Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State (7217 Views)

Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) / BOMB; APC Sabotaged Our Govt, We Will Do Same To Them - Lamido. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Mcleo007(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
The state of the Nigerian polity is best explained by way of drawing close attention to the challenges faced by its citizens. Nigeria is doomed, I must confess. And as sad as it is, the solution to the many problems is very simple and affordable; if only everyone can stop being 'greedy' and live for the common good.
I travelled to port-Harcourt yesterday to make a product delivery. Despite that, the product is clean and not contra-banned, one still had to 'settle' policemen and mopol. Imagine the no of check points from Lagos to pH and how many policemen that "robbed" one off 50 naira and 100 naira. The guess u make is as good as mine. Aside the police ppl, the roads are deplorable. So bad! And u might ask, why do u have to settle wen u goods are clean? But then, who wants to be delayed? Imagine a police officer asking for custom duty? That is silly!

However the reason for this thread is just so we make comments, share pictorial experiences of the highways in Nigeria. God, those roads are death traps. No wonder, costs of transportation increases all the time inspite of a constant price of petrol over the last 2 yrs or so. And pls, enuf of this "God help us" crap. Only weaklings and unseriius ppl settle for such expressions. Its our fight and not God's. God does not promote corruption. We shouldn't make mockery of God.

Its a known fact, most of our leaders don't use the roads. They go by flight. As such, given the wide popularity of Nairaland it is my belief that they can easily come across whatever feelings we air out here. Now, your contributions.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Mcleo007(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
Benin-Ore express road.

Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Mcleo007(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
Benin-Ore road. Gully on a highway

Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Mcleo007(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
More.

Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by blacksta(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
I thought this road was fixed just before the election - How many times will they attempt to fix this road.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Mcleo007(m): 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
blacksta:

I thought this road was fixed just before the election - How many times will they attempt to fix this road.

Guess u know better.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Ibime(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
blacksta:

Where is that magan called PapaBrowne:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-644476.0.html

(1.) Benin-Ore was fixed before election
(2.) Train was running before election

grin grin grin

Lets not even get into the number of refineries, universities and fertiliser plants promised by that big-nose (real life pinnochio) called GEJ.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Arosa(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
them dey fear to repair that road?
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by bashr4: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
they dey fear to repair that road?
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by aljharem(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
WHERE IS THAT IDEEIOT CALL BEAF PAPABROWN AND CO

bunch of stu.pid people angry angry

do they know the amount of people that die every year from that road angry Minister of works . what are you doing

are you just giving contracts to ur friends and collegues or are you doing ur job

stu.pid country angry angry
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ibime:

Where is that magan called PapaBrowne:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-644476.0.html

(1.) Benin-Ore was fixed before election
(2.) Train was running before election

grin grin grin

Lets not even get into the number of refineries, universities and fertiliser plants promised by that big-nose (real life pinnochio) called GEJ.

Oh lawdy lord!!! U be badt guy grin, I thought of that thread when I saw this one. How dare you call my presido pinocchio?! lwkmd
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by daniellle(f): 12:22am On Jul 30, 2011
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by kulutempa: 12:25am On Jul 30, 2011
Seun, if you are reading this,  I think there should be a separate section on Nairaland dedicated to  the poor state of our infrastructure and inviting photographs such as the ones above, from concerned citizens.  If it would help, I don't mind moderating the section if no one else is willing to do it,  as I strongly believe that such powerful images can make a difference and prod our leader to address the problem.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Jul 30, 2011
This was the same road that Odechukwu reetardeens supporters posted on Nl that it has been fixed.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by r231(m): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2011
na wa o
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by aljharem(m): 12:36am On Jul 30, 2011
dayokanu:

This was the same road that reetardeens supporters posted on Nl that it has been fixed.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dk no kill pesin grin grin grin
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by dayokanu(m): 12:41am On Jul 30, 2011
^^ Why did you remove "Odechukwu" from my post?
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by jumpmasta(m): 12:56am On Jul 30, 2011
SO SO SAD
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Patsey: 1:37am On Jul 30, 2011
GIANT OF AFRICA IN DEED
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Kc0022000(m): 2:11am On Jul 30, 2011
Death trap shocked l travel that road once and never again IJN
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by jason123: 2:19am On Jul 30, 2011
Death trap.
I am glad the campaigns are over. . .back to square ONE! The reality on ground!!!
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by OAM4J: 2:26am On Jul 30, 2011
I have a dream! One day the road will be fixed. cheesy

But seriously, this is bad. The is the same road Allison Maduake wept over in 2007, and more than 4yrs after, the road remains a death trap to many Nigerians. Jesus wept!
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by MadDog1(m): 2:30am On Jul 30, 2011
those mini bus reminds of God is Good buses(as of last two yrs), the private sector of nigeria is doing fine just that the goverment is pulling things back!
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by MadDog1(m): 2:33am On Jul 30, 2011
dont nigeria have a road maintanance comp,atleast after construction of new roads,they will be maintaining it, embarassed
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by koruji(m): 2:35am On Jul 30, 2011
They have no ideas!!!

