Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling (23508 Views)

Clerics At Shettima's Unveiling Not Hired - Tinubu / Mention Names Of Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling - CAN Dares APC / One Of The 'Bishops' At Shettima's Unveiling Contested As APC Youth Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by dre11(m): 7:11am On Jul 21, 2022
Governors, aspirants and delegates of the South-East extraction were conspicuously missing at the presentation of the All Progressives Congress’ Vice Presidential Candidate, Senator Kashim Shettima, on Wednesday.

Shettima’s unveiling took place at Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre in Abuja, amid the presence of heavy security operatives.

In attendance were party chieftains, members of the National Working Committee and leadership of the APC led by Senator Abdullahi Adamu and National Secretary, Iyiola Omisore.

Others were former APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole; former Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio; Governors Kayode Fayemi, Babagana Zulum, Atiku Bagudu and Abdullahi Ganduje.

However, the absence of South East political leaders and governors got many wondering whether it was a coincidence.

They include former Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Ikeobasi Mokelu; former Minister of State for Education, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu; Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi; former Minister of Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba; Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma and Senator Rochas Okorocha.

In his address, Presidential flag bearer of the APC, Asiwaju Tinubu, told Nigerians that he was delighted to showcase Shettima who shared the same ideology as him and will guarantee the party electoral victory in the 2023 election.

He said, “I stand ready to make this journey and, today, I am delighted to stand shoulder to shoulder with my good friend, brother and running mate; His Excellency, Senator Kashim Shettima.

“Much has been said and written about my decision to select Senator Shettima to partner me on this journey. As a committed democrat and progressive, I have read and listened to all that has been written and said. It has been an emotional and moving period. I understand the strength of feeling that has been displayed by some within our party and I cherish and respect the views of all.”

The colourful unveiling ceremony was almost marred by a protest at the party secretariat, which took place almost at the same time the event was held on Wednesday.

Hundreds of demonstrators on Wednesday morning stormed the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress to register their grievance over the position of the party on the contentious Muslim-Muslim ticket.

The protest, which was led by a few party members under the aegis of APC Hausa-Fulani Youth Forum, saw the delegation arrive at the Secretariat in six luxury buses and few cars, raising different banners and chanting solidarity songs.

Some of the banners read ‘A cry for justice’, ‘Drop Shettima and give slot to our Christian brothers’, ‘Discrimination and mutual suspicion in our country’ among others.

Speaking to our correspondent, Convener of the Forum, Abdullahi Bilal Mohamadu declared that they will not stop protesting until the party dif the right thing.

On why the demonstrators took to protest on a day the party is presenting its vice presidential candidate, Mohammadu stated that it was a deliberate act to tender their grievances and ensure it reached the appropriate authorities.

In a letter addressed to the National Chairman of the APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, and made available to The PUNCH, Mohammadu stated that they saw the selection of Senator Kashim Shettima as an aberration that should be corrected immediately by the leadership of the party.

https://punchng.com/umahi-uzodimma-south-east-leaders-absent-at-shettimas-unveiling/

3 Likes

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by SafariHunter(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2022
Them sef sell themselves out...
Bunch of misguided leaders

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Seezion: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2022
wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by God1000(m): 7:13am On Jul 21, 2022
They did the right thing, APC is a sinking ship with lies upon lies.

Tinubu is already deceiving nigerians by hiring fake bishops even before the election.

I pray he loses for good

232 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Peacemaker5128: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2022
5%ters are inconsequential in the scheme

29 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Bridget95(f): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2022
Peacemaker5128:
5%ters are inconsequential in the scheme
so says terrorists, jihadists and bandits

308 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by diadem10: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Their problem.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Racoon(m): 7:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Do they see them as relevant block in the APC before? Well, it is better they were not there because it would have been rubbing the betrayal some more on their faces.

Guess some efulefus like Dave Umahi must be seeing clearly the futility of his going to rescue the SE in the APC?

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Peacemaker5128: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2022
Bridget95:
so says terrorists, jihadists and bandits
afonjaaaaa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 21, 2022
If Apc doesn't get the required 25% from the SE can they win?

E be like say this time APC go call SE 0.00000005 %

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 21, 2022
I think the SE saw through Tinubu a long time ago, how does a man throw away all he has built over the years that could accored him the role of elderstateman and leave him on the good side of history books, but rather destroy all that just at the brink of his long last years...

Now, when he looses the contest obviously, no one would remember the previous, but rather would only see and speak of a man that would rather the Nation burns than his dreams of being president not to come to pass. Buhari is divisive majorly on ethnic angles, i think Tinubu is worse, his has a mix of ethnicity and religion bias...

