Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu (801 Views)

Are Nigerian Universities Better Than Foreign Ones As Claimed By Garba Shehu? / Strike: Buhari Playing Physiological Game, ASUU Replies Garba Shehu / ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
ON UNIVERSITY STRIKES, GOVERNMENT IS READY FOR BUSINESS

The outcome of the meeting held by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday with relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to end the agitations by university unions ought to be beyond spin-doctoring and conjectures. It is a pity that almost all media houses allowed themselves to be deceived by interested sources that are not the authorized spokesmen of government.
Neither during nor after the meeting was any ultimatum given to the Minister of Education. During the meeting, the Minister of Education requested that the Minister of Labour hands off the negotiation to allow him lead and conclude what he had earlier on started with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). And he promised that he could get an agreement within the shortest possible time, possibly two to three weeks.

In carrying out this assignment, the Minister will carry along all relevant ministries and agencies with statutory functions and duties relating to the issues involved.

The Presidency is optimistic that agreements can be reached in an even shorter period if all parties/stakeholders are not unrealistically obstinate. We appeal to the parties to work together to end the strikes.

On the part of the administration, all doors remain open for dialogue and the resolution of the issues.

We appeal to the media not try to spread misinformation. The orchestrated media narratives seeking to present an entirely different picture, attributed to sources, in the last 24 hours are not helpful at all.

Garba Shehu
Senior special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 20, 2022

Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by DispatcherLagos: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
grin

Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by LordIsaac(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
Anuofias
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by Honlucas: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
sinkhole hope dy?
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Honlucas:
sinkhole hope dy?
with Adamu Adamu, it seems there is hope embarassed
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by Honlucas: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
sinkhole:

so max of 3weeks this strike should be over bah
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by GraceUnIimitedd(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
sinkhole:
will FG under Adamu accept UTAS?
That's the bone of contention
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by clockwisereport: 1:22am On Jul 21, 2022
Ndi uchu
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 6:28am On Jul 21, 2022
Honlucas:

so max of 3weeks this strike should be over bah
Hopefully
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 6:29am On Jul 21, 2022
GraceUnIimitedd:
will FG under Adamu accept UTAS?
That's the bone of contention
There was already agreement on that, with Briggs committee setup by Adamu Adamu, before Ngige came and scatter everything!
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by Honlucas: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2022
sinkhole:
There was already agreement on that, with Briggs committee setup by Adamu Adamu, before Ngige came and scatter everything!

i saw a post that ASUU wanna declare indefinite strike how true is this bro
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
Honlucas:

i saw a post that ASUU wanna declare indefinite strike how true is this bro
indefinite strike does not make sense at this stage, what will likely happen is to continue to roll-over the strike until FG answers them!
I think the current one expires by August, then they will roll it over if there is no resolution by that time.
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by Honlucas: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2022
sinkhole:
indefinite strike does not make sense at this stage, what will likely happen is to continue to roll-over the strike until FG answers them!
I think the current one expires by August, then they will roll it over if there is no resolution by that time.

i hope dem fast things before 14 of august

the rollover ends 14 august
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Honlucas:

i hope dem fast things before 14 of august

the rollover ends 14 august
Let us pray that Adamu Adamu can perform the expected miracle!
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by Honlucas: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
sinkhole any update?

na u be my plug oo
Re: Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu by sinkhole: 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Honlucas:
sinkhole any update?

na u be my plug oo
No update yet, but the NLC protest is going ahead as planned. All ASUU branches are mobilized and students are also ready to join.
All those notwithstanding, we are still believing that Adamu Adamu can pull the stunt of ending the strike within the two/three weeks he requested!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help With This Maths Problem. / How Can A 300L Student Don't Know The HOD Of Department. / Is Carringtonherritage Scholarship Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.