10: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2022
Sambaby7640:
You're right!

The Ipob delusion cheesy
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by seunmsg(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
I call this unbiased analysis, a far cry from your usual Self, how is Jagaban Support groups holding up with the lose?

Not what we expected but we won’t cry over the defeat. In 2014, something similar happened in Ekiti. Fayemi who was then a lukewarm governor like Oyetola lost his re-election bid to Fayose of PDP. Similar infighting within the party was also witnessed back then between Fayemi and MOB. The party leant from the Ekiti fiasco and still went ahead to win the 2015 presidential election.

Lessons have been learnt and corrections will be taken. Presidential election is still next year February so there is enough time to close ranks and make all necessary adjustments.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by seunmsg(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2022
adedayoa2:
Number 3 is the most important in all that you listed, Buhari has succeeded in demarketing APC, and his body language these days is like he doesn't care, he has nothing to loose.

To be honest, he doesn’t care. No party deserve to have a leader like Buhari. Everything was done for him to be president and he’s doing everything to ruin the party for others. He is a disastrous party man.

If APC governors refuse to get their acts together and unite to work for the party, they may all be in trouble. Buhari has gotten what he wanted, he doesn’t care again about the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by PresidObi: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2022
Nigerians are tired of both APC and PDP. If Labour had a good, popular candidate in Osun, they will easily win.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Sambaby7640: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2022
Kagd10:

The Ipob delusion cheesy
you be ode.. oponu oshi.... I be omoluabi and I don't believe in tribal politics...use your head mumu man

3 Likes

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Kagd10: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2022
Sambaby7640:
you be ode.. oponu oshi.... I be omoluabi and I don't believe in tribal politics...use your head mumu man

Says the Ipob miscreant. Only an ipob miscreant would support Peter Obi who's got no achievement in his state and lives in Tinubu's Lagos where Tinubu initiated Eko Atlantic, Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, BRT, enormous increase in Lagos revenue etc..

You dey mad or what?

2 Likes

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Chiboy419: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2022
You forgot the new electoral act bill that was recently signed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by adedayoa2(f): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
But you don't expect them to kill themselves. For every win, someone must fail.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by HELFMCODED(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2022
Kagd10:

Says the Ipob miscreant. Only an ipob miscreant would support Peter Obi who's got no achievement in his state and lives in Tinubu's Lagos where Tinubu initiated Eko Atlantic, Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, BRT, enormous increase in Lagos revenue etc..

You dey mad or what?

Try to get sense

1 Like

Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by SadiqBabaSani: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2022
The Anger against Buhari by Osun Apc is unjustified
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Kagd10: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2022
HELFMCODED:

Try to get sense

Did I lie? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by meetme01: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2022
seunmsg:

2. APC has been ruling Osun state consecutively since 2010. That’s 12 straight years. The people simply got tired of the party and wanted something new. Oyetola’s political lukewarmness simply made it worst. At a point, they started calling him “Igbin Iragbiji” (the snail from Iragbiji). Apart from Lagos, no party has governed a SW state for that long in a single stretch.

The same problem the Ogun State will encounter. Nigeria's politics is not meant for the faint hearted .

ASUU strike and Buhari's incompetence increased the volume
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by jogsman01(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2022
Since you ain't living in this state, you won't understand. Wait for the presidential election
ThatFairGuy1:
Buhari factor didn't reach Ekiti?
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by Wisetrue99: 11:59am On Jul 17, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
1. The Adeleke's Popularity: truth is after the death of Isiaka Adeleke aka Serubawon there was this sort of sympathy Vote in the Senatorial election that made Ademola Senator. The Adelekes as we all know are a very popular Family in Ede Axis and Osun in general.

2. Apc's Division: Apc in Osun State is a divided house, with TOP (The Osun Progressive) a splinter APC group championed by Rauf Aregbesola -Interior Minister- wanting Adeoti while the incumbent Governors camp ofcourse wanted Oyetola who has power of state apparatus in his hands. This division before and after the Apc party Primaries already showed that there was danger as Rauf is a grass root man who has mastered the various arts involved in winning an election. This division shrinked the support base of the serving Governor and contributed to the lose of the state by the incumbent party as major Party stakeholders either sabotaged the Apc from within or openly worked for the opposition PDP

3. EFCC Anti Vote buying Campaign: As little as many may view this act, it went a long way in discouraging vote buying to some extent. Besides the fact that a few persons were arrested by the Anti graft agency, the thoughts alot of their Presence will dissuade many vote buying party agent from confidently plying their trade

4. APC's Poor Governance in Osun: Without involving propaganda, APC has not really transformed public infrastructures massively as in any Other state outside Lagos in the Southwest region anf particularly Osun state. APC's Governance in Osun state from Rauf to Oyetola has been nothing spectacular, hence there are no visible achievements to campaign with especially by Oyetola. It was even on record that Governor Ganduje had to start campaigning with religion, that people should vote Oyetola because Tinubu chose a Muslim Vice Presidential Candidate, this was because there was nothing to campaign with.

5. INEC: It appears Inec is improving their systems over time, although we cant say much for now since they have not conducted elections over a large area (other 27 states at once since after some of their recent changes including deployment of Bi-modial voting accreditation system-BOVAS), we can only attest to the fact that their systems and processes have improved using Ekiti and Osun as litmus test.

Congratulations to Osun People, although I don't place much confidence in Adelekes ability to deliver the much needed infrastructural development to Osun state, I just think he will be a little improvement over Oyetola. If Adeleke doesn't deliver infrastructure, let him remember that even an incumbent can be removed from government house.

https://www.nairaland.com/7232361/inec-declares-pdps-adeleke-winner

You can add yours
OP I quite agree with you from back to back!

We just have to thank God Almighty who turned Tinubu and Aregbesola against each other!

I hope Tinubu can now come down from his high horse and realize that just as he made others, people also made him! Without God and those people, he is a nobody!

The people are the structures!

No interference from the FG (thumbs up!)

Our securities, I must say worked with the people, they didn't work against the people!

If they continue in this light, they might restore people's hope in them!

Great job everyone!

We say NO! to godfatherism! Osun no be Lagos!

Imole lokan!

We meeeeeve
Re: Osun2022: 5 Reasons Why PDP Won by pstTheo: 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
Sambaby7640:
You're right!

l agree with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Sleeping Is My Hobby As Nigerians Reacts.. / APC Supporter Caught Posting Photoshopped Picture Of Tinubu With "Chicago Staff" / APC And Yahaya Bello Unsmart As Rigging Formula Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.