Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: (2815 Views)

Minna 5-star Hotel Weathers The Storm / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary / How Do I Shop In Usa And Receive Goods In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by erniewhez(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
Please, I have a new shop situated in front of a 5 star hotel, now I am wondering what kind of business can thrive in such environment? Nairalanders pls advice. Thanks!
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
Aesthetic Shop

Massage Services

Facial Massage

Some hotel do not provide such service and that is ONE THING the expatriate will like to have outside.

i hope it helps
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Rgp92: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2011
Cheap cloth store cheesy
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Smilenw(f): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2011
Whatever you plan to start, try to set up a telephone booth/box alongside . You could also stock calling cards, recharge cards et al.These hotels charge way too much on international calls.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by daniellle(f): 12:21am On Jul 30, 2011
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by MadDog1(m): 2:02am On Jul 30, 2011
A psychiatric hospital undecided you will get rich
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Delta007(m): 2:35am On Jul 30, 2011
There's no 5 star hotel in Nigeria!
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by lansha2006: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2011
Let it to me
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by obailala(m): 6:38am On Jul 30, 2011
Mama-put business grin

trust me, this is no joke. I know the number of times i lodge in big hotels and my greatest problem becomes where to eat cos sometimes I'm not just ready to cough out the kind of money these hotels charge for their meals. If there's a good restaurant close by, believe me, the hotel restaurant will lose business. Anyway, this depends on the size of ur shop.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Digriz(m): 6:53am On Jul 30, 2011
obailala:

Mama-put business grin

trust me, this is no joke. I know the number of times i lodge in big hotels and my greatest problem becomes where to eat cos sometimes I'm not just ready to cough out the kind of money these hotels charge for their meals. If there's a good restaurant close by, believe me, the hotel restaurant will lose business. Anyway, this depends on the size of your shop.
A gud idea bt they hotel management wl fight u to finish if they continue to loose their customers to you.,so think twice or be prepared to face their attacks whch u might nt be able to cope wt.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2011
@ Poster Fitness center
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by pafectlink(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2011
odiaero:

@ Poster Fitness center
U r right
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by spicyhoney(f): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2011
^^^ most hotels already have Fitness centers

A classy hair/beauty saloon would be good and you should have Recharge cards available too.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by aieromon(m): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2011
A mini store with a beauty parlor will do just fine.If its a ''5-star hotel'',they should have a fitness centre and won't encourage a restaurant that close.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by whoelse1(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2011
Digriz:

A gud idea bt they hotel management wl fight u to finish if they continue to loose their customers to you.,so think twice or be prepared to face their attacks whch u might nt be able to cope wt. 
I sure agree wif dis, I advise u go wif it. 5star hotels charge exorbitantly for their meals wen u can actually get same meal or even beta at a very reduced price outside. But u have to make it look classy.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by strangest(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2011
So much agree with setting up a food joint, Maybe indomie, rice, salad, Fish and meat, Depending on your location you can also add tight traditional foods, 80% of Nigeria that lodge in big hotel eat outside and very close to where they are lodge, ,
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2011
Pay me consultation fee. . .

Then I tell you cool
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by WebSurfer(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
rent the shop to me and i will pay you well, watch me become a millionaire in just very few time with the shop
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by miccodb(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2011
bureau de change
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by gidson12(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2011
chalet, or a PI.MP for Pr.ostitute office. . .
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by erniewhez(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
How about a barbing and beauty salon?
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by yk1808: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Delta 007,thanks for all ur contributions.am just going thru all ur responses to pple questions.Pls my issue is that i didnt come out with good grade.so my sch just gave me post secondary admission,and am over 30yrs old.so am just using Waec result and am already doing ACCA exam.Pls whta is my chance of getting visa.Also am using sponsor not my won account.
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by yk1808: 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Delta007,please what is my chance to get VISA for post secondary sch admission at Centennial college in Canada because am over 30yrs old.cos i was just offered post secondary sch admission cos of my result.Also am going to use my sponsor's account.Thanks
Re: Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: by qunleajayi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2011
Well If you want to computerise your shop with a POS system, pls call me.
My number is 08033120866, 08083650471.

In my experience, shops near hotels will make 200% profit. You can do an artifacts shop selling things like

a) Adire
b) beads
c) Carvings
d) Paintings
e) Ivory tusks
f) Religious tapes and souvenirs
g) wooden carvings, walking sticls, masks
g) T-shirt monogramming services - I went to Nigeria and all I got was this T-shirt

(1) (Reply)

BOM Has Dealt Me A Severe Blow On Runbets / GTB Puts Limits On ATM Withdrawal. / Fraud Fraud Paga Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.