Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer (1084 Views)

Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) / Mom Killed, Baby Injured As Police Chase After A Suspected "Yahoo Boy" In Benin / Zamfara: Calabash Filled With Human Blood Found At A Suspected Cultist's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by EyenIbibio1: 12:03am On Jun 06, 2023
I saw an ad here on nairaland that said a Canadian lady is looking for a tour guide or something, I clicked on the ad and it redirected me to telegram handle with a guy simple named Dan
I started a conversation with him, asked him what exactly he wanted,
He said his wife, a Canadian, 26, is suffering from a condition called Hypersexual disorder, which makes her to crave for Bleep and makes her act weird sometimes, that she need to be circumcised, and since it's illegal in Europe, she wants to travel down to Nigeria, since it is still secretly done here, and she would love to have a family here in Nigeria to take her in and that she is submissive, and caring, that she would love to care for the family both sexxually and financially.
I asked him emphatically concerning the Bleep satisfaction part and he affirmed.
Tho, my mind has been telling me he could be a scam, so he further mentioned that his wife previously had a chat with a guy named Samuel, but the guy later stopped communicating, that if I don't mind, he can send me a voice note she had with the said guy, so I can understand exactly what she wants, I said no. ( My instincts at first was that I know that one can be hypnotized by hearing voice notes)
I decided to play along with him, I told him I base in Delta state and that female circumcision is still secretly practiced here, and he said yes, that I'm the guy he wanted, I asked him about his wife's lodging, and how long she'll be staying, he said she booked for eight weeks, but can stay longer if the environment is cool with her, I asked if she can cope with village settings, he dropped a file for me that I should open and listen to her voice, I didn't open, because I know it could be a pishing file
I asked him about her feeding, he said she'll feed the family she'll be staying with, he then sent me another two files, and told me to listen to her voice and read up what she want from the file, Omo na so I tell am say I can't help, I blocked him and deleted the chat immediately.
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Typicool8(m): 12:43am On Jun 06, 2023
EyenIbibio1:
I saw an ad here on nairaland that said a Canadian lady is looking for a tour guide or something, I clicked on the ad and it redirected me to telegram handle with a guy simple named Dan
He said his wife, a Canadian, 26, is suffering from a condition called Hypersexual disorder, which makes her to crave for Bleep and makes her act weird sometimes, that she need to be circumcised, and since it's illegal in Europe, she wants to travel down to Nigeria, since it is still secretly done here, and she would love to have a family here in Nigeria to take her in and that she is submissive, and caring, that she would love to care for the family both sexxually and financially.
I asked him emphatically concerning the Bleep satisfaction part and he affirmed.
Tho, my mind has been telling me he could be a scam, so he further mentioned that his wife previously had a chat with a guy named Samuel, but the guy later stopped communicating, that if I don't mind, he can send me a voice note she had with the said guy, so I can understand exactly what she wants, I said no. ( My instincts at first was that I know that one can be hypnotized by hearing voice notes)
I decided to play along with him, I told him I base in Delta state and that female circumcision is still secretly practiced here, and he said yes, that I'm the guy he wanted, I asked him about his wife's lodging, and how long she'll be staying, he said she booked for eight weeks, but can stay longer if the environment is cool with her, I asked if she can cope with village settings, he dropped a file for me that I should open and listen to her voice, I didn't open, because I know it could be a pishing file
I asked him about her feeding, he said she'll feed the family she'll be staying with, he then sent me another two files, and told me to listen to her voice and read up what she want from the file, Omo na so I tell am say I can't help, I blocked him and deleted the chat immediately.

Smart move...God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Hezzyluv: 2:21am On Jun 06, 2023
EyenIbibio1:

Bravo!
From the onset, it looks scam already. Tho you should have played along and see where it would end. (The money he wants to scam you).

2 Likes

Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by EyenIbibio1: 6:29am On Jun 06, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Bravo!
From the onset, it looks scam already. Tho you should have played along and see where it would end. (The money he wants to scam you).

