Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! (856 Views)

Strike: Government Is Ready For Business-Garba Shehu / Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate / IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by sinkhole: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2021
THE DECEIT OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ABOUT PAYMENT OF SALARIES TO UNIVERSITY LECTURERS

Facts: May God Intervene!

ASUU Strike suspended on 22 December 2020 (About 24 days ago.)

About 30,000 lecturers are still waiting for their December salaries. Today is 16th January 2021.

About 15, 000 lecturers have not been paid salaries since February 2020 to date. (11 months and they have heavy responsibilities on them)

About 15, 000 lecturers have not been paid salaries from July 2020 to date.

About 35, 000 lecturers have not been paid salaries from September 2020 to date.

About 30, 000 lecturers are yet to receive their legitimate Earned Academic Allowance for 10 years cumulatively.

All Lecturers in the Federal Universities have been deprived their union's Check off dues for 12 months.

Federal Government directs Universities to reopen on 18th January 2021.

Some universities have already released schedules for reopening.

Parents and students are anxious to resume

Lecturers are angry and hungry over series of disappointments meted against them by FG.

Crises looms in the Ivory Towers.

1 Like

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by TheStakeHolder(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2021
Let me see what I can do.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Let's say by the end of the month now, and ASUU finally goes on another strike; what will the FG do?
Shebi they will resume the usual unserious slow negotiations, while rushing to the media from time to time to lie about how they've fulfilled all their promises and ASUU is being stubborn and selfish.
Whereas they had 2 whole months to fulfill the agreement reached last year, while they sat and did nothing.
Ngige was seen talking APC nonsense in Anambra while ASUU is still complaining,he will pretend he can't hear the complaints till.....boom strike,then you will see him on channels TV blowing lies.
Sometimes it's as if this government just can't do without drama; or is it that they enjoy seeing their workers suffering and complaining?

1 Like

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
make I just travel comot fess..make I reach school fess...house don tire me.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by VictorUSA(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2021
wicked people
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by Youngzero2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Too bad
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by Youngzero2(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by joxxy01(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
make them just allow me run my last semesters abeg
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by sinkhole: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2021
ASUU-TIT BITS

We sincerely hope that the good news will come our way during this week. We thank you for your patience and resilence for still holding the fort!
Today is the last day of this week and we are yet to receive any payment.

ASUU national leadership has continued with its efforts of engaging the agents of FGN on issues of; withheld salaries, the case of our 46 members in vet, omissions in salary payments since February of Eleven (11) of our members. The branch is in contact with the OAGoF which in relation to the above. distorted check-off dues in some branches, though we yet to receive ours, and delays in releasing of EAA contrary to the spirit and letters of the 2020 MoA.

WE SHOULD PLS NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Federal Civil Service offices do not have the full complements of their staff.

Paper work on the payments of salaries of our members is ongoing.

Sadly though, some of the prime officers are down with illness. (Anyone who has been spared by COVID-19 should not take it for granted)

The EAA is with the CBN and will be posted to individual Universities latest by Wednesday, 20th January, 2021.

A few branches have received some pitiable figures as Check-off dues while majority are yet to - our branch falls within this category.

We must note that it is wrong to contemplate that ASUU leadership is more interested in Check-off dues. Note that the leadership is interested in it because is our only source of providing
palliatives to members.

Be assured that the national leadership is not relenting in pursuing and protecting our wellbeing and welfare issues.

Comrades, however we look at it, the conditional suspension of the strike was was the best. For now the
yoke is squarely now on the government; not on the Union.

We appeal that we exercise a little patience as our officers ensure we get our due!

United, we bargain!
Divided, we beg! The union keeps us strong!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by projectreserve2: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2021
Let's keep the watch
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by paulolee(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2021
please you guys should keep watching all tru this year make I finish school abeg, you can continue a longer version 2.0 strike next year abeeeeeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Government Is Failing And ASUU Is Watching! by sinkhole: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
please you guys should keep watching all tru this year make I finish school abeg, you can continue a longer version 2.0 strike next year abeeeeeg
That is selfishness, you know!
Everybody can be in trouble as long as I am not one of them embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Re-introduces Recruitment Of Secondary School Leavers / NECO: Candidate's Result Not Found. / South African Student Reject Offer To Study At USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.