Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% (18594 Views)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 18.75% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 16.5% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Zico5(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

abeg go and tear all ur school certificate if u have any..u dont deserve it..

inflation simply means too much money is flowing in an economy...

too much money flowing in an economy where there are less things to buy means that money losses value and the things to be bought increase in price
in order to cushion this central banks all over the world raise interest rate in order to discourage People from borrowing money to be circulated into an economy that already has an excess of it..

but Trust Nairalanders..they have no single clue of how economies works hence they are wailing even in things that glaring to undertsand
You don't know what u are saying. Tell me one economic growth the guy has achieved since he assumed the position of CBN governor. Tell me one economic policy this country is enjoying currently under him. Dollar is now 630 naira at the black market. I may not be an economist but I know what's going on in this country.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Didijiji: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
SATAN PUNISH EVERY APC MEMBER.

WICKED DEMONS
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Neoteny(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
PMB is an incompetent all fart, through.

But there is a global economic crisis going on where inflation is rising sharply in almost all countries.

The way you people talk makes it seem Nigeria is insulated from affairs in the outside world
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Jayswiss100(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
LongwayGone2021:
Sri Lanka 2.0 loading in Nigeria
Can't wait mhen...
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
lonecatt:
Raising interest rate without the enabling environment for small businesses to thrive is not only wicked but evil

too much money flowing in an economy where there are less things to buy means that money losses value and the things to be bought increase in price
in order to cushion this central banks all over the world raise interest rate in order to discourage People from borrowing money to be circulated into an economy that already has an excess of it..

but Trust Nairalanders..they have no single clue of how economies works hence they are wailing even in things that glaring to understand
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Tetrahedron: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Don’t worry agbado plus cassava expert will fix everything next year grin grin

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by baralatie(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zico5:

You don't know what u are saying. Tell me one economic growth the guy has achieved since he assumed the position of CBN governor. Tell me one economic policy this country is enjoying currently under him. Dollar is now 630 naira at the black market. I may not be an economist but I know what's going on in this country.
Is it the cbn tht would initiate policies that would bring about growth or is he is the one that will make you import dependent country become an export country?
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by harmargedon: 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Tooreda:
What is wrong with Nigeria? Why are the people silent in the face of oppression and repression?
if it were in Goodlucks' time, many punk ass people would be in the streets protesting.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zico5:

listen..you dont have a clue of what is going on in this country..nothing even an iota of facts ..you dont have any..

this is secondary school economics that u are here disgracing urself with..

when there is inflation..Central banks all over the world issue out monetary policies to control how money flows in and out of that economy..an important and most effective way is to slow down access to loans and disbursement of funds from commercial banks..
look just go on youtube and learn,..

no be everything u go dey shout abeg...

ur countries only export is crude oil...oil fell massively in 2014, we had covid 19 .today russia has worsened it with war..\

even if u had F9 in ur economics in secondary school..
u look at this 3 events and know in ur mind that Nigeria is a consuming nation yet u want $1 = 1kobo.

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by mamaafrik(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
we need an upward review of salary,a 80% to match up with the present economic situation.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by lonecatt(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

but Trust Nairalanders..they have no single clue of how economies works hence they are wailing even in things that glaring to understand
So your own understanding is that there is no need for enabling environment for small businesses to thrive?
how Many small businesses can actually get a loan?
how many small businesses can actually meet up with the increased interest rate?
is the policy also aimed
mamaafrik:
we need an upward review of salary,a 80% to match up with the present economic situation.
at killing businesses?
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Zico5(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

listen..you dont have a clue of what is going on in this country..nothing even an iota of facts ..you dont have any..

when there is inflation..Central banks all over the world issue out monetary policies to control how money flows in and out of that economy..an important and most effective way is to slow down access to loans and disbursement of funds from commercial banks..

ur countries only export is crude oil...oil fell massively in 2014, we had covid 19 .today russia has worsened it with war..\

u look at this 3 events and know in ur mind that Nigeria is a consuming nation yet u want $1 = 1kobo.

Just answer the simple question I put forward. Tell me one economic growth we are enjoying under him
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by MartinsD12(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/cbn-raises-interest-rate-to-14/
Las las apc government don finish Nigeria, suffer upon suffer yet this people get mind dey increase interest rate meanwhile salary is still the same , apc is evil, vote peter obi to rescue this dying economy of this country.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Cognitivereason: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zico5:

Just answer the simple question I put forward. Tell me one economic growth we are enjoying under him

you cannot enjoy anything..
all his policies had be geared towards cushioning the worst that we ought to have experienced if those policies were not in place

you want him to bring up politics that will completely reverse the over 60 years of mismanagement and ruins in Nigeria..

no sir this isnt hollywood.. it doesnt work that way..

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Honestly I am embarrassed , seeing some senseless comments.
If you don't know about something ,keep your mouth shut.

But they always want to form know it all,see them disgracing themselves.

Shut up

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by tnerro1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:
This is one of many ways Tinubu will milk the leftover of Nigeria dry...
IF TINUBU BECOMES THE PRESIDENT WE'LL PAY TAX TILL OUR HEAD GEAR KNOCKS grin
IF you drink bottle water you go pay tax for drinking and you go still pay tax for throwing away the bottle

SAY NO TO TINUBU THE DRUG BARON AND TAX COLLECTOR

And he will still collect 10%

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Shut up

Why
undecided

Give me one sensible reason why you asked me to shut up
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Why
undecided

Give me one sensible reason why you asked me to shut up

Because you are a big hypocrite. Just seal those lips cause you ain't smarter than anyone.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Because you are a big hypocrite. Just seal those lips cause you ain't smarter than anyone.

grin grin grin
Mumu.

