Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. (1083 Views)

Video: Ugly Female Military Officer Beats The Hell Out Of A Young Man For Saying / My Experience "With Petty Criminal" That Almost Wreck My Account. / Two Cultists Nabbed On Their Way To Wreck Havoc In Port-Harcourt University.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by Paulijiikpegi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
Some business opportunities, if you were told they are scam you won't believe at all, why because they look to good to be true. You will even try to defend them, not until it rips you off or someone.

I remember sometime ago in 2020/20221 when I just ventured into the online money making space I was looking for means to make more money in the shortest period of time. So I got introduced into buying and holding of cryptocurrency example you bought bitcoin at $1 after a while when it rises to $10 you've made 10x your money. So with this mentality I imagined myself becoming super wealthy without doing anything just buying,holding and selling currency that's all.

I bought a coin called feg about 1billion in quantity which had market value of $0.000000001 hoping that when it reaches one naira I will become a billionaire guess what happened, after buying it never rose again.
That wasn't the only cryptocurrency I bought, I spent almost 10k hoping I will 10x my money i got nothing out of it. Funny enough I wasn't working which means I borrowed the money another wahala.

A saviour came to my DM on WhatsApp I didn't care to ask how he got my WhatsApp contact I was only obsessed with the business opportunity he introduced to me. Permit me to call him Mr Tunde. He introduced me to a bitcoin trading whatever and he said they double investment within 2hours, omo I was blown.

I was in dept already and people who borrowed me money where now asking for their money, so because I wanted to pay off my dept I didn't take my time to make research about the business or even the so called company all I just want wanted, was fast money to clear off my dept. I then asked him how to get started then he forwarded the business plan.

5k for 10k
10k for 20k
20k for 40k
100k for 200k. Etc.

Then he stated the minimum money to start with was 5k unfortunately I had #1500 left in my account as my last card. I told him and he assured me that I can start with that. He said if I fund my account after 2hours I will have 3k then reinvest and get 6k and so on... If you knew the joy in my stomach that night, it now seemed the night became longer. Immediately in the morning I went to a POS shop and made the transaction and I sent proof to him. After sometime I called and told him I had made the payment and he confirmed it.

He then surprised me by saying I should send the remaining #3500 before I can continue the business then I said this was not what we discussed last night.

He became aggressive and said that I was wasting his time that he had other things to do. It then dawn on me that I have been scammed. I called several times no response all I just wanted was a refund. When he picked he immediately asked if I had send the remaining money I told him I needed a refund that I wasn't interested well he just ended the call.

Later that afternoon I received a WhatsApp OTP code of which I didn't request for, he then called me and said he was ready to activate my account, I should send him the code sent to my phone. Omo you just scammed me now you want to have access to my WhatsApp to scam my contacts too Mr man they no they play person twice I immediately cut the call he called back like twice no response from me I just blocked and delete the line asap.

Money lost was very small but I gained a valuable lesson.

Whenever you come across a business opportunity especially online take your time to do your own research, search Google, watch videos on YouTube on that business. Check people reviews and comments online before you venture into any business.

Ever since that happened I have never been scammed before and I have made more money than that online. That was just an eye opener.

You may have been scammed before or duped I totally understand but that doesn't mean all business opportunity online are scam. If you see it that way then you will never make any money online.

Have a blessed day

7 Likes

Re: How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by Typicool8(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
Paulijiikpegi:
Some business opportunities, if you were told they are scam you won't believe at all, why because they look to good to be true. You will even try to defend them, not until it rips you off or someone.

I remember sometime ago in 2020/20221 when I just ventured into the online money making space I was looking for means to make more money in the shortest period of time. So I got introduced into buying and holding of cryptocurrency example you bought bitcoin at $1 after a while when it rises to $10 you've made 10x your money. So with this mentality I imagined myself becoming super wealthy without doing anything just buying,holding and selling currency that's all.

I bought a coin called feg about 1billion in quantity which had market value of $0.000000001 hoping that when it reaches one naira I will become a billionaire guess what happened, after buying it never rose again.
That wasn't the only cryptocurrency I bought, I spent almost 10k hoping I will 10x my money i got nothing out of it. Funny enough I wasn't working which means I borrowed the money another wahala.

A saviour came to my DM on WhatsApp I didn't care to ask how he got my WhatsApp contact I was only obsessed with the business opportunity he introduced to me. Permit me to call him Mr Tunde. He introduced me to a bitcoin trading whatever and he said they double investment within 2hours, omo I was blown.

I was in dept already and people who borrowed me money where now asking for their money, so because I wanted to pay off my dept I didn't take my time to make research about the business or even the so called company all I just want wanted, was fast money to clear off my dept. I then asked him how to get started then he forwarded the business plan.

5k for 10k
10k for 20k
20k for 40k
100k for 200k. Etc.

Then he stated the minimum money to start with was 5k unfortunately I had #1500 left in my account as my last card. I told him and he assured me that I can start with that. He said if I fund my account after 2hours I will have 3k then reinvest and get 6k and so on... If you knew the joy in my stomach that night, it now seemed the night became longer. Immediately in the morning I went to a POS shop and made the transaction and I sent proof to him. After sometime I called and told him I had made the payment and he confirmed it.

He then surprised me by saying I should send the remaining #3500 before I can continue the business then I said this was not what we discussed last night.

He became aggressive and said that I was wasting his time that he had other things to do. It then dawn on me that I have been scammed. I called several times no response all I just wanted was a refund. When he picked he immediately asked if I had send the remaining money I told him I needed a refund that I wasn't interested well he just ended the call.

Later that afternoon I received a WhatsApp OTP code of which I didn't request for, he then called me and said he was ready to activate my account, I should send him the code sent to my phone. Omo you just scammed me now you want to have access to my WhatsApp to scam my contacts too Mr man they no they play person twice I immediately cut the call he called back like twice no response from me I just blocked and delete the line asap.

Whenever you come across a business opportunity especially online take your time to do your own research, search Google, watch videos on YouTube on that business. Check people reviews and comments online before you venture into any business.

Ever since that happened I have never been scammed before and I have made more money than that online. That was just an eye opener.

You may have been scammed before or duped I totally understand but that doesn't mean all business opportunity online are scam. If you see it that way then you will never make any money online.

Have a blessed day

Thanks for the eye opener

1 Like

Re: How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by tellmanny(m): 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thanks sharing, definitely a heads-up for alot

1 Like

Re: How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by Flamethehussler: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2022
Very gullible person
Re: How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by 4reala(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
Paulijiikpegi:

5k for 10k
10k for 20k
20k for 40k
100k for 200k. Etc.

Have a blessed day
Sorry for your loss op,
So which of the online business are you doing now and advertising?

1 Like

Re: How A Scammer Almost Wreck The Hell Out Of Me. by Kobicove(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Flamethehussler:
Very gullible person

Even people who are careful can become victims of scam undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bimz Collections On The Run / My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer / Drama As Sex Workers Drag Man To Court For Paying With Fake Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.