Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,941 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? (20119 Views)

Photo Of Vendor Supplying Water To Bayelsa State Water Board Goes Viral / Dapo Abiodun Reads Riots Act To Ogun State Water Corporation / Lagos State Water Corporation Apologies Over Water Supply Disruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Favour623(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
In Abia state, yes in some areas
I don't think it's needed here cause almost every house have bore hole
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Favour623(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Vadese1:

I know of Enugu state. The water board system is still working.Though not often. The worst is Delta State where I hail from. The water board system has stop working long time ago. Upon the huge allocation that comes to the state every month, Notting much you see what they use the money for. Our leaders are the worst criminals you can think of. Apart from Abia which remain underdeveloped due to bad leadership also, every other states is far developed than delta State
Abia state is more develop than many state In Nigeria ,in all angles� no cap
As for delta state maybe you didn't get to see Asaba, agbor, warri, and other town, delta state have good road
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by philkay(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
Odin13:

I have a property by transform .. via mount road ..
Property beside the church.. the woman grinding is on my fence
Came to check on it and already out

That's where I used to live... The house facing the church
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by luizpippo(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
All i can say is God will punish Oshiomole, then keep the balance of the punishment for Obaseki.

Two racoons that allowed the same we grew up enjoying to pack up.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by lagosrd: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
The op should have asked people to manage to snap their various state water board facilities and send them here so that those there will up their game. And don't think it's business as usual.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by okechuks22: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

Oga the water board in Enugu is functioning but not everywhere go ask questions
how is it functionin ? functioning only one part is that functioning ur just a full difinition of Nigeria
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Freelancerx: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
Potable water is now a luxury. I'm sure most of the water corporation hardly function.

One thing that is functioning however is trading USDT on Yellow Card
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Odin13: 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
philkay:

That's where I used to live... The house facing the church

The red house ... two storey with a Bq..two storey

A black gate
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by LilCfour: 5:50am On Jul 18, 2022
Do we even have anything like that in Benue state?
Never seen a pipe not to talk of overhead tank. I only hear of water board.

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by southernbelle(f): 5:52am On Jul 18, 2022
IjapaTiroko:
The major reason Water Works in all Nigerian states barely function is because Nigerians mostly DON'T pay their water bill. While growing up, people in the area I used to live will burst water pipes, then we'll start fetching water once the Lagos Water Corporation supplies water at 4/6pm.
The corporation now supplies water 3 times a week.
Nigerians ruined the water corporation just like they ruined NEPA by owing debts and free connection.
This is not to imply that the Water Corporation boards were not complicit in some way, but I'll blame the state governors more for their lack of strict monitoring and punishment of offenders.

Throughout my stay in a Francophone African country, I never lacked water once for 3 years! I always pay my bill on time. If I refuse to pay, the board will come and take away my meter and I dare not burst their pipes. I'll have to go to the Corporation to pay a hefty fine.
My neighbours that didn't pay their bills on time cannot fetch water in my apartment beyond a day cuz my bill will skyrocket!

You are absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by SaturnNick(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2022
9free:

Former governor Jonah Jang will not escape punishment for the 3billion naira world bank loan for greater Jos water plan both him and his cronies diverted to their personal use.
Just hearing of it shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by kolexy(m): 7:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Na wa. Nothing wey person no go hear for our country. Mairuwa dey supply water to Bayelsa water board...an oil rich state. Just as Phcn uses generator to power. Nigeria is finished grin

Which village is that? Are you from Awkaetiti?3

I am very sure it’s another of my eastern bro behind this comment.
Whose function is it? Buhari’s function? Ngozi Okonjo Iweala’s function? Paul Kegame’s function?
Pls enlighten me

Comments like that of Anthonyoz makes most southeast govs misbehave and govern us anyhow...because of our i don’t care attitude. Anthonyoz, ICYMI,Water is essential and a basic amenity. Even the WHO marks ‘Water Day’. So any govt must make it as a point of duty to provide this amenity to her pple. Pls don’t come here and yarn nonsense. It’s high time we held our leaders by their balls whe pressing their necks. I am very sure you’re part of the Nigerians planning to leave the ‘shit hole’ country for a better one. The jokes on you.

