Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like (3572 Views)

Seyi Tinubu Bought $11 million London Mansion In 2017 - Bloomberg / Abba Kyari Building A Mansion In Borno, Offered Neigbour ₦70m - Sahara Reporters / Aerial View Of Tinubu's New Mansion In Ikoyi - Sahara Reporters (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Oluvisual: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oluvisual:
Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpFrh1RQzQg

Not worth the money. Some of the fittings are nothing special. They lack the wow factor even a very tastefully kitted out $400k house would have talk less of $1.7 million.

Check out the sumptious stair and metal laser-cut feature wall used with it, below, from Cabanas DESIGN . The Stairs in the $1.7million house were garish. So also other fittings like the tiles and cheap China lighting.

I no be hater OOO. Lol. Just knowledgeable about interior design and plush decors.

4 Likes

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Most things people spend excessively on are totally not worth the money,they just do it for the sake of pride and the quest to sound and look rich.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by franchasofficia: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Not worth the money. Some of the fittings are nothing special. They lack the wow factor even a very tastefully kitted out $400k house would have talk less of $1.7 million.

Check out the sumptious stair and metal laser-cut feature wall used with it, below, from Cabanas DESIGN . The Stairs in the $1.7million house were garish. So also other fittings like the tiles and cheap China lighting.

I no be hater OOO. Lol. Just knowledgeable about interior design and plush decors.
Same thought I had. It doesn't worth the amount going by the design I saw on the video
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
Same thought I had. It doesn't worth the amount going by the design I saw on the video

You're totally correct in my opinion. Nigerian property developers are very greedy. Worse than politicians even.

They think all potential buyers are Dangote, Otedola or Ned Nwoko.

They are the reason houses not worth more than 40 million are being marketed for 150 million today.

They cut corners too and only think of profit. Majority are conmen.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Golan007: 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Where in the states would you find this house for less than a mill?
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
toobusy:
Most things people spend excessively on are totally not worth the money,they just do it for the sake of pride and the quest to sound and look rich.

You're right. It's an obsession with 'monied' folks in Nigeria. Many have no class or good taste anyway. Whether in homes, cars or even dress sef. All about the price tag.

Everything na Lambo, Maserati Or 'Rarri' yet the car connoisseur who knows cars would rather have a supercar like the 2022 Toyota Supra that is a beast yet still practical, docile and very reliable for everyday use rather than most italian supercar, especially Maseratis, that are money pits to maintain and are unreliable.

All money and no sense is the case with most rich Nigerians. Or maybe na because I no be Burna Boy and no get Lamborghini money grin

Chexk out the Supra leave the Porsche for dead 1.48 minute of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeE6hocWIoM

1 Like

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:

Where in the states would tou find this house for less than a mill?

Its not about what houses cost in the USA. It is about what they should cost in Nigeria. Do you know how many multi-millionaires and billionaires the USA has in comparison to Nigeria?

Also, labour cost peanuts in Nigeria and Lekki is no Beverly hills or Chelsea abi Westminster. The Naija house is comparatively over-priced. Way over priced.

Bro, Nigerians are greedy crooks at everything. The USA home below is less than a million dollars.

4 Likes

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by JohnBullMySon: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Maybe for Nigerian standards. Even at that it, it isn't costly. That is lekki for FGS.

See, In San Francisco, this house will sell at around 5-7 million. In New York City anywhere near the boroughs, Nothing less than 15 million. That house is not cheap.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Maybe for Nigerian standards. Even at that it, it isn't costly. That is lekki for FGS.

See, In San Francisco, this house will sell at around 5-7 million. In New York City anywhere near the boroughs, Nothing less than 15 million. That house is not cheap.

Lekki is not great though. Thats my point. In Westminster this house may be more than £15 million.

Yet Lekki is not even as good as averagely plush UK neighborhoods where you can get similar to this house for circa same money or a bit more.

Bro, below is a UK mansion for a million pounds in an exxlusive area of Dorset called Poole where the likes of Footballers like Jamie Redknapp have homes.

Abeg Naija is suffused with greed jo.

