Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US (56246 Views)

Drug Dealers Breaking Into Graves To Steal Skeleton For "Demonic" Drugs / Lagos OPC Members Kill Man For Breaking Into Hotel Room During Lovers' Sex Romp / Thief Caught In Oyigbo After Breaking Into Church To Steal Amplifier In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by LIVE08(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
The police have arrested a Nigerian woman, Peace Ofoego for breaking into multiple private mansions to sleep in Hamptons, New York.

The 32-year-old woman has been labelled ‘Goldilocks of the Hamptons’ over her tricks in Westhampton, where she has been arrested three times for finding comfort at homeowners’ backyards, pool houses and rooms.

Daily Mail said Ofoego had broken into nothing less than seven mansions in posh territory to sleep for the past few months, and thus been arrested three times for trespassing since the end of May.

According to the police, Ofoego from Nigeria said she was fleeing from an abusive husband in Florida, and has claimed she was trying hard to find a place to regain custody of her children.

It was reported that a resident of Westhampton, Peter Nesvold, took her photos as she tried gaining entrance into his home while his wife was inside. Nesvold called police and Ofoego was arrested and was taken away shortly afterwards.

Another person, John Mallon, caught Ofoego inside his $35,000-a-month rented apartment. He also called police and asked them to record the incident, but refused to press charges against her.

Reports disclosed that Ofoego was first sighted in Westhampton Beach on Memorial Day weekend, when a resident reported to police that a “black female wearing a black trench coat and sandals” was wandering through the backyard construction site of his four-bedroom rental property – just about a mile from the village’s train station.

When police arrived on May 29, she told them he had no identification or credit cards because she had been robbed while living in Washington DC.

She also said she traveled to New York City a few days earlier, from where she boarded a rail road to Westhampton Beach, where she said she was looking for a hotel room near the ocean.

Police then helped her find a local homeless shelter where she said she wanted to charge her computer “and transfer funds to an account.”

But just a few days later, on June 2, she was seen wandering through the wealthy neighborhood again – and it would not be the last time.

Daily Mail reported that the authorities said that Ofoego passed through an unlocked gate that leads from the beach to a $275,000-a-month eight-bedroom rental on exclusive Dune Road.

She then allegedly entered the house through an unlocked back deck, where she relaxed until police showed up – and charged her with criminal trespass.

“Subject stated she was staying at a house down the road and entered the stated residence to ask somebody about a restaurant to eat at,” a police report obtained by the Post says.

Then just two days later, on June 4, Ofoego was again spotted ‘staying’ in the pool house of a property that rents at $35,000 a month.

When police showed up that time and were attempting to find another homeless shelter for Ofoego, “Peace began walking away,” an officer wrote in his report, adding that he cautioned her that if she kept wandering into village homes she would again be arrested for trespassing.

Ofoego’s last encounter with the Westhampton police came on June 24 at a ‘quintessential beachfront estate’ that features seven bedrooms and was listed for rent at a whopping $280,000 in July and August.

According to the police report, she boldly walked into the second-story bedroom, which was shocking to the homeowner, which led to the call on police who came to the scene and arrested her.

But when they were processing her paperwork at the police department, Ofoego was said to have told the police officers they were mistaken and she just “went inside to look at the rental.”

“You just want to arrest me,” she allegedly accused them. “All I did was look for a rental.”

Ofoego has been spending her days walking through the village and along the beach, residents have reported on Facebook.

Some have said they saw her on back roads, on Main Street, at a summerhouse where bands play during the summer months and at a local marina.

Sometimes she was seen wearing the same black trench coat and black knit beanie she was reported in back in May – despite hot temperatures.

Janet Feldman, for example, commented on the Westhampton Beach Area Community Forum, said she saw Ofoego walking on the beach and down Dune Road while walking her dog in the morning.

“She seems mentally unwell for sure,”Feldman wrote.

Marie Costelli also commented: “A few weeks ago, she approached me in Lidl asking for help. She needed money to pay for her groceries.

“As I was handing her some cash, which she took, a man who may have been the store manager asked her to leave. I felt sorry for her, I hope she gets the help she needs,” Costelli said.

Ofoego has said she looks forward to defending herself in court, refusing a court-ordered public defender at hearings on July 6 and July 13.

At one of those hearings, Liam Anthony DeFronzo wrote, Ofoego was arguing with the judge.

And days earlier, the Post reports, when officers were trying to serve her with a subpoena to appear in court, she told them they were harassing her and threatened to sue them.

“It seemed to me she is angry with where she is in life and with the system,” DeFronzo posited. “Ultimately, it seems she’s looking for a place to sleep, but of course you never know what she might do, and it’s not acceptable to break into homes.

“Does she truly want help in finding some sort of shelter and is doing this as a cry for help? I don’t know, but I felt compelled to help her the other day in the courtroom,”
he said.

She told the Post she was born in Nigeria, but has lived in the United States for the past 13 years – coming to the country when she was 19 years old and settling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where she began studying medical science at Southern University.

