Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% (18546 Views)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 18.75% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 16.5% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Aboki c0ck sucker.

See, I didn't have to hide with a dirty language to express myself.

F00l. cheesy

Auntty ,go and sleep.
You need it
Don't let's us derail this wonderful thread pls.
Enough Is enough
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Auntty ,go and sleep.
You need it.

She male, shut the fvCk up.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by lonecatt(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
buckeyemedia:
You seem to only focus on Buhari & The Federal Government, our constitution of 1999 as amended guarantees 3 tiers of government, Federal, States & Local Government, what of your States & Local governments, can you mention any commodities they exported for foreign exchange based on their comparative advantages?

You are no different from President Buhari, laying the blame game, Charity they say begins @ home.
when we come to the state and local government we will hold those responsible,for now this is a federal level issue and those who should be blamed should be blamed.
Or do you expect me to start blaming my state governor for this too? Even though he has a lot of blames at state level.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
Increase in interest rate but can’t increase income per capita

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Only a mad animal will indulge with a supposed mad lady.

Big f00l with empty brain . I am watching you on this forum. You and that your g@y partner you were defending on something that ain't your bizwax. Olofofo ed1ot.

Which gay partner if I may ask.

Everyone knows I detest gays na,so this rubbish ain't gonna fly grin
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
sammyuche:

You're not quoting a novice sir as I'm well vast on the subject matter. Same tax rate was increased to 13% just last year alone. So we should keep increasing tax rate just to curb an inflating economy? Then that's a failed economy. Rubbish

other measures are also put in place to ensure that money circulates almost evenly..

when money reduces in an economy CBN often reduces interest rate to supply more money...But you will never see such news because the media wants to intentionally feed negative news...

and it seems you re a completely ignorant of what tax rate are and what interest rate are...judging from the bolded
stop disgracing urself if u have no clue about something simply type on google and learn..tax rate was never raised to 13% and tax rate and interest rate are two different things ...smh dont comment on things u have no clue about
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by gloryman91: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
An Islamic government promoting Ar-Ribah interest forbidden in Islam.

What a Muslim government indeed ?
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by karkinase(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
Interest rate is actually good for the economy na, in essence more interest per savings, when you save you get more interest on your principal, simply a way to curb inflation by encouraging savings from individuals.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
lonecatt:
Are you also celebrating the fact that your country depends on only oil for export?
What did buhari tell you when he was seeking for election?
Why are there no local industries producing goods for exports ?
Why do you support a government whose only dependence for revenue is oil?
Why have we been borrowing over the years just to build infrastructures that will not help local businesses?
Why are investors running away only for you to start increasing interest rate just to meet up for the investors you chase away?
Are Nigerians to blame for the failures of those they entrusted with power who claim they would turn things around economically?
How do we believe or take serious those who from day one have blamed the previous government for the economic woes Nigeria is presently witnessing? What is their business in governance in the first place?

read what you quoted again..
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by mkoabiola: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Emefiele d worst CBN governor

Stil wondering how he got d appointment

A dounce

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Which gay partner if I may ask.

Everyone knows I detest gays na,so this rubbish ain't gonna fly grin

Yet, you came defending that g@y tout. Keep deceiving yourself.

I am watching you.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by lonecatt(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

read what you quoted again..
Are you also celebrating the fact that your country depends on only oil for export?
What did buhari tell you when he was seeking for election?
Why are there no local industries producing goods for exports ?
Why do you support a government whose only dependence for revenue is oil?
Why have we been borrowing over the years just to build infrastructures that will not help local businesses?
Why are investors running away only for you to start increasing interest rate just to meet up for the investors you chase away?
Are Nigerians to blame for the failures of those they entrusted with power who claim they would turn things around economically?
How do we believe or take serious those who from day one have blamed the previous government for the economic woes Nigeria is presently witnessing? What is their business in governance in the first place?
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

I am watching you.

Weyrey koshi lo.
Go and sleep.

If you can't tell me who I was defending grin

See mouth like "I am watching you" angry
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mr. Right, did you know implications on increasing existing interest rate to the companies that is finance by facilities (loan) and other peasant borrowers. Mr economics

Cognitivereason:

na u be olodo

inflation simply means too much money is flowing in an economy...

too much money flowing in an economy where there are less things to buy means that money losses value and the things to be bought increase in price
in order to cushion this central banks all over the world raise interest rate in order to discourage People from borrowing money to be circulated into an economy that already has an excess of it..

but Trust Nairalanders..they have no single clue of how economies works hence they are wailing even in things that glaring to undertsand
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

I am watching you.

Who was the person I was defending, simple
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Who was the person I was defending, simple

I know you are d@ft. Go through your comment history.

Ode.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by cochexky: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/cbn-raises-interest-rate-to-14/

My pain is, that I still see some people with possible human brains come out to fight and support these elements.

Even if you are bling can't you hear or feel the devilish act.

I weep for some youths.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

I know you are d@ft. Go through your comment history.

Ode.

Tell me the person,no need to waste time.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Weyrey koshi lo.
Go and sleep.

If you can't tell me who I was defending grin

See mouth like "I am watching you" angry

I know you are a goat r@p1st. No need spilling more. But admit you are a closet f@g.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Tell me the person,no need to waste time.

