Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,966 members, 7,863,435 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Employee Are No Longer Impressed By Pay Check - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employee Are No Longer Impressed By Pay Check (264 Views)

N-EXIT: You Can No Longer Access The Portal, Please Read This / When Does Your Grade No Longer Matter To Employers? / Why Women Live Longer Than Men (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Employee Are No Longer Impressed By Pay Check by lavylilly: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2022
Sometime ago, a high profile candidate rejected an offer we extended to him. As a recruiter, I was disappointed due to the time and effort invested in the entire process. The business had undergone a strategy refresh, and this particular role was critical to success at the next level.

I took some time to engage with the candidate and inspite of my initial feeling of disappointment, I was impressed at his response.

"I had a conversation with my line manager on my proposed exit and he asked me to consider carefully.
Truth is the company has been really supportive outside of work. Infact, when I had a health scare, they went all out for me. I'd say I feel really safe here".

This response brings to mind a research report I read which indicated 80% of #employeeexperience is based on the quality of interaction between team members and their managers. Only a meagre 20% is determined by HR!

My 3 major takeaways from this experience are:

- The talent market has changed forever! Employees are no longer impressed by paychecks and benefits alone. The 3Bs model of creating a sense of Believing, Belonging and Becoming by Dave Ulrich gives a brilliant emphasis.

- #Empathy has become a key leadership competency. This is made even more obvious in the post COVID workplace. It is important to highlight the connection between the candidate and his manager. The fact that he felt confident discussing details of a new offer without fear of discrimination speaks volumes

- Businesses should strive to create #psychological safety across teams by making leadership development a priority. I like to say the fact a staff has spent 10years in a unit doesn't qualify him/her to become manager or team lead!

Leaders play a vital role in shaping organisational #culture as such attention should be given to the quality of individuals trusted with the responsibility of leading teams.

A shout-out to leaders who truly inspire. May we find them, may we be them.

Your thoughts?
#emotionalintelligence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Are No Longer Impressed By Pay Check by lavylilly: 2:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Furniture Factory Operations Manager, Ajah 200k / Do You Have A Job For Me? / Nannies Between 25years To 40years, Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.