Baba just dey vex , decided to pour his frustration on me.
I am not responsible for your misfortunes,so koshi lo grin
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

grin grin grin
Mumu.

Baba just dey vex , decided to pour his frustration on me.
I am not responsible for your misfortunes,so koshi lo grin
Baba kor.
You are the big mumu and the frustrated one here but you are too dumb to know this and seek help.
Airhead. cheesy

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by sammyuche(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

You're not quoting a novice sir as I'm well vast on the subject matter. Same tax rate was increased to 13% just last year alone. So we should keep increasing tax rate just to curb an inflating economy? Then that's a failed economy. Rubbish
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Baba kor.
You are the big mumu and the frustrated one here but you are too dumb to know this and seek help.
Airhead. cheesy

Ohh I know this slowpoke, you are that acid bath
Retard.

Mtchweew weyrey.
Fuvk offf.
Everyone knows you are a mad lady
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Ohh I know this slowpoke, you are that acid bath
Retard.

Mtchweew weyrey.
Fuvk offf.
Everyone knows you are a mad lady

Only a mad animal will indulge with a supposed mad lady.

Big f00l with empty brain . I am watching you on this forum. You and that your g@y partner you were defending on something that ain't your bizwax. Olofofo ed1ot.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by dfrost: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Vanzcharles:

Omo the mata tire me.

I simply don't engage them because I go to turn automatic mumu and madman join lipsrsealed undecided
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by dfrost: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Honestly I am embarrassed , seeing some senseless comments.
If you don't know about something ,keep your mouth shut.

But they always want to form know it all,see them disgracing themselves.

Just a simple research on the matter. And some will still be here looking for jobs, looking for someone to patronise them cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

Only a mad animal will indulge with a supposed mad lady.

Big f00l with empty brain . I am watching you on this forum.

grin grin

I know you are a senseless slowpoke who enjoys trolling people.

I didn't know at first,when I commented on your other moniker acid bath.
I was wondering why someone could be so crazy.

Now I know why.
Aunty fuvk offf,am not the reason for your frustration.weyrey buruku!!
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by lonecatt(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Are you also celebrating the fact that your country depends on only oil for export?
What did buhari tell you when he was seeking for election?
Why are there no local industries producing goods for exports ?
Why do you support a government whose only dependence for revenue is oil?
Why have we been borrowing over the years just to build infrastructures that will not help local businesses?
Why are investors running away only for you to start increasing interest rate just to meet up for the investors you chase away?
Are Nigerians to blame for the failures of those they entrusted with power who claim they would turn things around economically?
How do we believe or take serious those who from day one have blamed the previous government for the economic woes Nigeria is presently witnessing? What is their business in governance in the first place?
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

grin grin

I know you are a senseless slowpoke who enjoys trolling people.

I didn't know at first,when I commented on your other moniker acid bath.
I was wondering why someone could be so crazy.

Now I know why.
Aunty fuvk offf,am not the reason for your frustration.weyrey buruku!!

She-male

Next time when you see a conversation that ain't your bizwax, position your fingerba3 d1ck forward and move.

Olodo.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by buckeyemedia: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
DLSReigns:
Hmm, this government is really on auto-reverse. Buhari's regime will surely be immortalized in our sub-conscious for the wrong reasons. What a national mistake!
The irony is that no matter who was there, it would have still been the same thing, isn’t it Jonathan Ebele that employed The CBN Boss Godwin Emefiele?

Nigerians always looking for a scapegoat as if they are any better than their brethren there.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Fmghewzy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
VenumX:

She-male

Next time when you see a conversation that ain't your bizwax, position your fingerba3 d1ck forward and move.

Olodo.

Ewure ni eee
Koshi looo grin
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by VenumX: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fmghewzy:

Ewure ni eee
Koshi looo grin

Aboki c0ck sucker.

See, I didn't have to hide with a dirty language to express myself.

F00l. cheesy
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by buckeyemedia: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
lonecatt:
Are you also celebrating the fact that your country depends on only oil for export?
What did buhari tell you when he was seeking for election?
Why are there no local industries producing goods for exports ?
Why do you support a government whose only dependence for revenue is oil?
Why have we been borrowing over the years just to build infrastructures that will not help local businesses?
Why are investors running away only for you to start increasing interest rate just to meet up for the investors you chase away?
Are Nigerians to blame for the failures of those they entrusted with power who claim they would turn things around economically?
How do we believe or take serious those who from day one have blamed the previous government for the economic woes Nigeria is presently witnessing? What is their business in governance in the first place?
You seem to only focus on Buhari & The Federal Government, our constitution of 1999 as amended guarantees 3 tiers of government, Federal, States & Local Government, what of your States & Local governments, can you mention any commodities they exported for foreign exchange based on their comparative advantages?

You are no different from President Buhari, laying the blame game, Charity they say begins @ home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? / How To Make Money Running A Day Care Service Business In Nigeria / How You Can Start A Profitable Yam Frying Business With 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.