Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems (15814 Views)

World Malaria Day 2023: Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation’s Road To Malaria Eradicatio / George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project / Reason Why AA Genotype Are Prone To Malaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Chizzyjr(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Just registered my PVC today....I'm just so happy
Vote Peter obi 2023
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by einsteine(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ideation is not the problem.

The problem is implementation and execution.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by stevolution5: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
Pretend to be wise for once
rottennaija:
The solution to nigerian power problem is mass metering. When everyone has meters including villages, they will be power.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
stevolution5:
Pretend to be wise for once
Explain
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by bukas15(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
rottennaija:

I don't understand what you mean by net metering. Please explain
in a lay mans term, it mean when individuals generate power in there homes using on-grid solar system and supplying the unused power to the national grid which will inturn increase the capacity to be distributed to homes and industries . But you will be paid or compensated for it.

Net metering is a billing mechanism that credits solar energy system owners for the electricity they add to the grid. For example, if a residential customer has a PV system on their roof, it may generate more electricity than the home uses during daylight hours.so the excess power generated during the day time can be sent to the national grid so that people who have need of it can use it
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 2:38am On Jul 22, 2022
bukas15:
in a lay mans term, it mean when individuals generate power in there homes using on-grid solar system and supplying the unused power to the national grid which will inturn increase the capacity to be distributed to homes and industries . But you will be paid or compensated for it.

Net metering is a billing mechanism that credits solar energy system owners for the electricity they add to the grid. For example, if a residential customer has a PV system on their roof, it may generate more electricity than the home uses during daylight hours.so the excess power generated during the day time can be sent to the national grid so that people who have need of it can use it

Ok. I get the concept. We don't have such systems here in Nigeria and no, that's not what I had in mind. I meant mass metering, ensuring every user of electricity have a meter (smart or prepaid or postpaid) including the Interior villages.

Funding is the challenge of Nigerian Electricity sector. In a greater part of the time, only few are paying for the consumption of the many. So the sector does not see the needed funds to improve their services (aside from corruption etc)

So mass metering ensures everyone contribute their fair shared.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2022
meobizy:
The solution to both problems is mass exodus. By the time Nigerian youths migrate to developed nations only a few will remain hence NEPA will properly serve them and lower numbers will die from malaria.

At the end of the day, too much sense won’t kill me.

Exodus to where? Where will you be accepted in reality compared to your home?
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by bukas15(m): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
rottennaija:

Ok. I get the concept. We don't have such systems here in Nigeria and no, that's not what I had in mind. I meant mass metering, ensuring every user of electricity have a meter (smart or prepaid or postpaid) including the Interior villages.

Funding is the challenge of Nigerian Electricity sector. In a greater part of the time, only few are paying for the consumption of the many. So the sector does not see the needed funds to improve their services (aside from corruption etc)

So mass metering ensures everyone contribute their fair shared.
you are right sir. But this is Nigeria where anything goes. Sharp guys even bypass there meter and they are using free power
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
bukas15:
you are right sir. But this is Nigeria where anything goes. Sharp guys even bypass there meter and they are using free power

They do. But it can be limited with use of grps smart meters (which only cost about 6k more). The use of gprs meters solves a lot of problems, there will instant data transfer of energy used, offers remote monitoring and even remote disconnection.

Imagine a situation where all consumer transformers have their own gprs meters, the distribution companies can monitor load usage in each transformer, can monitor when there is power outage, phase failure etc.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by Goosolarpower: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
rottennaija:

I don't understand what you mean by net metering. Please explain

Net metering allows you to invest the extra power units you produced during sunny days for the gloomy days, instead of letting them go to waste. So you can pay less for the units you have used during gloomy/ winter days as you had paid them with your power units during sunny/ summer days.

The net metering system is not equally advantageous for every country/ state. The reason is the weather condition is not the same in every country/ state and the rules and regulations set by each state/ country is different.
Re: Ned Nwoko Reveals Solution To Malaria Menace, Power Problems by rottennaija(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Goosolarpower:

Net metering allows you to invest the extra power units you produced during sunny days for the gloomy days, instead of letting them go to waste. So you can pay less for the units you have used during gloomy/ winter days as you had paid them with your power units during sunny/ summer days.

The net metering system is not equally advantageous for every country/ state. The reason is the weather condition is not the same in every country/ state and the rules and regulations set by each state/ country is different.
I understand what you mean but it cannot work here. Net metering works in locations where there is power in the grid not in our situation where you can go a whole week and no single drop of power in the grid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! How Can I Get Rid Of Bedbugs??? / Bird Flu Now In 11 States – FG / Sour Sop Leaves For Cancer And Fibroid ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.