Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students (620 Views)

Kwara Poly Students Killed Adeniyi Ojo, A Club Owner In Hotel Room / Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Wunato Esther Chuwang's Death: Bauchi Poly Student Murdered On Her Way To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by GreatAxeMan: 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
Personnel of the Nigeria Police Force in Bauchi have reportedly arrested some students of the Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi during a protest.

They also allegedly broke the legs of two students.

SaharaReporters learnt the students on Tuesday staged a protest at the school after the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of academic and non-academic staff unions announced the commencement of a 12-day warning strike over several issues including nonpayment of staff salaries and delayed promotion.

One of the protesting students told SaharaReporters that the Rector of the school, Suleiman Lame, could not attend to them as he had been away from the school for three months following his pilgrimage to Mecca. He, however, added that the police operatives drafted to quell the protest broke the legs of two students.

The source added that the police officers went from house to house to arrest the protesting students, during which many of them were arrested while a lecturer identified as Sanusi Ibrahim from the School of General Studies was injured.

The source also alleged that the striking lecturers might have instigated the students to stage the protest.

“I saw the two students whose legs the police broke. I saw them myself. I was not told about it. The police officers also went from house to house arresting the students; many of them. I can’t say the exact number of students arrested but they will be almost 100 that were arrested and taken to the station.

“They also injured one lecturer, Sanusi Ibrahim from the School of General Studies. I saw him

“When they started going from house to house to arrest the students, some of them were throwing stones at the policemen as they were running. I think the striking lecturers actually instigated the students to protest,” the source said.

Meanwhile, SaharaReporters earlier contacted the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmad Mohammed Wakili who confirmed that police officers were deployed to the school. He, however, said he was not aware of the arrest of students or the injuries allegedly they reportedly sustained.

However, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ahmed Wakil, promised to confirm the report and get back to our reporter but had not done so at the time of filing this report.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/19/nigeria-police-break-legs-two-protesting-students-arrest-many-others-bauchi-polytechnic

Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by AllahIsGarbage: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
These headslamming almajiri students will cry as if they were treated worse than Deborah Samuel.
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by chatinent: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hmm.

Best in armed robbery tactics: the NPF.
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by God1000(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Why the high-handedness on the part of the police, they have every right to express their grievances
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by Khayceeofficial(m): 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
A protest ain't complete in this country without police or army brutality...

This country is depression itself

Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
AllahIsGarbage:
These headslamming almajiri students will cry as if they were treated worse than Deborah Samuel.

A comment born out of ignorance, I don't think there's any polytechnic or university in the north without a sizeable population of southerners.

Only College of edu are probably entirely filled with indigenes
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
[/b]the Rector of the school, Suleiman Lame, could not attend to them as he had been away from the school for three months following his pilgrimage to Mecca.[b]

Read the bolded again
A Nigerian Polytechnic Rector absent from school for 3 months coz of religion.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by Omoslim26: 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
We take this youths for granted too much.
I pray our wrecklessness to handling their grievances do not become our undoing.
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by AllahIsGarbage: 11:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
We now live in an age where violence against helpless Christians is treated as a minor offence, but criticizing the violence is a major sin.

Thinkam:

A comment born out of ignorance, I don't think there's any polytechnic or university in the north without a sizeable population of southerners.

Only College of edu are probably entirely filled with indigenes
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by RobsonsTARz: 1:22am On Jul 20, 2022
WORSE THINGS IN NIGERIA
APC
POLICE
NEPA

In that order
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by Fahdiga(m): 8:26am On Jul 20, 2022
God1000:
Why the high-handedness on the part of the police, they have every right to express their grievances

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
[/b]the Rector of the school, Suleiman Lame, could not attend to them as he had been away from the school for three months following his pilgrimage to Mecca.[b]

Read the bolded again
A Nigerian Polytechnic Rector absent from school for 3 months coz of religion.

You seem to be having this funny idea that Nigeria is a serious country. Wait till you learn the govt actually sponsored the 3+ month jamboree.
Re: Police Brutalize & Break The Legs Of Protesting Bauchi Poly Students by holluwizzy: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2022
There is nothing new in Nigeria, especially under APC.

Everybody is just flexing power.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Bishop Arrested Over Alleged Sexual Molestation Of Members / Man Uses Human Body To Prepare Pepper Soup / We Want Justice - Says Father Of 4year Old Boy Who Died At Lagos Hospital (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.