Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off (19180 Views)

HELP!!! Just Got Laid Off At Work. / 4 Things You Need To Work For A Foreign Firm Remotely From Nigeria / My Company Just Laid Off Some Staff And I Was Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by liver123(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
H2ho:
Go on Linkedln and register

Plenty jobs await you angry
please how do I search for job on LinkedIn. I have the APP but I have not come across any vacancy

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by SpyAC(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Faller:
One of the reasons I don't think I can ever work for anyone.......

carry me along nah, me de fine job too
Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
Faller:
One of the reasons I don't think I can ever work for anyone.......

My brother I’ll rather own it walahi I don suffer for bosses hand

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Makowonda: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:
1. Pray

2. Pray harder

3. Sow a seed to your Pastor

4. Keep sowing bigger seeds.

And you'll get another job soonest.

This I have seen.
How can you sow a seed to a rich and well fed pastor when your unemployed ny×ash is broke and hungry?

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Ppp1p: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
Move on simple

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Oyindamolah: 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
Just make sure you are not sitting around and doing nothing while searching for that job.

Jump on hard skills, master your soft skills, read books, YouTube can teach you alot, just make sure you are doing something and upskilling.

Most times, apart from finances what leads to depression in unemployment is sitting around and doing nothing.

An idle mind is still the devil's workshop. Get busy.�

It's a new week. Stay positive and motivated. I hope something good happens to you this week.���

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Oyindamolah: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
liver123:
please how do I search for job on LinkedIn. I have the APP but I have not come across any vacancy
Feeling stuck in your #Career

1. #Identify the emotion: Identify means you can try to narrow down the exact feeling you are experiencing. Why exactly are you feeling stuck? get somebody to walk you through the process. don't keep saying I don't why. Take your time to analyze the feeling

2. Acknowledge the #emotion: I am feeling stuck in my career, Why? Because I no longer add value or because I am not the best staff or because I am not a value-adding staff. You need to be honest with yourself. The journey starts with honesty

3. Go back to your #why's: Why did you venture into this career from the beginning? what was your motivation?

4. Go back to your #careerJournal: It is important you keep a journal of all your career wins and achievement. Do not belittle any achievements. The listed wins will help you believe in yourself

5. #Explore: Be open to exploring other areas in your career e.g You work in the HR Sector, Try and explore other parts of HR apart from recruitment, you can try performance management, learning and development.

6. #Set new goals: you might need to write new goals for yourself this will help you look forward to work constantly and encourage you to keep your focus

7. #Mindset: You need to have the right mindset. your mind is important. if your mind is not aligned. everything else won't align. You need to identify what your intentions are, and what exactly is your motive. E.g Are you feeling stuck because of peer pressure or are you feeling stuck because you are not willing to learn.

8. #Habit: If you can change your daily routine or habit at work. it will cause a lot of change. switch things a bit. Add something new to your daily routine, and go out of your comfort zone. e.g take a walk around your office during Lunch break, Actively involve in conversation during lunch break

9. #Environment: Your environment matters a lot. The environment here means people and the vibe around you. Do communicate if you are drained mentally or you need to get rest. Do you feel you are not valued, can you communicate this to your manager or #HR

10. Seek #solution: Refuse to wallow in self-pity. be bold and seek the solution.

A survey of more than 14,600 employees across 12 states in Nigeria found that while people feel stuck at work, they are ready to regain control of their futures.
You can come out of this and do excellently well in your career.
Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Solomon777: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
i resigned from my private school teaching job, to enable me gain a sustainable job.... am a graduate of Economics and statistics ...... 8 year teaching experience , served as head of department, at a time head of admin...... 08060605052.... CALL ME FOR ANY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY.... GOD BLESS YOU! AMEN!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by mediclife1987(m): 12:06am On Jul 20, 2022
RapportNaija:
You're right! Even on Twitter, people jump out to announce that they need support after getting laid off...

But in Nigeria, we shy away from it -- because we don't want to be shamed. Unemployed people are tagged with shame, that's why many Nigerians remain in toxic workplaces and stay underemployed just because they want to go out there and be associated with unemployment again.

No be small!