3 Likes

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Golan007: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Its not about what houses cost in the USA. It is about what they should cost in Nigeria. Do you know how many multi-millionaires and billionaires the USA has in comparison to Nigeria?

Also, labour cost peanuts in Nigeria and Lekki is no Beverly hills or Chelsea abi Westminster. The Naija house is comparatively over-priced. Way over priced.

Bro, Nigerians are greedy crooks at everything. The USA home below is less than a million dollars.

You do know your picture states 1/8th ownership?
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Golan007: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lekki is not great though. Thats my point. In Westminster this house may be more than £15 million.

Yet Lekki is not even as good as averagely plush UK neighborhoods where you can get similar to this house for circa same money or a bit more.

Bro, below is a UK mansion for a million pounds in an exxlusive area of Dorset called Poole where the likes of Footballers like Jamie Redknapp have homes.

This house you posted goes for 5.5 million pounds.
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:

You do know your picture states 1/8th ownership?

Well I can show other examples. The point remains that you can pay similar money to get something better than this Lekki home in good parts of the UK and USA far better than Lekki.
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by hothead(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Constructive update ..osheyy take cappuccino bross

Dsalvo:

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Golan007: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

Well I can show other examples. The point remains that you can pay similar money to get something better than this Lekki home in good parts of the UK and USA far better than Lekki.

I'm laughing.

Ask those within 1 and a half hours of London how much a typical 2 bedroom house with hardly any garden or parking space costs.

Let's look for a 3 bedroom in Manhattan and find what the going rate is.

The first thing in real estate is location.

Next is the true cost of construction.

1 Like

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:

This house you posted goes for 5.5 million pounds.

Bro, kindly check oit picture 1 to 18 of the house available foe offers over £2 million in same Poole area.

Check out the quality of finishing, hot-tub, landscape etal. Totally different level. If you begin to then ask similar money for a house in Lekki to the one below is it not obvious the Lagos market in general is a grossly over-inflated market where greed is setting the price and true elasticity of popular demand?

You do know most Nigerian property experts say the same thing I am saying?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124311590#/media?id=media0&channel=RES_BUY

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by GamalNasser: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:

Where in the states would you find this house for less than a mill?

Texas , Utah
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by JohnBullMySon: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

It's not just about the aesthetics of the neighborhood but rather the demand and where the wealthy and middle class like to live. If the wealthy class wait to see a neighborhood like such you mentioned or Bel air. They won't see that in Nigeria.

For a city as Lagos with a big population, economy and wealthy people. 1.7 million for a house that size isn't a long shot.

For the UK home, I just googled that pic. Read it again, the price of that property is 5.5 million euros and not 1 million.
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nonsense I go use that same money buy better mansion for monaco close to Lewis hamilton own
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by ade80: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

How much will be the yearly property tax in the US

1 Like

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by wiseone28: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
I'm happy with my hut

Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by NaijaCuzin: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

and their salary in usa
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
You will get a house more beautiful than this in Cape town for half the price
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Golan007:

I'm laughing.

Ask those within 1 and a half hours of London how much a typical 2 bedroom house with hardly any garden or parking space costs.

Let's look for a 3 bedroom in Manhattan and find what the going rate is.

The first thing in real estate is location.

Next is the true cost of construction.

It's funny you are comparing Lekki with those locations! When we talk of high class areas globally, Lekki won't be listed not to talk of taking the last position.

What are the basic amenities available in the locality? The most basic thing "water" is not even available! That you can find a boutique house a million dollar in US and in London doesn't mean it must be same in Nigeria. It's not competition.
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
I no know wetin una dey argue here....my own be say I no go allow any nigerian architect or interior decorator plan and design my house...I no wan live inside brick and mortar burial inspired design for the rest of my life
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by blackmantis: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
And no elevator?
Re: What A $1,700,000 Mansion In Lekki Look Like by DWickedLandLord: 12:32am On Jul 18, 2022
People that have never bought land advising millionaires on property class.

Shut up abeg.

(1) (Reply)

The PETER OBI Poster I Found In My Neighborhood / Obi supporters Vow To Bring “violence” And “weapons” To Lagos Elections / Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.