Stop f@ggotary...it's disgusting.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by A305: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
franugo:
Hmm, interest rates for loans will increase again
No, it means the banks won't be able to give out loans like they used to.

Only top tier businessman can have access to banks loan, the peasant borrower is cut off this period of inflation to curb the likely risk of recession.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by olaztek(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:
inflation simply means too much money is flowing in an economy...

too much money flowing in an economy where there are less things to buy means that money losses value and the things to be bought increase in price
in order to cushion this central banks all over the world raise interest rate in order to discourage People from borrowing money to be circulated into an economy that already has an excess of it..

but Trust Nairalanders..they have no single clue of how economies works hence they are wailing even in things that glaring to understand
This your textbook economics no dey work for naija. The cbn has been manipulating the monetary policy and still, the economy is not improving.
There should be a special study into naija economics because the generally acceptable law of economics is useless in this country

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
olaztek:

This your textbook economics no dey work for naija. The cbn has been manipulating the monetary policy and still, the economy is not improving.
There should be a special study into naija economics because the generally acceptable law of economics is useless in this country
lol grin grin grin
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Mr. Right, did you know implications on increasing existing interest rate to the companies that is finance by facilities (loan) and other peasant borrowers. Mr economics

yes I know the implications

it means peasant borrowers wont be able to access loans as easy like dey regularly do..this will drive down money flowing into the economy and cushion the likelihood of a recession. i..only well established businesses will go ahead and borrow.. a small price to pay rather than leave the market access to free flowing monies that will not be exchanged for goods and services.. this alone is what triggers recessions..
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Khez: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
The CBN governor that is confused yet won’t resign for a more competent hands to come and save us loool
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by JoshTim: 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
just2endowed:

Hope interest rate on savings and tb rate will increase because the 3% is too minimal
It cannot. Increasing interest on savings and treasury bill will nullify the interest rate increase.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by eniorisha(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
buckeyemedia:
You seem to only focus on Buhari & The Federal Government, our constitution of 1999 as amended guarantees 3 tiers of government, Federal, States & Local Government, what of your States & Local governments, can you mention any commodities they exported for foreign exchange based on their comparative advantages?

You are no different from President Buhari, laying the blame game, Charity they say begins @ home.
. A good leader , FG shld lead by example, if d head is faulty, the entire body(states & LGs) will only fare worse. U even mentioned LGs to be exporting when d fg proudly lead d front in import-driven economy
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by JoshTim: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zico5:

You don't know what u are saying. Tell me one economic growth the guy has achieved since he assumed the position of CBN governor. Tell me one economic policy this country is enjoying currently under him. Dollar is now 630 naira at the black market. I may not be an economist but I know what's going on in this country.
Lol, there is little or nothing he could do. Dollar to naira is majorly determined by productive activities in the real sector. If the real sector is down, there is little policies could do. Policy runs on the real sector to bring the desired change. Now, tell me, how many barrels of oil do we currently produce, are our refineries working at maximum capacity?, Let's leave oil, what is the current GDP, what are our major export based commodities/products?, How much do we earn in foreign exchange?

When you answer these things, you begin to understand why dollar to naira is above #600.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Elliotwaveforec: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mumu CBN, raising interest in a developing Ecinomy. Has the rate hike solved to ge problem of inflation? For God's sake, developing economies should make money available to individuals and companies to achieve developnent first, then tackle inflation.

Our inflation isn't even caused by excess monies in circulation; it's caused by high exchange rate since the useless CBN is killing industries by raising rates.

Tinubunomics is the answer; negative interest rate is the way; ECB did it and it worked just to bring the economy back to life.

Developing countries are just joining the bandwagons by raising rates like the developed world. Are their Apex banks brainless or what?

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by just2endowed: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
JoshTim:

It cannot. Increasing interest on savings and treasury bill will nullify the interest rate increase.

Suppose to go hand in hand. Nigeria is the only country in the world where interest on borrowing is super greater than interest on saving. Over 3000% different
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by just2endowed: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
Mumu CBN, raising interest in a developing Ecinomy. Has the rate hike solved to ge problem of inflation? For God's sake, developing economies should make money available to individuals and companies to achieve developnent first, then tackle inflation.

Our inflation isn't even caused by excess monies in circulation; it's caused by high exchange rate since the useless CBN is killing industries by raising rates.

Tinubunomics is the answer; negative interest rate is the way; ECB did it and it worked just to bring the economy back to life.

Developing countries are just joining the bandwagons by raising rates like the developed world. Are their Apex banks brainless or what?

If the develop world raise a decimal digits in their rate, it will discourage foreign direct investment in developing nation like Nigeria. Hence, developing nations has to calculate this foreign investment risk and hike their rate too
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Elliotwaveforec: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Vanzcharles:
Nawa o, so many ignorant people. Interest rate increase helps to curb inflation. I am not pro buhari but I understand forex to a point and its advantage to the country's economy.
Dey there dey follow book, look am and use your sense.... Fela Kuti.

Can you tell me what causes Nigeria's inflation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Narrow Escape (ATM Story): Please Read And Be Informed! / How To Make $800 Monthly Online Trading Domain Names / Dangote Refinery Will Fetch $6bn Forex Yearly - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.