Some Nigerians would even tell you it's bad to ask for help, just because they're strangers...
Such is life in this wicked part of the world called Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by mediclife1987(m): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2022
rickyrex:
Motivational speaker, who dey celerate failure for this country, try post am say you lost your job and see how nigerians instead of to help nah prayer and motivational stckers them go dey send give you, infact nah then you go see churches wey need members go dey invite you for weekly program.To con worsen am GNLD go take advantage of your life thinking dey are helping you

No be lie my brother. People should know Nigeria is different from any sane country...
Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by upuphim(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2022
Job loss can be an open door for greater opportunity to make it big. Many are living witnesses at Pwan Group real estate business. If you are out job, try us. For additional stream of income, try us by reaching me at comoli2009@gmail.com.
Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2022
Pojomojo:
In 2020 I lost my job (I should have said A job, not MY job, because saying my job makes me feel ‘entitled’, but you get the gist).

Two weeks after that job loss, I started actively engaging on social media and sharing my job loss journey.

Then I started receiving messages like “You are courageous” from other Africans who experienced same ordeal, because I was ‘confident’ to tell the world I was laid off and share the highs and lows of job searching.

I however saw professionals from other climes in Europe, America, Asia coming out here on LinkedIn saying they lost their jobs and asking for help and support.

But here in Africa we were quiet and hiding. ☹️

Layoffs are happening again and I see same trend happening again in Africa.

If you lost your job and you are in Africa, it’s okay to make a post about it and ask for help.

I am infact challenging you to make a post and or series of posts about your job loss journey.

Why? Just like when it happened to me and I leveraged social media to share about my journey, the following can happen for you:

�You would let your network know about what happened and you never know the kind of opportunities you are opening yourself up to
�You would be able to get ideas from people on companies recruiting, as people want to really help.
�You can get on the spot side gigs and consulting opportunities, to keep you sane and busy while you job search for the kind of jobs you are indeed deserving of
�Lastly this career experience may be the start of building a formidable personal brand, that is more than its worth in gold.

Can I connect with u on LinkedIn.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Threesha(f): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
Solomon777:
i resigned from my private school teaching job, to enable me gain a sustainable job.... am a graduate of Economics and statistics ...... 8 year teaching experience , served as head of department, at a time head of admin...... 08060605052.... CALL ME FOR ANY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY.... GOD BLESS YOU! AMEN!!!!
newly established company in Lagos seeks to employ a seasoned confectioner with experience in the large scale production of snacks especially cup-cakes and chin-chin. Qualifications obtained at tertiary level in related disciplines will be considered a plus.

Only candidates who have drawn cognate experience from a reasonably sized snack company will be considered.

The remuneration is very attractive and carer growth supported by in-service training is assured. Transit accommodation (3 months) may be provided for exceptional candidates recruited from outside Lagos who scale through the selection process.

Interested candidates may apply via;

bionicaconsult@gmail.com
Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
H2ho:
Go on Linkedln and register

Plenty jobs await you angry
LinkedIn don taya me.

An Employer go post 2 vacancies you go see 1000+ people applying.

I fucking need a Job now

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Threesha(f): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:
LinkedIn don taya me.

An Employer go post 2 vacancies you go see 1000+ people applying.

I fucking need a Job now
Start a business, you say you don't have capital.

They say get a job, you say there are no jobs.

They say do this particular job, you say how can a whole graduate like me be doing that 'kian' job

They say do your job, you say you cannot come and "keee" yourself for another man's business.

They say volunteer, you say who volunteer epp.

They say invest, you say investment nah scam.

They say travel, you say this one wey accident and kidnapping dey happen up and down, daily.

They say attend a conference, you say wetin dem wan teach you wey you neva hear before.

They say Nigeria will be better, you say this country wey don "dabaru finish" with corruption.

They say Paul just bought a new property, you say forget that thing, you know how he started.

They say Amaka just got married, you say "tah" forget that thing, is marriage an achievement?

Unku, Hanty...

Shebi you see how negativity has finished you?

You better save yourself now oooh!

Nothing remarkable is happening in your life because you keep chasing good things away.

As soon as a good thing wants to come to your life, you wave your flag of negativity and it flees.

You would rather find excuse to your negativity than take responsibility to change your attitude.

Now, if you are locked in this attitude, I'm sorry to say this, you will never grow in whatever you do

Even if you grow, your negative energy will drag you back down. At the end, you would be trapped.

Negativity may make you sound or look logical, but at the end, it will only keep you imprisoned.

Learn to set yourself free.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off by Pojomojo: 1:40am On Aug 07, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

Can I connect with u on LinkedIn.
Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Interview Questions And Answers Plus Other Interview Tips / Invitation For Job Interview At Oriental Food Industries Ltd Ibadan / How Do I Get Over This Job Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.