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Bridget95(f): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2022
Peacemaker5128:
afonjaaaaa
that's ur fada name right?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Zchi1052(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2022
Maybe they are waking up to reality because they have been licking buhari's Anus thinking something good may come out
Foolish people that don't know they will remove dirty in their eyes before removing from another person

Anyways I and my family have our PVCs
And we pledge our alliance for Peter Obi
We stand for Peter Obi
We will vote for Peter Obi
We stand together with Labour Party to takebacknaija from the dying desperate tinubu and his cohorts

Any well meaning Nigerians must get their PVCs and vote wisely.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by SmartPolician: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2022
If Tinubu was reasonable, why was the so-called unveiling necessary?

He should have announced the man as his running mate and everyone will move on with the decision.

Why do a ceremony to unveil a candidate most Christians criticize?

Now, see the amount of dust one programme has raised.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by GudHardDick: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2022
Most SE leaders are supporting peter Obi on a low-key but won't be outspoken about it.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by gambia(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2022
Tinubu has failed on this already.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by yinkus6750(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Getting clearer and better
Obidient South Easterners.

40 Likes

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by mrvitalis(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Rochas asked tinubu when he came to visit him how is it possible you want to be president yet no single Igbo man in your team and you asking for my support ?

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by GODPUNISHALABI: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Through out all their agbado and cassava campaign ,at what time did they step their foot in the south east to atleast convince their so called 5 percents agbadorians to vote them?? So why are they expecting south east apc agbadorian governors to be present?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by goshikid: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2022
God punish all those bastard

5 Likes

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by setobaba: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Bleep the country is messed up.

a plot of land for sale at Obada housing extension Abeokuta, at a very affordable drop
Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Edutag: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
FOR MALE AND FEMALE
Hello, are you interested in buying or having intravenous sessions of Glutax and TAD brand of Glutathione whitening injections in Nigeria but don't know where to get it from? Do you want glowing halfcaste looking skin from inside out? Tired of buying different creams only to go back to your natural Color or develop dark knuckles & knees? Why not treat your skin the way the Stars in Hollywood & the USA music industry do it. They use lightening glutathione injections not creams. No cream will give you this all over even effect. Some of The people who sell creams take these injections, get that lovely halfcaste look then post their photos on Instagram to sell their creams. They won't tell you its Glutathione injection that did the magic because the want you to keep buying their cream. I have in stock TAD 600, GLUTAX 35GS, GLUTAX 100GS & GLUTAX600GS for sale at SLIDEIN SALOON DAWAKI ABUJA  Free delivery within Abuja. All other states delivery cost is N1000 extra. Please do not call if you have not researched this product or Glutathione via at least a google search to educate yourself about its benefits. I will only take calls from "serious buyers". Thank you for your understanding. Offer valid while stocks last.
CALL OR WHATSAPP US ON THE NUMBER BELOW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by symbianDON(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
They did the right thing by being absent....they can see through the whole charade

7 Likes

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Bawsse(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
If they have sense they will queue behind PO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by bigdammyj: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
Cool.
Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by sonnie10: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2022
Only Bishops were needed, no red cap chiefs.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by Offpoint1: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2022
If you're a wise APC member, this is your turn to build mansion (which God will definitely let it collapse on you anyways) cashout as much as you can from the drug Lord.

I thought Buhari was desperate be Nigeria President, never knew his own desperation was a child-play compare to The Lords of Agbado and Cassava's own.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by ChiefAfonja: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2022
grin
Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by BeardedTraveler: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Ok

Check my profile for phone deals
Re: Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling by floss(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Lol....I think after this election, Yorubas will stop worshipping the North... because the kind of National disgrace that awaits Tinubu and the entire Yoruba race, might take decades to heal. Imagine North advising him to dig his own grave and he's foolishly doing so. Some times I wonder if these people have PAs, how can someone jeopardize his political career in the name of desperation, the hiring of fake clerics and Bishops shows that all the allegations against Tinubu are 100% legit.

Maybe it's karma that's dealing with Jagaban, North never advised Atiku or Kwankwaso to choose a Moslem as a running mates, they never advised any of their sons to hire fake clergy men. They'll continue making him lose all he has managed to steal and his little remaining reputation.
He the gods wants to punish they first make to run mad.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway / PDP Warns Clark, Tompolo And Dokubo Over War Threat / Top 10 Most Well Trained Special Military Forces On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.