The eastern region makes governance seems very hard. I have never seen a state water running in homes. Everybody is digging boreholes for themselves. Even with the river Niger,water is still hard. Don’t really know about southwest.

Lagos state water board still dey exist?

Some parts of Lagos state enjoy public water. However, just like it is with most things in Nigeria, it is not regular. Infact you can't plan with it.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2022
The only place i have access to free community borehole called "hernia-pump" is in Umuokanne village, Ohaji, Imo state.
I never drink government water any other place for this country
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by boyfrank: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2022
You just created a thread to try and bash the east. Not all parts of Kaduna have water. Many parts of KD scoop water from the soil.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:
I am deeply concerned to ask this question on a forum like this to read the reactions and feelings of Nigerians concerning basic infrastructure needs like water in a state.

How many states can boast of portable water running through their houses(I’m not talking about boreholes)...I mean tap water provided by the state govt.

Growing up in the North(Kaduna state to be precise,in d 90s) I still recall how water runs through pipes and then flows to our kitchen tap. Sometimes we don’t see the water for some days and when it finally comes we all become excited for this basic amenity.
This is 2022,how many states can boast of pipe borne water to her people? It’s no longer news that individuals are now providing basic amenities for themselves while those whom they voted into power no longer do their job. For goodness sake why should individuals be sinking boreholes all in the name of having water run through their homes? Where is the govt?

Is this how it is in South Africa?
Is this how it is in Ghana?
Is this how it is in Kenya?
Is this how it is in Rwanda?

If something as simple as tap water can’t be running in homes of millions of Nigeria..can we then say governance in Nigeria is indeed a rocket science? I think the East has a billion and one sunken boreholes than any region. I maybe wrong

I want an open discussion on this thread,pls be objective as possible don’t bring tribal war here.

Is governance in Nigeria a rocket science?
What about Government-Dug Boreholes??
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by RenaissanceGuy: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
mrvitalis:

Firstly say what you know ...Enugu water board still functions , imo still functions ...but the reality is it's far more economical to dig a borehole down south ...it's cheaper 80k to 400k ..and you won't spend more than 5k per year for pumping water
I think it's actually ₦4K to construct a 'borehole' and ₦5 to power it throughout the year. Overtime I've noticed that there's no amount of lie and exaggeration you'll not spin to paint south east as heaven on earth while you condemn other regions.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Dybala11(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lindajames1010:

Bro which year did u serve in enugu? And how was ur experience there? I mean cost of living. How were u able to cope?
I have been posted there presently, but yet to been given PPA.
Can u Suggest any good place for PPA?
2020/2021 batch A Corp member.
I had a good service year there o, I was posted to Udi local government. I'm mostly indoors so I didn't have any problem with being away from the state capital o. I was told by a friend that living in Enugu city is quite expensive, in fact I only come to the state capital whenever I want to patronize ShopRite.
Also, water was a big issue too o, you'll be buying water to do everything you need water for, except if you're able to sort that out. I lived in the corper's lodge, hence I had little problem concerning getting water.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by leofab(f): 12:23am On Jul 19, 2022
Pacesetterz:
hahahaha grin
Nigerians are blindly suffering. Something as basic as water;the govt can’t fix. We truly deserve our leaders.

Enugu water board still functions where pls? And Enugu pple are always crying on the news on lack of basic need as water. Abeg this thread I opened is not for u to come and defend your region. It’s ur type that keeps edging these bloodyy politicians on..they keep misbehaving and make governance look so hard.
do you know Enugu is a state and Enugu is a town?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What APC Government Has Done For Nigeria – Buhari / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] / Governor Tambuwal Joins 2023 Race, Formally Declares For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.