OAM4J:

I have a dream! One day the road will be fixed. cheesy

But seriously, this is bad. The is the same road Allison Maduake wept over in 2007, and more than 4yrs after, the road remains a death trap to many Nigerians. Jesus wept!
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Kc0022000(m): 2:37am On Jul 30, 2011
Mad Dog!!!:

dont nigeria have a road maintanance comp,atleast after construction of new roads,they will be maintaining it, embarassed
Who's money will be used to maintain it in the first place ? cheesy
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by MadDog1(m): 3:19am On Jul 30, 2011
Kc0022000:

Who's money will be used to maintain it in the first place ? cheesy
c' mmon. federal got the money!
if country without mineral resouces can, then why wont us
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by ajibsca: 4:06am On Jul 30, 2011
I was chatting with friends earlier this evening and talking about not the lack of infrastructure, But NO INFRASTRUCTURE. The only name that can be used to qualify state of roads in this country as far as I'm concerned is DEADLY AND PITIABLE. I have been opportuned to travel to a few countries and I can tell u that Nigeria is a joke. The roads are mainly responsible for many of our automobile damages, many accidents etc. There are poor road safety precautions, little or no road signs but the worst of all are those death trap, Imagine driving at about speed of 80 and all of a sudden you are in front of a pit and no one is doing anything about it. These potholes are also mainly responsible for the many traffic congestions in the country because every car user is trying to run away from the death traps and drive on level ground , It doesnt cost this government anything to build new roads where it deem fit and stop patching our roads, sometimes even with CEMENT, Many nigerians in diaspora might not be financially stable but the fact that they are getting value for their tax payers money alone in form of UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY ,GOOD AND AFFORDABLE TRANSPORT SYSTEM, LOW CRIME RATE , CONTROL OF COMMODITY PRICES AGAINST HIKES UNLIKE NAIJA WHERE I HAVE ONLY KNOWN AND NO DEFLATION , GOOD HEALTH CARE ETC. NAIJA I BOW 4 ONA, NAIJA NA COUNTRY WHEN DEM SUPPOSE DEY TAKE SWEAR FOR PERSON. YES, NAIJA IS STILL AN UNDER DEVELOPED COUNTRY BUT ARE WE GOING TO USE 10 DEMOCRATIC DISPENSATIONS TO DISPENSE TO OURSELVES QUALITY LIFE.
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by ajibsca: 4:23am On Jul 30, 2011
The truth is our black minds have been blinded enough by these corrupt government what we dont even know what the definition of living a stress free life is like in this country. When Fashola repairs a new road, we say Fashola is trying, Is he using his fathers money to repair them Or are we supposed to be driving in holes Or can you explain how a government worker who earns a minimum wage of 18,000 naira which is about 1,000 x what a senator earns use his salary to buy 10litres of petrol everyday which is equivalent to his salary just to buy fresh air and watch tv. He get wife o , He get pikin o when dey go private school because the same government schools are nothing but a meeting of poverty oriented children in classrooms without windows and doors being numbered sometimes over 100 against 1 teacher lol, Nigeria is nothing but a joke. Until we can stand up and go to war with these people looting billions of our country's treasure without having nothing to show for it , Nigeria is going nowhere. It has become National cake. Chop your own and leave the rest
Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Rhino5dm: 5:14am On Jul 30, 2011
OP wetin you see sef? I gamble using the road after the much touted claim by PDP in-house hunting dogs and i paid with everything. Stranded in the middle of nowhere was the prhase that gave me compassion throughout my ordeal.

Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Rhino5dm: 5:28am On Jul 30, 2011
If go no go nko? We resolved make things happen through the bush while some hungry looking youths are busy obtaining people of their belonging. . .such was the breath of fresh air!!

Re: Benin-Ore Highway: Let's Show Our Govt Its Deplorable State by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 30, 2011
I wonda why everybody is complaining when the road is still passable! See vehicular and human traffic on the roads for heaven sakes!

In four years time, it would av turn to a ghost/hunted roads then no human will dear to pass it unless you carry jazz!

[size=28pt]FRESH AIR!
[/size]

[size=18pt]WE ASKED FOR IT! NOW WE HAVE IT! LETS ENJOY IT WITHOUT COMPLAIN![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY / Congratulations To A Worthy Achiever On His Call To Bar / Breaking! Enugu Central Police Station Under Siege As Biafrans Barricade It-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.