She also said her father is a journalist in Nigeria, and she was educated in boarding schools before coming to the United States.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/police-arrest-homeless-nigerian-woman-notorious-for-breaking-into-mansions-to-sleep-in-us/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by delpee(f): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
Very sad. Clearly mental issues are involved. Hope her family and friends will rally round her to put her back in shape.

217 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Mraphel: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Advice to women

Marry a man that truly loves you don't chase after rich men for marriage.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Cypress042(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mental issues, mere looking at the picture she doesn't look normal. I pray her people find her and do the needful smiley

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Mraphel: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
delpee:
Very sad. Clearly mental issues are involved. Hope her family and friends will rally round her to put her back in shape.
She's gone through a lot . that's depression..she needed help but far from it.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Okoroawusa: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
Nwam no na Amelica. Onataba obute dorras.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by gaetano: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
She need psychiatric help.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Godpunishanymod: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
In TEN HAG we TRUST

Naso, we caught one guy for here, two days back, trying to enter the lodge wey student dey live just because dem never come back from their vacation....

When boys challenged Oga, Oga want run, but boys collect Oga bag searched wetin dey inside Oga bag...

Wetin dem find na GARRI, WRAPPER, PERFUME, SANDAL, GROUNDNUT, COMB... He looks more like a camper... cry

May GOD helps all suffering NIGERIANS
Meanwhile.....

The Mod wey ban me till 2031, just know sey village people don open your file

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
I pray she gets help soon

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by sirblend: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
How did he get VISA to USA?

5 Likes

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by VladimirPutiin(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
She needs thorough mental help

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by bewla(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Just for sleep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Nostradamu(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Her family should do something. At least they have the systems to handle this sort of issue over there. That's if she's truly mentally challenged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Tb222(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Nawa o, you break inside house u even get mind sleep inside house wey person no know you, for america wey be say if person abuse person him fit collect hot lead for body, you get luck oooh, she was lucky she wasn't shot because right now no body is joking...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Kudoss: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Omo
Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
read the case

Seems like she married an American, the marriage failed, and things went south from there....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by FreeStuffsNG: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
I pray she finds healing and justice.

I hope she is not among those who live overseas and talk down on Nigeria not knowing that some of their mates here in Nigeria are living far better life than them here in Nigeria.

Nigeria will never bless anyone who speak ill of the land and even if you are far away you are still going to reap all your curses on the land. Just watch it so that your transient comfort does not make you puff up to start talking down on Nigeria.

And if you bless Nigeria so will you be blessed but you curse Nigeria so will your life be cursed. Be careful and bless Nigeria all the time.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
Meanwhile, if you want free business ideas and directory of money sources, please check my signature. Cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Commentor: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mpuru mmiri?
Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by rowland545(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Haa those people are nice shaa...imagine someone breaking into my house and tried eating my egusi soup DAT use 1500 to. Make...

D kind beating she go chop ehh

Its better she stays der and kip breaking into people's house than return home and eat corn and cassava... I mean no offence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Lagosianswag: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Even Elon Musk said He is Homeless undecided

This Earth Is Just a Passage.

Heaven Is Home.

Moral of the Story: Let's Try To Give Shelter To The Homeless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Blizzy300: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
TF man undecided
Can't they let her take a nap?

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by gasparpisciotta: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
She could be suffering from acute depression

The system will eventually take her in and look after her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by Cypress042(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Nwam no na Amelica. Onataba obute dorras.
I would bet my balls you didn't read the thread before commenting. It can happen to anyone experiencing depression, there's know reason to be sarcastic here cool.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by tradingknowled1: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
this is very sad , she might be having mental issues .. They should try and connect the family
meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship . PM me let's begin your trading Journey together

1 Like

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by CHoccolaTE: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mraphel:
Advice to women

Marry a man that truly loves you don't chase after rich men for marriage.

Advice to men

Marry a woman that truly loves you, don't chase after attractive or beautiful women for marriage.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by OK2NVME: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Igbos and trespassing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by humberjade: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
She is clearly mentally unstable, no be everybody dey strong enough to withstand the tests and trials of life. I pray she finds help

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by DKM123: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
Go to Uselu Psychiatric hospital and see many housewives whom after suffering so much emotional and physical torture from thier spouses have now lost thier minds.

Be intentional about marrying a GOOD decent man. Never compromise on that. Never...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Ofoego Notorious For Breaking Into Mansions To Sleep Arrested In The US by lexy2014: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
LIVE08:
The police have arrested a Nigerian woman, Peace Ofoego for breaking into multiple private mansions to sleep in Hamptons, New York.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/police-arrest-homeless-nigerian-woman-notorious-for-breaking-into-mansions-to-sleep-in-us/

She is wasting her slot in America. Her slot is needed by others here in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mad Woman Killed By Ritualists In Ondo, Breasts And Eyes Removed. Graphic Photo / Navy Officials Kill Jobs Seekers At Warri Refinery (Photos) / Armed Robber Gunned Down, Items Recovered After Shootout With SARS. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.