I think he wanted to install a malicious app in my phone to track my passwords, that was why he kept sending those files

4 Likes

Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by DaddyCoool: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2023
May also be he is telling the truth
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Westerhoffe(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2023
What is the extension name of the files?

To be honest, these whites are weird.
That was how an American woman once told me she was lonely. I didn't take it serious. She always complain of loneliness until one day she requested for my Skype. I gave her. She called, (believe me, she's not bad) then she said she just went shopping, got some bikinis she wants me to see if they look good on her. That's how I disabled my internet here because anyone can just enter my room without knocking as it was a Saturday.

So, what is the extension name of the files he sent you?
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
Must admit, I am a bit saddened and disappointed to see the post. I am the person you spoke to. I've never been called a scammer before, so I guess there is a first time for everything.

The files sent over Telegram were audio. Another gentleman had asked for proof, so my wife made an additional recording clearly stating the date, her name, and what she was looking for in Nigeria. That is what I sent you, so that there was no room for confusion or doubt.

Telegram unambiguously shows audio files with the usual 'play' icon and waveform, so I am mystified as to why you thought this was some sort of phishing attempt. I can only assume that you have fallen foul of scams in the past and paranoia has gotten the better of you. I apologise if I my assumption is incorrect.

Here's a little tip, so that you don't make false accusations in future: A scammer will ask for something from you. Neither myself or my wife have asked for anything from anyone.

But no matter. We have found an alternative solution, and she remains extremely excited to be visiting your beautiful country later this summer.

I wish you well. Go in peace!
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by naijaboy756: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2023
zoozl:
Must admit, I am a bit saddened and disappointed to see the post. I am the person you spoke to. I've never been called a scammer before, so I guess there is a first time for everything.

The files sent over Telegram were audio. Another gentleman had asked for proof, so my wife made an additional recording clearly stating the date, her name, and what she was looking for in Nigeria. That is what I sent you, so that there was no room for confusion or doubt.

Telegram unambiguously shows audio files with the usual 'play' icon and waveform, so I am mystified as to why you thought this was some sort of phishing attempt. I can only assume that you have fallen foul of scams in the past and paranoia has gotten the better of you. I apologise if I my assumption is incorrect.

Here's a little tip, so that you don't make false accusations in future: A scammer will ask for something from you. Neither myself or my wife have asked for anything from anyone.

But no matter. We have found an alternative solution, and she remains extremely excited to be visiting your beautiful country later this summer.

Awwww
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
zoozl:

Contact me!
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Houseofglam7(f): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
zoozl:

Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by xtivin(m): 4:35am On Jun 12, 2023
zoozl:

So you are sending your wife to Nigeria to be knacked right? Correct storyline
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 12, 2023
"Knacked"? Sorry, I am not familiar with this term.
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Praxis758: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
zoozl:

Red Flag!!!

What is a Canadian doing on Nairaland if truly you and your wife are based in that country?

Why the haste in replying the OP on this thread?

How did you know he would come to nairaland to make a post about your conversation?

And how did you know he’s the guy you chatted with?

Are you bold enough to post the screenshots of your conversation here?

I’m convinced that you are the OP hiding under another moniker.
Re: My Chat With A A Suspected Scammer by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
Praxis758:

Red Flag!!!

What is a Canadian doing on Nairaland if truly you and your wife are based in that country?

Why the haste in replying the OP on this thread?

How did you know he would come to nairaland to make a post about your conversation?

And how did you know he’s the guy you chatted with?

Are you bold enough to post the screenshots of your conversation here?

I’m convinced that you are the OP hiding under another moniker.

1. For the reasons already stated.
2. Haste? Four days later is considered hasty?
3. I didn't. I searched for "Canadian" and saw this thread.
4. I remember him mentioning Delta.
5. He deleted the conversation, which appears to wipe it on both sides on Telegram.
6. Um, OK? I have nothing to say to that.

I have been told to no longer engage on this forum, so I will take the advice and wish you a pleasant evening.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Punish Staff And Visitors At TCN Office / 21 Year Old Nigerian Identified As Lucky Commits Suicide After Allegedly Losing / Ndlea Burst Drug Cartel In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.